5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I'm just ok with it. Right now, I'm expecting it to get shut down a couple more times by the end of the year.

What tickles my fancy is the lack of information. I personally feel that they need to slow down on builds instead of trying to ramp up and build as many as they can, just so they run out of chips, then shut down for a week. If they just slow builds down just a little (for example instead of 1000 trucks a day, to maybe 800 trucks a day) that would at least have consistent production going and flow to dealers so that instead of 10 trucks to a dealer shows up, on 8 might be there.

Then at that point, production information can be filtered down, and actual real dates can be provided to us.

If someone gave me a realistic date of 4-5 months of a truck being built, I can plan a little better.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
The other benefit to your proposal is that, with "extra" time to build the vehicles via a slower pace, there should be fewer inconsistencies/issues with the builds. If everyone slows down the pace a bit, one would expect a boost in quality. Of course, what should happen in theory rarely does.

PCHokie

Reaction score
So wait, are you saying the dealer has confirmed that despite your order having been placed prior to the change in package contents (limited level 1), that your specific order has been updated to include the revised version of the package, to include the added items (HUD, etc.)? If so, that’s huge news.
My order moved to D1 exactly how I ordered it, with ASG.

Attachments

• DCDCF7A1-8101-4DE7-8EF7-761335A05447.jpeg
    DCDCF7A1-8101-4DE7-8EF7-761335A05447.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 79

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More juicy bits from the Stellantis website today. Must be early Christmas!

• Confirmation of Trailer Hitch Light (was fairly certain it was coming)
  • UConnect 5 (we already knew)
  • N95 Cab filter (we already knew)
  • Mentions Blue Shade exterior for 10th Anniversary (again) Not sure what's up with this one......
  • Longhorn SouthFork....this is new....they must be trying to clear out the parts bin on this one

I also see "Harvest Sunrise" as a color (Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie and Longhorn). What is that?

Mexd781

Reaction score
I also see "Harvest Sunrise" as a color (Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie and Longhorn). What is that?
Looks like a burnt orange color. If you google Dodge "Harvest Sunrise", you get a bunch of dealerships with '22 Classic builders with that has an option.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good news from the Dolan site…was updated yesterday, and schedule hasn’t changed. So we should start to see a lot more D1 status next week…I hope. Just correct me if I’m wrong.
4406a29f1163a6636e02e2d79d23bdeb.jpg

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

thenachobro

Reaction score
Ha...I didn't know that trx are build along side of regular ram 1500. My assumption was that trx would be built along with other trx...not mixed in with regular 1500.

With that said, is your status D1 yet?

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Mine is in D1 status currently. Would be kinda weird if it wasn't since I am literally the first person to order here. Now the question is, when will it actually get delivered?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is in D1 status currently. Would be kinda weird if it wasn't since I am literally the first person to order here. Now the question is, when will it actually get delivered?
Haven't checked mine this week, so I will hit up ram chat now. Hope Maurice doesn't give me any dicknanigans about my order.

Edited... still in D status. Back to the hole I crawled from.

Last edited:

Dread

Reaction score
grr i soo wanted
Advanced Safety Group
Technology Group on my laramie. I cant believe i cant order it :( they even have it on CA website.
I wanted both of these also :(. Only reason I even went into the dealer was because I couldn't get this stuff on the Sierra either and the Ram dealer told me they had no issues ordering any of the options. He had no clue lol. But I am glad I went with the Ram over the Sierra in the end, regardless. This will be my first truck and I'm pretty excited about it even if it will be lacking a few things from my want list.

Jimmymc

Reaction score
Still in “D” and I don’t have the September production code on the POC

MojitoJLUR

Reaction score
Good news from the Dolan site…was updated yesterday, and schedule hasn’t changed. So we should start to see a lot more D1 status next week…I hope. Just correct me if I’m wrong.
4406a29f1163a6636e02e2d79d23bdeb.jpg

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
But it has to be wrong since we know production did not start on 8/25

Dread

Reaction score
Was playing around with the Canadian Build and Price site just for funsies and noticed for the Laramie that the V8 is standard instead of the V6 for the US version. The 12" screen is also standard. I'm curious if things like this are commonly different?

RockJock

Reaction score
Wow, what a day for SOME updated info I guess. My dealer just sent me some screenshots from my order (as he wasn't able to provided an "expanded" view of the POC) and it shows the LL1 package with the Technology Group items included now. It also confirms FOR SURE that LL1 will contain the ASG features and these have not been disbanded altogether. It's all comforting confirmation for quite a few of us on here. :D

View attachment 104301 View attachment 104302 View attachment 104303 View attachment 104304
Limited Level 1 is still the same code as what I have on my POC- A69. So that's probably good. I just don't see them building some Level 1 with and some without the HUD and DRVM. That would be a clusterfuck later on when people are buying these used. How would they know what they're getting if they're not already familiar with the truck?

I started thinking... I'm wondering if the whole not modifying sold orders thing was aimed more towards people who ordered quad cabs or whatever other configurations are no longer available. I could understand that. The package/naming revisions, like Level 1, that seems like a no brainer to make them all the same

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer just got back to me on this one. The module and software are still supposed to be present in the truck, it's just the sensor kit won't be supplied with the truck. We'll be able to buy it and program them to the truck later on.
He’s telling you what you want to hear. I can guarantee you that if the option was removed from the tow tech package, the modules won’t be there (there are two, one behind the bumper, and one behind the rear passenger side seat). But, it is a fairly cheap option to add after the fact.
That's good news! I wonder if we need to have sensors specific to the Ram's built-in system, or if most any sensors would work...?

If this holds true, that makes me feel a LOT better about them dropping the package cost by only a $100.
Many have tried, but nobody has been able to find an aftermarket set of sensors that will work with TTPMS.

PCHokie

Reaction score
Limited Level 1 is still the same code as what I have on my POC- A69. So that's probably good. I just don't see them building some Level 1 with and some without the HUD and DRVM. That would be a clusterfuck later on when people are buying these used. How would they know what they're getting if they're not already familiar with the truck?

I started thinking... I'm wondering if the whole not modifying sold orders thing was aimed more towards people who ordered quad cabs or whatever other configurations are no longer available. I could understand that. The package/naming revisions, like Level 1, that seems like a no brainer to make them all the same
I was told that if you ordered prior to the announced changes, you would get exactly what you ordered. For example, if you ordered the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, but not the Technology Group, you will not get the Head-Up Display, LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp, or Rear-View Auto-Dimming Digital Display Mirror.

I had asked since I ordered the ASG if it would change to LL1 to ensure I got what I wanted and charged more or if they were just going to delete ASG and I not have options I wanted. He stated once a VIN is assigned, parts are reserved and you are locked in. I am guessing if you did happen to order LL1 and Tech, it could be updated to just reflect LL1 since they were combined and you get whatever that pricing is.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He’s telling you what you want to hear. I can guarantee you that if the option was removed from the tow tech package, the modules won’t be there (there are two, one behind the bumper, and one behind the rear passenger side seat). But, it is a fairly cheap option to add after the fact.

Many have tried, but nobody has been able to find an aftermarket set of sensors that will work with TTPMS.
When say "add after the fact", are you talking about the integrated system, or just getting a 3rd party monitoring system?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The factory integrated system.
Neat. Couldn't get a straight answer from my sales rep about this. But, in other words, if all the components are available again say, this time next year, I should be able to take it to the dealer after having them order the part, and then have them install it...

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Neat. Couldn't get a straight answer from my sales rep about this. But, in other words, if all the components are available again say, this time next year, I should be able to take it to the dealer after having them order the part, and then have them install it...
And then tell them it has to be an all-in price of $100 (since that's the full credit you got from Ram for deleting it). Good luck.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, the dealer can’t install something like this after the fact, and the sales code isn’t available for them to add. You would have to do it on your own, using AlfaOBD to enable it. The parts are readily available for it, as people are actively adding it to their 2021s after the fact.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, the dealer can’t install something like this after the fact, and the sales code isn’t available for them to add. You would have to do it on your own, using AlfaOBD to enable it. The parts are readily available for it, as people are actively adding it to their 2021s after the fact.
Just watched a YouTube video about AlfaOBD. I would be terrified to mess with this lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online