5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

kenrs

Reaction score
Just stopped in to see my dealer and he showed me an email that stated Ram is doing away with all supplier, affiliate, employee, etc discounts starting in October. He sent a response asking if it applies to sold orders but didn't get a response back while I was there. Jeep and Dodge as well.
My dealer had told me that they were stopping Affiliate pricing in October too. Then she checked and it was only on 2021 models. Not sure about the other discounts mentioned, she only had mentioned Affiliate. Hopefully it is just on the 2021 models!

Shawn19

Reaction score
I got lucky, no MD price, but my dealer quoted me invoice price, plus what ever incentives come in at the time. Hopefully they still do first responder, the rest is a crap shoot.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. No way I would order without knowing the price ahead of time. If the dealer is unwilling to work on a price at the time of ordering, they are just trying ascert power over you and the purchase. Too much money is being spent to play their games.
Same. I put $1,000 down (supposedly nonrefundable) bit I signed a contract for a specific price, they can't change it without breaking the contract and then I can get my deposit back (and probably get them in trouble too). I haven't seen anything to suggest that's gonna happen.

I had been hoping for some extra incentives whenever my truck is finally ready but that's looking less and less likely as time goes on.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. No way I would order without knowing the price ahead of time. If the dealer is unwilling to work on a price at the time of ordering, they are just trying ascert power over you and the purchase. Too much money is being spent to play their games.

You do know that for some of us that ordered early in may/June, did not have detailed pricing info on 2022 models. Not even detailed information on the packages was clear. Most of the pricing was 2021, and that changed and pricing went up for the base models.

Us early folks had some kind of idea on pricing, and we placed orders anyway. Things have changed, packages have changed, and the base package did go up a couple hundred since placing the order, and it was passed on to us.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

monkeypunch

Reaction score
You do know that for some of us that ordered early in may/June, did not have detailed pricing info on 2022 models. Not even detailed information on the packages was clear. Most of the pricing was 2021, and that changed and pricing went up for the base models.

Us early folks had some kind of idea on pricing, and we placed orders anyway. Things have changed, packages have changed, and the base package did go up a couple hundred since placing the order, and it was passed on to us.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

I ordered 8 days after you. Yes, I am very aware. I was going to order in May, but waited to see more info on the 10th Edition. Negotiating percent off invoice or msrp can easily be done with seeing a single price. Again, dealers hate that we can find that info, and are reluctant to give up that power.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

Precisely why I waited until 22 pricing came out. Locked in a price and put deposit down so nothing should change. Due to this I'm not in the front of the line but I'm not sure that really is a factor.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
You guys signed papework and/or negotiated a price when you ordered? My dealer doesn't do that until it arrives. All I get at order time is MSRP as a ballpark on the printed order sheet and all I give them is $250 to place the order. No other paperwork, no signature. It's always worked out fine on the last few I've ordered. But I guess there's always a first time.
Horrible deal. No signed Contract like we have.MD,LA.Dealer can back out for any excuse..hope it works out.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as far as I know 2022 pricing has not been officially announced
It was June 14th I believe. I ordered four days later 6/18 after contacting several dealers and settled on MD. Prior to that date dealers would not give any pricing but still required a $1,000 non refundable deposit. Which I would never do. Non refundable deposit on a vehicle not knowing how much I'm going to pay.......don't think so!! Maybe for some but not for me!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
where did you find this info?
All of the dealers I spoke with. Until approx June 14th no one would give any pricing to me. After that they would quote pricing. Didn't see anything in print. MD said the price on the POC would be the MOST I would pay, hoping for incentives/programs and the such reducing the price albeit not much.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
All of the dealers I spoke with. Until approx June 14th no one would give any pricing to me. After that they would quote pricing. Didn't see anything in print. MD said the price on the POC would be the MOST I would pay, hoping for incentives/programs and the such reducing the price albeit not much.
My POC shows pricing for the base truck and all the options (pre option consolidation). Pricing absolutely excited, whether it was on the ram web site for consumers to view or not, there was pricing since at least June.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Agree. I have a firm price and signed Contract. It would be horrible business practice if they reneged after waiting four months.
Well, depends on whose perspective. The simple fact is that new vehicles are in short order and the demand severely outnumbers supply. I wholeheartedly agree that a dealership raising the price at the last minute is horrible for the one who ordered the truck, but it will ultimately result in more revenue and profit for the dealer, as they will sell the truck to someone else for much more money. And, because demand outnumbers supply, no amount of negative reviews will dissuade one who really wants a new truck.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, depends on whose perspective. The simple fact is that new vehicles are in short order and the demand severely outnumbers supply. I wholeheartedly agree that a dealership raising the price at the last minute is horrible for the one who ordered the truck, but it will ultimately result in more revenue and profit for the dealer, as they will sell the truck to someone else for much more money. And, because demand outnumbers supply, no amount of negative reviews will dissuade one who really wants a new truck.
That may be true for that ONE purchase. But what about the next six vehicles that person will buy in their lifetime. At least for me. they would not be made from the manufacture that crapped on me on the ONE vehicle!

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
That may be true for that ONE purchase. But what about the next six vehicles that person will buy in their lifetime. At least for me. they would not be made from the manufacture that crapped on me on the ONE vehicle!
I don't want to get into too detailed of an economic discussion on a Ram forum, but the vast majority of consumers are relationship agnostic and will go wherever they can get the best price. So, while a dealer or manufacturer may lose your business forever, you are in the vast minority and, over time, losing you won't negatively affect their overall bottom line.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you all need to read this post

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online