5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, there are some builds with Ram Boxes (including some members in this forum).

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So, I need some advice from the crowd. I called my dealer this weekend and let him know I'm an impatient man and I wanted his thoughts on placing a new order for a TRX and if he thought that doing so might get me a truck sooner than my currently placed order for a Limited. He said he didn't have a crystal ball (Damn!), but that he'd expect a new TRX order entered now to get priority over non-TRX orders, but that he has no idea how quickly it would get through the system. All of this makes sense. But, then he offered me another option.

He said they have a 2021 TRX in transit that hasn't been spoken for. He sent me the window sticker and it is literally the exact truck I'd build aside from the color (I can live with the color) and the lack of the off-road running boards, which can easily be added after the fact. He said the best price he could do on the 2021 would be MSRP, but no markup. Or, he could give me the same deal on a 2022 TRX that he gave me on the Limited, which is well below invoice.

So, my question to the crowd is: what would you do? What for the already ordered Limited, buy the 2021 TRX at MSRP and get it within a week, or place an order for a 2022 TRX and see what arrives first?

n00ber

Reaction score
So, I need some advice from the crowd. I called my dealer this weekend and let him know I'm an impatient man and I wanted his thoughts on placing a new order for a TRX and if he thought that doing so might get me a truck sooner than my currently placed order for a Limited. He said he didn't have a crystal ball (Damn!), but that he'd expect a new TRX order entered now to get priority over non-TRX orders, but that he has no idea how quickly it would get through the system. All of this makes sense. But, then he offered me another option.

He said they have a 2021 TRX in transit that hasn't been spoken for. He sent me the window sticker and it is literally the exact truck I'd build aside from the color (I can live with the color) and the lack of the off-road running boards, which can easily be added after the fact. He said the best price he could do on the 2021 would be MSRP, but no markup. Or, he could give me the same deal on a 2022 TRX that he gave me on the Limited, which is well below invoice.

So, my question to the crowd is: what would you do? What for the already ordered Limited, buy the 2021 TRX at MSRP and get it within a week, or place an order for a 2022 TRX and see what arrives first?
I mean if you can order the 2022 TRX without any effort outside saying "okay" (no additional money down or if required, any money down for the 1500 is able to be switched to the TRX and vice versa) it sounds like a win win.

Ramontario21

Reaction score
Yeah, one would think that they would try to get this most expensive models delivered, TRX, limited, etc. in order to maximize reported revenue for shareholders and stock price. But who knows what’s really going on behind the curtain…
Or maybe they could fill the orders based on when they actually ordered a truck...lots of guys and gals on here who originally ordered a 21 and now are still waiting for a 22 .....so in my honest opinion thats where the first trucks should go....but i havent really seen any pattern ...so who knows...

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Or maybe they could fill the orders based on when they actually ordered a truck...lots of guys and gals on here who originally ordered a 21 and now are still waiting for a 22 .....so in my honest opinion thats where the first trucks should go....but i havent really seen any pattern ...so who knows...

I’m under the impression back in the day the upcoming model year vehicles were always released around the time of the World Series. At least that’s what I heard. Those were the big commercials for the WS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itsslow98

Reaction score

If you can afford the truck that'll be there in a week I'd buy that. Who knows how long it'll be for either truck you ordered. Might as well enjoy it instead of sitting around waiting for more months.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

MSRP for a stock ordered TRX is as good a deal as you will find, unless you have some inside relationship with a dealership. Most are going for 7-20k ADM. We are in a questionable period right now on how long from order to ship even the TRXs may take with so many trucks sitting in lots.

If it helps with your decision, if in the event that '21 stock order hit the lot and was advertised at MSRP, it would be scooped up by someone (even out of state) within a day. Personally, I would pass on a '21 TRX just because I want the '22 uconnect5 system and I would not base your decision on the thought that a '22 TRX ordered now stands a better chance of being delivered sooner than your already placed Limited order. We don't have the evidence yet to prove that to be true and there could be a specific TRX component that will delay shipment on those trucks and not other trims.

Hasti17

Reaction score

how much is the discount? i know for the Durango SRT MSRP and invoice are only 3k apart so the discount is not nearly as big as a lay-persons ram. if thats the case for the TRX and the discount is relatively small. and you Arent dipping into that C2 corvette fund, then it seems like a good move.

SunnyS

Reaction score

I would take the 2021 TRX coming in and have a fun time enjoying it and not worry about what happens with all us here wondering what month are truck will come in. Plus you can sell it a year from now and still make money on it because nobody is paying MSRP on a TRX

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get the TRX now, and when the 22 comes in, if you like it better you'll get all your money back on the TRX and can scoop that up.

PCHokie

Reaction score

One of the big improvement for me is uconnect 5, I really want wireless CarPlay. If you’re good with everything on the 21, pull the trigger and be done with the waiting in my opinion.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
So I wanted to add this to the bottom of my posts, but am stymied as how to do it....

22 Rebel EcoDiesel, Billet Silver 2 tone, Rebel level 2, ASG, Air Suspension, 33 gal, r whl house liners, power fold trailer mirrors, Ucon5 8.4, Ram Box, tri fold tonneau cover, Blind Spot X path Detect, Trailer Tow Gp, Bed Utility, Night Edition, Mopar Side Steps, Multi Function Tail Gate, Spray in Bed Liner ordered 05/09/21 vin 100517

DTol

Reaction score
So I wanted to add this to the bottom of my posts, but am stymied as how to do it....

22 Rebel EcoDiesel, Billet Silver 2 tone, Rebel level 2, ASG, Air Suspension, 33 gal, r whl house liners, power fold trailer mirrors, Ucon5 8.4, Ram Box, tri fold tonneau cover, Blind Spot X path Detect, Trailer Tow Gp, Bed Utility, Night Edition, Mopar Side Steps, Multi Function Tail Gate, Spray in Bed Liner ordered 05/09/21 vin 100517
Go to your profile then to signature.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
One of the big improvement for me is uconnect 5, I really want wireless CarPlay. If you’re good with everything on the 21, pull the trigger and be done with the waiting in my opinion.
Yeah, I hear the UC5 point loud and clear. My biggest concern with UC5, though, is that when I got my 2019 right after they first came out, the implementation of the UC4 in the Ram was abysmal, and my truck spent multiple multi-day stints in the shop for them to fix the issue. So, I have a sinking suspicion the UC5 implementation will have the same fate, and although it purports to be an upgrade, I truly wonder if it will be a net negative if it ultimately runs into the same issues that the UC4 implementation in the first Gen 5's experienced.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of everyone on this site, but I just can't shake the feeling that UC5 is going to be a major pain in the 3.92 rear.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well there’s a rumor that a bunch of trucks are held up at the factory because of UC5 issues so hopefully this issues are getting worked out now.

DTol

Reaction score
Well there’s a rumor that a bunch of trucks are held up at the factory because of UC5 issues so hopefully this issues are getting worked out now.
There are 2022 HDs shipping. Do they have UC5.? If so then that would throw some shade on the rumor that UC5 software is holding up the shipment of 1500s. Wish we knew more about that.

DTol

Reaction score
I am exactly 4 months since I got my VIN. The truck has been built and the build sheet says it was built exactly as ordered and it is currently in it's 12th day in inspection status.

Users who are viewing this thread