5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

DTol

Reaction score
Officially in D1 with no build or ship date assigned.
I was also told by my dealer that they still have 3 2021s sold orders in D1 status which means that there a lot of 2021s to build yet before they get really serious about the 2022s.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
I was also told by my dealer that they still have 3 2021s sold orders in D1 status which means that there a lot of 2021s to build yet before they get really serious about the 2022s.
I agree. I was scrolling through 2021 inventory yesterday and there are a ton showing as “In Transit” for the northeast.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Prex01

Reaction score
So, it definitely looks like D1's are starting to happen.
100342 - TRX
100389 - TRX
101865 - Rebel GT
102542 - Laramie (Crew Cab, 6'-4" bed)
119000 - TRX
So far the pattern mostly seems to be early VINs (with one exception), and mostly TRX's. Not enough data yet to see anything more. But if everyone can check in with their dealers, then maybe we can start figuring out what's happening.

Just talked with my dealer and I’m still in D status Vin 121256

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prex01

Reaction score
From our local news today. SHAP will be down next week again.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

SeaSkag

Reaction score

brewdad

Reaction score
Great news! I heard from Sandy at MD earlier today. She called to let me know that my 2022 Limited has quickly moved to F Status (paint) so hopefully it'll be completed soon! She said she'd call again once it was on the train and she had an estimated delivery date. After that I woke up in a cold sweat half an hour before my alarm went off and realized it was all just a dream. 🤭
I'm still trying to remove the fish hook from my mouth; I swallowed the bait & dove deep before I saw the "woke up in a cold sweat" line.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Ram does NOT build in the same sequence that they receive orders. There are a lot of factors involved, much of which is not understood publicly. I don't know everything about their decision-making process, but I do know that it involves a pair of dice.
I understand what you are saying. while I would like a straight up/down build system so we could track by vin and order date, that wouldn't make sense from a management point of view as they have to consider parts availability, their paint shop and # of trucks with same paint color; option parts, etc. For example, it seems like over 85% of trucks on dealer lots are bright white and black. when I was looking nationwide for the MFT, hardly any were around. I wanted something different than what was on dealer lots. It will be interesting to see how your chart flows once data on builds, etc. is entered. I suspect mine, for ex. will take longer if certain options aren't available. We shall see.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More confirmation on the shutdown next week.

1630098906773.png

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
My dealer isn't responsive at all. The only way I get info is to go there in person. If I go there in person, they have a 2021 Rebel on the lot with most of what I ordered, I may end up getting that instead if I go. lol
don't go. stay home.

Users who are viewing this thread