5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

DTol

Reaction score
Does the Ram Chat provide assigned codes related to the build stage during the build process? Or does it happen so fast that you just get a stored and waiting shipment status?

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance we can put together some sort of pact where we all agree that if someone’s truck get built before yours, despite being ordered later, there will be no slashed tires or unwanted magazine subscriptions? Let’s keep this civil.
No Promises!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Does the Ram Chat provide assigned codes related to the build stage during the build process? Or does it happen so fast that you just get a stored and waiting shipment status?
Supposedly now they can't provide the alphanumeric codes anymore, so just the generic worded description of the build process. They want you to check back with the dealer-which the dealer should be able to check the "instantaneous" status through their system.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance we can put together some sort of pact where we all agree that if someone’s truck get built before yours, despite being ordered later, there will be no slashed tires or 𝘂𝗻𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀? Let’s keep this civil.
You are a monster for even mentioning such a thing. Ban this man from the forum immediately.

PCHokie

Reaction score
"Barbones Limited" that really is an oxymoron isn't? That's part of why Level 1 didn't appeal to me, so many standard features on the Limited already I felt like I'd be getting it just to get it.

I don't even like regular cruise control, never mind the adaptive stuff. Only reason I use it at all is because of my arthritis, my driving knee gets messed up if I'm on the road more than a couple of hours straight.
Haha, I guess it is. It will bother me a little if the options I did not select are obvious. For example, 4H, 4L, 4 auto, or buttons for pano room. If there are dummy buttons there and it just stands out like these are options you did not select, it will bug me.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Haha, I guess it is. It will bother me a little if the options I did not select are obvious. For example, 4H, 4L, 4 auto, or buttons for pano room. If there are dummy buttons there and it just stands out like these are options you did not select, it will bug me.
Could probably make a killing selling vinyl stickers that look like the Fwd button layout for us 4x2ers to put where the blank plate the buttons would otherwise be.

Donald22

Reaction score
try being the guy that went 4x2 :) (me). I don’t regret going that route - I’m in Southern California and this is purely a freeway daily driver that’ll never tow or see dirt - so while I may have night edition and LL1, I stil feel left out not seeing “4x4” in my sig. even though I know intellectually that I made the right choice for me.
Don’t worry about being that guy! I also went 4x2. I don’t tow anything and don’t do any off roading either. We’re in our own little club!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Easter Egg of Blue Shade??? I just stumbled across this in a YouTube video. I don't think it's Patriot Blue...it's more rich I think....(I know it's on a Laramie in this shot)...wheels appear different too...I like them!! Screenshot_20210904-213218_YouTube.jpg

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Don’t worry about being that guy! I also went 4x2. I don’t tow anything and don’t do any off roading either. We’re in our own little club!
I’m going to have some 4x2 crew jackets made for us. Only question is which half should we have made? The left or right? I guess technically it should be the bottom but at that point it’s just a cummerbund and doesn’t seem as tough.

dsbull

Reaction score
I’m going to have some 4x2 crew jackets made for us. Only question is which half should we have made? The left or right? I guess technically it should be the bottom but at that point it’s just a cummerbund and doesn’t seem as tough.

I would buy if you’ve ordered 4x4 :)

Mexd781

Reaction score

I’m in the 4x2 club as well. Live in FL and don’t tow or leave the pavement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moondogger

Reaction score
My wife and I talked about the cloth last night. We kinda came to the conclusion that the designers wanted it to be different, and being all leather wouldn't be really different. We think the cloth in the doors is unique, especially if it has a premium feel. As we talked about it, the realization that the couch and lounge chair in our living room is very close to material in this truck. And they weren't cheap haha. I really think it comes down to RAM trying to differentiate from other trims. They accomplished that, but clearly not everyone is happy with it. As long as it has a premium couch type feel, I think we will be good with it. 1998 Honda Civic seats, not so much.
My personal take on this is RAM being "woke" like a lot of other automotive manufacturers... they'll probably say the cloth sections are made out of recycled ocean plastics and they're doing their part to save the planet... blah, blah, blah.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Easter Egg of Blue Shade??? I just stumbled across this in a YouTube video. I don't think it's Patriot Blue...it's more rich I think....(I know it's on a Laramie in this shot)...wheels appear different too...I like them!! View attachment 104662
Looks like indigo blue...on the charger/challenger side.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Here you go Screenshot_20210905-070821_Carscom.jpg Screenshot_20210905-070247_Carscom.jpg

Shawn19

Reaction score
Easter Egg of Blue Shade??? I just stumbled across this in a YouTube video. I don't think it's Patriot Blue...it's more rich I think....(I know it's on a Laramie in this shot)...wheels appear different too...I like them!! View attachment 104662
That’s what I’m looking for, maybe I should cancel my order on my Patriot Back Country! (Just kidding….sort of) but man I like it.

Maybe that the “Medium Metallic
Blue” I know it’s not on a limited 10th in the pic.

No such options on a bighorn build sheet.

Last edited:

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wouldn’t read too far into that photo. It looks to be a digitally-enhanced/manipulated photo. If you do a Google image search for 2021 or 2022 Ram 1500, you’ll come across photos of different trucks with the same exact background.

Attachments

• 270116E3-8984-4691-AD5E-4D1B0FE8F697.jpeg
    270116E3-8984-4691-AD5E-4D1B0FE8F697.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread