5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
And then tell them it has to be an all-in price of $100 (since that's the full credit you got from Ram for deleting it). Good luck.
This whole deal with the TTPMS sensors has got me really annoyed now. None of the dealers are giving straight answers and we have nothing concrete yet from RAM. They need to give a straight answer if it truly is a chip shortage so be it but admit it and come up with a retrofit kit later on to make it whole at a very similar price. Any chance of any dealer sales reps/sales managers with a burner account willing to chime in here anonymously and give us some better information?

Nate F

Reaction score
I ordered on 8/6 and what I find interesting is that Ram was telling dealerships 2 months. I heard the same thing from two different dealerships on the same day because the first one called Ram to verify a few things and then I found out they weren't accepting the affiliate rewards so I went to another dealership and they told me the same thing. While I was finalizing the order there was someone in the dealership that just got their new Jeep in, they were told 8 weeks but it came in 7. I know it's apples and oranges but I'm trying to keep my hopes up :)

Randboye

Reaction score
My current backup plan.

Set the alarms a little lower than you think you need to, place it in the center console, and forget about it. Not ideal but there's only so much crazy I'm willing to make myself over this lol
I have a friend that has one of these in his new 2021 Ram 2500. He's new to pulling his 5th wheel trailer RV, they had a flat coming back from Ark on one of the trailer tires , he said it was worth ever penny they paid for it. not sure if same brand but looks to be.

brenan00

Reaction score
I wanted both of these also :(. Only reason I even went into the dealer was because I couldn't get this stuff on the Sierra either and the Ram dealer told me they had no issues ordering any of the options. He had no clue lol. But I am glad I went with the Ram over the Sierra in the end, regardless. This will be my first truck and I'm pretty excited about it even if it will be lacking a few things from my want list.
The gmc dealer in Honolulu wanted $10k to place the order. Not down, markup. Like you, I am glad I was looking at the ram too. Later

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I know this is from last year but they had a basically a 4 month lead time from ordering to delivery. So if dealers need this last year they should of definitely told me a real estimated number. I was told it would be on the lot first week of October. Now with production pushed back so much I would bet I’m not going to see this truck until January 😭😭😭

Attachments

• 0E8FFB12-1C92-4B6A-A0EE-115B8F63A6C0.jpeg
    0E8FFB12-1C92-4B6A-A0EE-115B8F63A6C0.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 51

Moondogger

Reaction score
I was told that if you ordered prior to the announced changes, you would get exactly what you ordered. For example, if you ordered the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group, but not the Technology Group, you will not get the Head-Up Display, LED Center High-Mounted Stop Lamp, or Rear-View Auto-Dimming Digital Display Mirror.

I had asked since I ordered the ASG if it would change to LL1 to ensure I got what I wanted and charged more or if they were just going to delete ASG and I not have options I wanted. He stated once a VIN is assigned, parts are reserved and you are locked in. I am guessing if you did happen to order LL1 and Tech, it could be updated to just reflect LL1 since they were combined and you get whatever that pricing is.
The problem is is when I placed my order in early August, I wasn't able to select Technology Group at all. the dealer said it was being discontinued. Now it's showing up in LL1. It makes me think that no matter when you ordered, the Tech Group items will be included in LL1.

Fliphappy

Reaction score
The problem is is when I placed my order in early August, I wasn't able to select Technology Group at all. the dealer said it was being discontinued. Now it's showing up in LL1. It makes me think that no matter when you ordered, the Tech Group items will be included in LL1.
Would be cool if you’re right but given the world we are in, I’m not holding my breath.

PCHokie

Reaction score
How much did price change for LL1? I can’t see RAM eating cost of adding that equipment to an order where it wasn’t already accounted for. Either people are going to have to pay more for a package for stuff they did not originally agree to or it won’t be there. Just my opinion of course.

All I know to be fact is my original order has moved forward with a now deleted package.

Something I’m not happy with is I requested the exclusive Blue Shade color for Limited 10th Anniversary package and was told that was a misprint and Patriot Blue would be the only blue exterior color for Limited. Then today fact sheet again makes mention of this Blue Shade available exclusively for Limited 10th Anniversary.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I lost the link to ram chat.
could someone repost it?
You can get to this from the main web page for Ram Trucks. Just go to the bottom to “Contact Us” and follow the links to contact them.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
What is really weird about the Blue Shade is the marketing photos even show the truck in Patriot Blue and the unit at the Chicago auto show was definitely painted Patriot Blue cause I looked at the build sheet for it. However every single marketing write-up in print mentions that this color is going to be available. RAM needs to start providing answers and clarity instead of further confusion and make things right. Crickets and/or slow drippy drippy of info isn't cutting it.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is really weird about the Blue Shade is the marketing photos even show the truck in Patriot Blue and the unit at the Chicago auto show was definitely painted Patriot Blue cause I looked at the build sheet for it. However every single marketing write-up in print mentions that this color is going to be available. RAM needs to start providing answers and clarity instead of further confusion and make things right. Crickets and/or slow drippy drippy of info isn't cutting it.
I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm thinking they are trying to make sure they're going to actually be back online come September 7th, and once they know they can actually start building the stuff they keep talking about, then we'll get more concrete info…

Maybe…

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm thinking they are trying to make sure they're going to actually be back online come September 7th, and once they know they can actually start building the stuff they keep talking about, then we'll get more concrete info…

Maybe…
Hope so. I realize each country's marketing department for Stellantis runs independently but still under the direction of corporate. Seems VERY odd that Canada's B&P went live today but not the home team. And a few items in identical packages such as the Tow Package supposedly omitting TTPMS here in the US but not CA just isn't making any sense.....

Shawn19

Reaction score
Ok
Is the Uconnect 5 only on the 12 " screens?
My build sheet says Uconnect 5 with Nav 8.4.
I ordered a back country, it made me select Nav. Guessing it’s for the Off road Pages that comes with the package but not sure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread