5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

22RebelGT

Reaction score
That is the entire reason I ordered the GT. I told my dealer I didn't want a rebel if it didn't come with vented seats. He called Ram and they told him it was only available if I chose the GT package. That was the first time I had heard of it. That's was may 19th. I will not buy the truck if it doesn't come with vented seats.
I really hope this is true because it will make my day five times over! Excellent surprise for me.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
I specifically switched from the Rebel to the Laramie because I couldn't order a Rebel with ventilated seats. I would be very disappointed if this turned out to be an option in the US now 😕. The Canadian site also shows a lot of other differences though between what you can order there and in the US so who knows 🤷‍♂️. I'd love to get a V8 standard in the Laramie (as the Canadian site shows) but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Up here in Canada I was told no ventilated seats are available on the Rebels at all. Coming from a loaded Limited it was the option I was really going to miss and almost bought a Laramie over. But now I think the Rebel GT could be the perfect truck if this is the case!

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I’m the same. I always justified having 4x4 when I lived in Virginia because it snows 1-2 per year. Even when it snowed, I rarely used because roads were plowed. I don’t off-road in my trucks, because I had a Jeep I built for that. I moved to central Texas and tried being sensible when I ordered.

Same with pano, hud, digital rear view. I had all those in my Sierra Denali. Only used digital rear view when showing friends. HUD was ok, but I still always checked speedometer even though I could see on windshield. Even the stuff from ASG that I did order was rarely used and thought about not ordering. I ended up doing so because I’m curious to try comma.ai and see if I can get real hands free driving on highway.

That said, if I could back in time, probably would have ordered with everything. My barebones Limited will be more than enough though.
10th anniversary isn’t exactly barebones, it looks like you have a great build and a welcome brother in the 4x2 club :)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Hey if I didn't need 4x4 for winter and driving out into wet fields I'd do 4x2 also. Less maintenance, and BETTER MILEAGE. Consider me jealous of you in that regard!!!
As my wife says, I’m allowed one right choice per year. Guess I used mine up. At least the year is mostly over and I reset in a few months!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m the same. I always justified having 4x4 when I lived in Virginia because it snows 1-2 per year. Even when it snowed, I rarely used because roads were plowed. I don’t off-road in my trucks, because I had a Jeep I built for that. I moved to central Texas and tried being sensible when I ordered.

Same with pano, hud, digital rear view. I had all those in my Sierra Denali. Only used digital rear view when showing friends. HUD was ok, but I still always checked speedometer even though I could see on windshield. Even the stuff from ASG that I did order was rarely used and thought about not ordering. I ended up doing so because I’m curious to try comma.ai and see if I can get real hands free driving on highway.

That said, if I could back in time, probably would have ordered with everything. My barebones Limited will be more than enough though.
"Barbones Limited" that really is an oxymoron isn't? That's part of why Level 1 didn't appeal to me, so many standard features on the Limited already I felt like I'd be getting it just to get it.

I don't even like regular cruise control, never mind the adaptive stuff. Only reason I use it at all is because of my arthritis, my driving knee gets messed up if I'm on the road more than a couple of hours straight.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
As my wife says, I’m allowed one right choice per year. Guess I used mine up. At least the year is mostly over and I reset in a few months!
Surprisingly, my wife stayed 100% out of this purchase decision. She knows it's "my baby". She'd prefer to have the pano roof if it were her choice and/or truck, but she said "You buy what YOU want." She and I bought new vehicles a year ago and I stayed 100% out of the choice she made (a Toyota Highlander Platinum Hybrid) It's very nice for the most part but their technology interface SUCKS and she figured that out after-the-fact. It's also very noisy on the highway because there's no insulation. I do my best not to make fun of it but when we travel together she always has me drive and she knows it pisses me off. She'll grin and say "I know, I know". She's already looking for an alternative herself-most likely a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe or Lincoln Aviator Hybrid. Also considering the F150 Lightning. The up-and-coming RAM Electric is too far out for her to wait at this point.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
No, I kind of like that limited stitching. What I mean is this, I guess alligator print. This photo from the online build function for 2021 Longhorns.
Gotcha. I think some of the differential is between the 1500DT and the HD trucks. The interiors are very similar now, but there are differences because the "bones" of the truck are still vastly different. There's some cross of photos being used both ways though....

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She's already looking for an alternative herself-most likely a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe or Lincoln Aviator Hybrid.
If you want real luxury during a long drive, I highly recommend the Lincoln. My wife drives a ‘21 Navigator, and it is awesome. 30-way adjustable front seats, plus massage. I hear the 2022’s will also offer massage for the 2nd row.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, I kind of like that limited stitching. What I mean is this, I guess alligator print. This photo from the online build function for 2021 Longhorns.

Yeah I didn't care for that stuff on the console and other parts of the interior, or the lighter interior with the filigree on the seats. I think the interior looks a lot better without any of that, I was really happy to see the 10th anniversary package when it came out last year with the smooth console and the leather/suede seats without filigree on them.

I also like the stitching in the limited, otherwise though I prefer the interior color options of the longhorn and the ability to not have the air suspension.

