5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

BladeK

Reaction score
So is there anything in common with the current forum members trucks that have gotten build sheets already.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear the UC5 point loud and clear. My biggest concern with UC5, though, is that when I got my 2019 right after they first came out, the implementation of the UC4 in the Ram was abysmal, and my truck spent multiple multi-day stints in the shop for them to fix the issue. So, I have a sinking suspicion the UC5 implementation will have the same fate, and although it purports to be an upgrade, I truly wonder if it will be a net negative if it ultimately runs into the same issues that the UC4 implementation in the first Gen 5's experienced.

I hope I'm wrong for the sake of everyone on this site, but I just can't shake the feeling that UC5 is going to be a major pain in the 3.92 rear.
If that was the case then we would already have heard about it from existing vehicles... Durango, Pacifica and Grand Cherokee L all have UC5. They are even adding it to the 22 1500 Classic which if they were really having major issues with it they wouldnt have wasted their time/money adding to a legacy product. I'm guessing that the Wrangler, LX trio and most of the other vehicles with the current UC4 will be upgraded to UC5 in the next MY or two. The good news is it seems that current 19-21 owners should be able to upgrade if they were able to add UC5 to the classic truck since it obviously didnt require any sort of canbus network upgrade(would have cost too much on a Classic if it did).

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
If that was the case then we would already have heard about it from existing vehicles... Durango, Pacifica and Grand Cherokee L all have UC5. They are even adding it to the 22 1500 Classic which if they were really having major issues with it they wouldnt have wasted their time/money adding to a legacy product. I'm guessing that the Wrangler, LX trio and most of the other vehicles with the current UC4 will be upgraded to UC5 in the next MY or two. The good news is it seems that current 19-21 owners should be able to upgrade if they were able to add UC5 to the classic truck since it obviously didnt require any sort of canbus network upgrade(would have cost too much on a Classic if it did).
One would think that, but I disagree. The UC4 that was put into the 19's had already been around in several other vehicles when it was implemented into the Gen 5 Rams. Despite being implemented in other vehicles, it was still a clustertruck implementation in the Gen 5 Rams. So, the UC5's reliability and/or functionality in other vehicles would not seem to be an indication of how it will function in a Ram.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to @redriderbob the Charger, Challenger & 300 series will not get the uConnect5 for the 2022 model year.
That's probably because they are due to be replaced. Challenger and Charger should be moving to an Alfa platform in MY23 or MY24 and the 300 isn't long for this world(could change with new management at Chrysler).

Red Cat

Reaction score
My dealer confirmed today that supplier discount is in fact going away after Oct 31. Chrysler Rep says existing orders with the discount can be locked in. So get in touch with your dealers and make sure they do it for you if they haven't already...

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
My dealer confirmed today that supplier discount is in fact going away after Oct 31. Chrysler Rep says existing orders with the discount can be locked in. So get in touch with your dealers and make sure they do it for you if they haven't already...
Do you mean the FCA Affiliate program or Manufacturer incentives?

jlinsenbardt

Reaction score
Do you mean the FCA Affiliate program or Manufacturer incentives?
I emailed Mark Dodge today to see if I could get the rebate they offer on the Affiliate program and they called me. They confirmed that there is no Affiliate Pricing for the 2022 models. He said that they are honoring the deals they have made already but they're not doing it for any new orders

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I emailed Mark Dodge today to see if I could get the rebate they offer on the Affiliate program and they called me. They confirmed that there is no Affiliate Pricing for the 2022 models. He said that they are honoring the deals they have made already but they're not doing it for any new orders
Sooooo did we waste $100 on a tread lightly?

Not that it matters too much, as at this rate, I won't ever see the truck.

Last edited:

DTol

Reaction score
Mine said relatively the same thing. He said that existing orders are price protected until time of sale. He also said that the 2022s will not ship until all the 21s are done and gone.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know my dealer can't promise anything until it arrives on the lot.

For me, they know I won't take anything more than my tread lightly discount. Anything more than that, I'm taking my business, large deposit, and word of mouth to the multiple groups I'm part of, and give my negative reviews. It can spread like wildfire really quick.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
It would be very odd for them to drop the affiliate deal since it is through a lot of companies they do business with. I like a few others as told by my dealer that they would not discuss final pricing till it arrived. I will be very disappointed if they are dropping the affiliate program. My dealer told me last week they are still doing it, I guess I will have to reach out again to confirm.

Mine said relatively the same thing. He said that existing orders are price protected until time of sale. He also said that the 2022s will not ship until all the 21s are done and gone.
That last part doesn't seem exactly true. We already have members who have been informed they 22 have shipped. Some dealerships even have 22 HD's on the lots. Unless he means 22 production won't start till 21 is done, in that case we already turned that corner.

DTol

Reaction score
It would be very odd for them to drop the affiliate deal since it is through a lot of companies they do business with. I like a few others as told by my dealer that they would not discuss final pricing till it arrived. I will be very disappointed if they are dropping the affiliate program. My dealer told me last week they are still doing it, I guess I will have to reach out again to confirm.

That last part doesn't seem exactly true. We already have members who have been informed they 22 have shipped. Some dealerships even have 22 HD's on the lots. Unless he means 22 production won't start till 21 is done, in that case we already turned that corner.
22 HDs come from a different factory and are are on a completely different schedule. As to other members having 1500 orders that have shipped, Eighty and Triple B have not been able to locate a single window sticker which is produced and issued when the order is invoiced to the dealer and an arrival date is set. All before shipment. I hope you are right though. that would mean things are happening that we cannot see and things might be breaking loose. My dealer doesn't see anything like that happening though.

grogol

Reaction score
Any information on when the 21s will be gone and 22s will start shipping to dealers? Wild speculation is OK - it might bring some welcomed amusement to relieve the tension of my long anticipation.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know, only 2 of the 2022 DT's have window stickers (and those are PR vehicles). The HD trucks are a different factory/timeline, so those don't count.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I will be very disappointed if they are dropping the affiliate program. My dealer told me last week they are still doing it, I guess I will have to reach out again to confirm.
If it isn't in writing, it doesn't count... and even then, it may not. Make them give you something in writing, and if the refuse, prepare to pay whatever they want you to pay.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it isn't in writing, it doesn't count... and even then, it may not. Make them give you something in writing, and if the refuse, prepare to pay whatever they want you to pay.
Or walk! Will not be ram rodded by a dealer. no pun intended!!

Users who are viewing this thread