5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

dsbull

Reaction score
I think about half the reason I got as good of a deal on my truck as I did was because I proved the salesperson wrong about something twice. And I'm a truck noob.
not hard to do lately as half the sales people dont know half the stuff they sell sadly.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a limited on order. My Vin is 102566. I got it on June 3rd. The Vin that is. D status
Based on your VIN, it looks like it was issued on 5/27. I got you in the tracker now.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
That's the thing, it's not your fault, they should know better.

We can all use a little more knowledge ( especially me) but you reached out to the dealer, and they should have most answers for you.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I can’t fathom the fact that a Big Horn will have an option that is not even available on a Laramie. Now I’m wondering what else is the Laramie I ordered not going to have? This forum and specific thread has been very helpful so I appreciate everyone’s insight and discussions on it. I hope I’m not hijacking or derailing the purpose of this thread.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t fathom the fact that a Big Horn will have an option that is not even available on a Laramie. Now I’m wondering what else is the Laramie I ordered not going to have? This forum and specific thread has been very helpful so I appreciate everyone’s insight and discussions on it. I hope I’m not hijacking or derailing the purpose of this thread.
Well, since you asked....you can't get a Quad Cab in Laramie now (only Big Horn and Tradesman).

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I’d be willing to bet the limited’s went up because of people ordering Laramie’s jumping up a trim level. My dealer was unfortunately useless in understanding the packages. But shame on me for not better understanding then too.
This explains at least my order.

DTol

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer sales person about my order and the possibility that some tech features won't be on my vehicle when built. She contacted whomever she contacts and was told that they are still building sold 2021 orders and won't start building 2022s until they are done. It could be a while. She also took another look at my build order and the Level 1 package and the tech package were still there. She also said that Blind Spot Monitoring was moved to standard features. Early sold orders will include everything on the build orders. My Vin is 102566 so will have BMS, Heads-Up, and Adaptive Cruise Control which are important to me. They are changing what is included in the tech packages for more recent Vins. If you don't see it offered, you probably won't get it.

My June 3rd Vin probably won't get to the dealer until November or December. I live in Alaska and ordered my new Ram from Brookdale CDJR in Brooklyn Park Minnesota with the idea of fishing my way back to Alaska. But, I think its going to have to be ice fishing, unless I leave it with family until Spring.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Well, since you asked....you can't get a Quad Cab in Laramie now (only Big Horn and Tradesman).

This definitely sucks too but I feel like it’s a different argument to my point which is the Laramie being a higher luxury trim. You would think things you can add to a Big Horn would be standard in a Laramie.

DTol

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer sales person about my order and the possibility that some tech features won't be on my vehicle when built. She contacted whomever she contacts and was told that they are still building sold 2021 orders and won't start building 2022s until they are done. It could be a while. She also took another look at my build order and the Level 1 package and the tech package were still there. She also said that Blind Spot Monitoring was moved to standard features. Early sold orders will include everything on the build orders. My Vin is 102566 so will have BMS, Heads-Up, and Adaptive Cruise Control which are important to me. They are changing what is included in the tech packages for more recent Vins. If you don't see it offered, you probably won't get it.

My June 3rd Vin probably won't get to the dealer until November or December. I live in Alaska and ordered my new Ram from Brookdale CDJR in Brooklyn Park Minnesota with the idea of fishing my way back to Alaska. But, I think its going to have to be ice fishing, unless I leave it with family until Spring.
I was thinking about not taking this vehicle and starting over. However, it looks like I might not be able to order what I want if I did that. Sooo, suck it up and go with the flow.

RedNightRam

Reaction score
I was thinking about not taking this vehicle and starting over. However, it looks like I might not be able to order what I want if I did that. Sooo, suck it up and go with the flow.
That’s probably what I’ll do. I actually called some Chevy dealers to get prices on the trim level with air ride and it’s way higher than what I’m getting for the Ram. So I’ll be sucking it up and dealing with it. Just can’t promise that I’ll stop complaining about it though LOL

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
That's still better than the "I'd say at least 12 weeks" with a subtext of "but really I have no idea" that I got from the dealer lol.
Eighty has put a lot of work into this and his chart for which we all thank him. It is going to be very enlightening to see how the chart shapes up once production begins followed by shipping and delivery dates. We'll then see if our "sold orders" have any priority or if dealer orders are produced first.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
That’s probably what I’ll do. I actually called some Chevy dealers to get prices on the trim level with air ride and it’s way higher than what I’m getting for the Ram. So I’ll be sucking it up and dealing with it. Just can’t promise that I’ll stop complaining about it though LOL
I'm going to post this link as I was just surfing the net for Ram news. I don't want to assume you guys already saw this:

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I'm going to post this link as I was just surfing the net for Ram news. I don't want to assume you guys already saw this:

Thanks for the link. From that article: "According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan."
I know when Eighty posted a copy of the letter (probably the letter this is referring to) there was some discussion around if that was limited to dealer stock orders or all orders.... I think that debate still continues (if for no other reason than it gives us something to talk about). It really seems like it would be an all or nothing type change. Meaning they wouldn't want to be building two Limiteds with the same packages but with different things in those packages. Overly complicates matters. That was my thought process when this news first broke, and I still think that makes the most sense. but as I said then, I have no manufacturing know-how so that's just dumb-dude logic.

chexp77w

Reaction score
Just trying to understand this so on the limited they’re dropping (Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited)? Meaning it won’t have this anymore, sorry if this has been talked about already.

Matrixband

Reaction score

In that article it said with limiteds, there would no longer the advanced safety option. However, it did not mention this deletion from the “Limited Longhorn.” Are they dropping the safety package altogether? From every model? I am not familiar with the option packages for other models.

firedfly

Reaction score
In that article it said with limiteds, there would no longer the advanced safety option. However, it did not mention this deletion from the “Limited Longhorn.” Are they dropping the safety package altogether? From every model? I am not familiar with the option packages for other models.

Previously, the Limited trim had two similar packages: Advanced Safety Group and Limited Level 1. All features of the Advanced Safety Group were included in the Limited Level 1 package. Ram has eliminated the Advanced Safety Group for new orders. However, those features are still included in the Limited Level 1 package. Additionally, the Technology Package has been removed from the Limited trim and its features were added to the Limited Level 1 package.

I'm not sure if the Advanced Safety Group features are available on any of the other trims.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Previously, the Limited trim had two similar packages: Advanced Safety Group and Limited Level 1. All features of the Advanced Safety Group were included in the Limited Level 1 package. Ram has eliminated the Advanced Safety Group for new orders. However, those features are still included in the Limited Level 1 package. Additionally, the Technology Package has been removed from the Limited trim and its features were added to the Limited Level 1 package.

I'm not sure if the Advanced Safety Group features are available on any of the other trims.
Good explanation. Fortunately this won't effect my order as I didn't get/want level 1 anyway (or advanced safety…or the tech package lol).

csicoli

Reaction score
Do you have your POC that indicates what your truck has?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[mention]thenachobro [/mention]
[mention]bebrown1075 [/mention]
[mention]coachdave [/mention]

Hope you guys are keeping close eye with dealer/ram chat and letting us know when we start the 2022 kick off party!!!

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. From that article: "According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan."
I know when Eighty posted a copy of the letter (probably the letter this is referring to) there was some discussion around if that was limited to dealer stock orders or all orders.... I think that debate still continues (if for no other reason than it gives us something to talk about). It really seems like it would be an all or nothing type change. Meaning they wouldn't want to be building two Limiteds with the same packages but with different things in those packages. Overly complicates matters. That was my thought process when this news first broke, and I still think that makes the most sense. but as I said then, I have no manufacturing know-how so that's just dumb-dude logic.
Yes, that letter was confusing as hell as it pertains to previous sold '22 orders. I also agree with you that if they are trying to simplify not only the ordering process but the actual manufacturing line (which maintains a better bottom line for them) they will just apply changes to ALL orders to make sure the production line runs efficiently as possible.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the thing, it's not your fault, they should know better.

We can all use a little more knowledge ( especially me) but you reached out to the dealer, and they should have most answers for you.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
I agree, in april i ordered a bighorn for family transportation and towing from a saleman and he did not go over a thing like the bigger fuel tank and other options. Oh and when ordering i wanted the 12" screen and my wife said do u really need that? Before i could get a word out the salesperson said no, its over kill! Really! Then i join here and learned alot. So i bought the 2021 i ordered got it home and parked it. Put up for sale and sold it within a week. I then reordered a 2022 for several reasons, like the bigger tank, mft ramboxes surround camera the awesome limited longhorn interior. I learned my lesson before buying big, research big! Sales people should know their products and ask questions before placing orders.

Users who are viewing this thread