Randboye

Reaction score
I am not trying to kick a man while he's down, but you hit the nail on the head. You don't want to be the one left off a feature on a high spec vehicle. I most likely will be in the same boat myself by leaving the pano roof off of mine but I have ergonomic reasons for doing so. I sell farm equipment that costs over a 1/2 million dollars a piece now and I still have customers that will quibble over a $1000 option and it's like when you're spending that much money you want to have it equipped correctly for resale value.... You don't want to be "that guy"....

EDIT: I want to be clear I'm not trying to diminish each of your individual choices, financial situations, or preferences. TBO, I personally have NO BUSINESS buying a truck that lists for damn near 80 grand. But I spend a TON of time in my truck on almost a daily basis and when I ram the configurator for BH, Laramie, Longhorn, & Limited I felt that the Limited was the best value for ME. (With the additional benefit of being equipped with an incredible interior)

Another example: I personally don't understand the monotone and/or "murdered out" aesthetic and prefer some tasteful jewelry on my ride . (Chrome) I also understand I'm probably in the minority of that choice anymore. That's what's cool is we're able to buy and customize these amazing trucks to our personal taste!!

Everyone's situation is personal to them and if you're comfortable with the possibility resale may suffer, THAT'S OK!!
Everyone has a personal taste, mine happens to be Chrome also.
My excuse is I'm old school. I've gone thru different trends in my time from 70 muscle cars 70/80's custom vans, 80's /00 trucks 90's family vans/Suv's but I havn't understood this new trend of black wheels, I get the black out bad *** look, I can't understand paying that much money for black wheels that they use to put on cheaper models of vehicles. Plus when they not clean you can't see them
But to each his own. That's what great about this Country. We get the freedom to choose.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
If you want real luxury during a long drive, I highly recommend the Lincoln. My wife drives a ‘21 Navigator, and it is awesome. 30-way adjustable front seats, plus massage. I hear the 2022’s will also offer massage for the 2nd row.
That's her first choice right now-I haven't researched it much yet but apparently there's an updated plug-in hybrid or full electric model on the near horizon. I've looked at the Lincolns at the C.A.S. and they have GORGEOUS interiors in them. Sync 4 I believe is on-par with UConnect 5 in most aspects. Blue is her favorite color and the Navy Pier interior in those is amazing.

Her work commute is longer than mine so mileage is a key concern. The Highlander has not lived up to the hype in that regard unless you absolutely baby it.

I agree the Navigator is badass-it's just too big for her long commute (and she has issues with maneuvering in tight spaces.) 🤣 🤣 🤣

EDIT: I might nudge her a little towards the Jeep because it's available with the McIntosh audio system and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE McIntosh. If I won the lottery I can honestly say that would be one of my first purchases would be to put a McIntosh full home theatre audio system in my home. I sincerely hope the collaboration between Stellantis & McIntosh expands into the RAM lineup-I'll be over-the-moon if that happens!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't care for that stuff on the console and other parts of the interior, or the lighter interior with the filigree on the seats. I think the interior looks a lot better without any of that, I was really happy to see the 10th anniversary package when it came out last year with the smooth console and the leather/suede seats without filigree on them.

I also like the stitching in the limited, otherwise though I prefer the interior color options of the longhorn and the ability to not have the air suspension.
I'll agree to disagree on the filigree as I personally really like it. That being said, the quilted pattern is a nice departure/change and it looks really nice overall (they've applied it all over the interior) Unfortunately (I've ranted quite a bit about it already) RAM made the choice to put CLOTH inserts (sizeable at that) in the front and rear seats as well as the door panels. Cloth is durable-no argument there, but when these 10th Anniversary trucks are clearly being advertised as the "pinnacle" of the food chain in luxury interiors for pickups that's a blatant lie. We previously had 100% leather seating in these trucks before (and very high quality leather at that-THICK and supple)

I don't mind the cloth in the door panels so much but on the seats it's going to make them much more difficult to detail properly and keep clean. It also from a mentality standpoint going to bug me. That's why I'm researching pretty heavily and considering having the seats custom-upholstered in full leather with darker grey/indigo on the seating surfaces. I'll also have the RAM's head embroidered in the headrests and the Limited and/or EcoDiesel badging embroidered near the top of the front seatbacks. 2021-07-18 09.15.20.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.30.jpg 2021-07-18 09.18.51.jpg 2021-07-18 09.20.46.jpg 2021-07-18 09.28.51.jpg 2021-07-18 10.02.32.jpg 2021-07-18 14.53.07.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll sure feel better when I’m not the last highest vin in the chart! Depressing.
Lol, I hear you. I have a couple of VINs higher than yours, but they’re from the TRX forum. Still haven’t seen anything above 168700 though.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did the info about a possible audit come from?
Someone on the TRX forum said their dealer told them exactly that.
And there’s a dealer over there that has been taking orders way below invoice (with no deposit required), who is suddenly not taking any more orders until this D-to-C issue clears up. So putting two and two together, looks like this is real.

Users who are viewing this thread