5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

coachdave

Reaction score
[mention]thenachobro [/mention]
[mention]bebrown1075 [/mention]
[mention]coachdave [/mention]

Hope you guys are keeping close eye with dealer/ram chat and letting us know when we start the 2022 kick off party!!!

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

I am definitely keeping track. At least every other day on Ram chat. The second I get anything different than the pat answer, I will send out a quick note. Hopefully it will start hitting like popcorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedNightRam

Reaction score
Do you have your POC that indicates what your truck has?
I do and it has the Level B package which is when Ram removed blind spot monitoring. I guess it is still available on the Rebel? Which I would have gotten if it came in a crew cab and 6’-4” bed.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do and it has the Level B package which is when Ram removed blind spot monitoring. I guess it is still available on the Rebel? Which I would have gotten if it came in a crew cab and 6’-4” bed.
The Rebel was actually my next choice after the Laramie but the lack of the 6'4" bed was a deal-breaker for me too.

RockJock

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. From that article: "According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan."
I know when Eighty posted a copy of the letter (probably the letter this is referring to) there was some discussion around if that was limited to dealer stock orders or all orders.... I think that debate still continues (if for no other reason than it gives us something to talk about). It really seems like it would be an all or nothing type change. Meaning they wouldn't want to be building two Limiteds with the same packages but with different things in those packages. Overly complicates matters. That was my thought process when this news first broke, and I still think that makes the most sense. but as I said then, I have no manufacturing know-how so that's just dumb-dude logic.
Yeah, I'd agree all or nothing would seem to make the most sense.

Say Limited A was ordered June 15th, has Level 1 but not Tech Group since it was still stand alone.

Limited B was ordered August 15th after these changes. It has Level 1.

Come production time would they build Limited A with Level 1 but not include the HUD and DRVM because it was ordered in June? Then turn around and build Limited B with the HUD and DRVM?

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd agree all or nothing would seem to make the most sense.

Say Limited A was ordered June 15th, has Level 1 but not Tech Group since it was still stand alone.

Limited B was ordered August 15th after these changes. It has Level 1.

Come production time would they build Limited A with Level 1 but not include the HUD and DRVM because it was ordered in June? Then turn around and build Limited B with the HUD and DRVM?
That is precisely my situation. I"m hoping I get those things added, but at the same time, I believe I did have the package available to me and I chose not to get it. so no harm, no foul.

dsbull

Reaction score
By the looks of it, there is going to be a lot of disappointment in a few short weeks.

Vakali72

Reaction score
Well I have to contact my dealer again as my order is a quad cab rebel. I cant get the crew cab as it won't fit in my garage. I will be pissed if I have to cancel cause they will be making it in crew cab which I don't want. And there is no clear information being communicated between dealer and Ram.

I hope they make it anyways and I get a rare 22 cause I ordered before these changes.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I was relieved to see they didn't mess with the Limited much. The lower trims are getting all changed around.
Yeah they pretty much are simply putting the advanced tech (safety and "geek") into the Limited Level 1 which I'm guessing has a very high take rate anyway. Simplifying options and build complexity.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m fairly concerned about the statement in the recent article that says, “According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan.”

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah they pretty much are simply putting the advanced tech (safety and "geek") into the Limited Level 1 which I'm guessing has a very high take rate anyway. Simplifying options and build complexity.
And I didn't take that option (don't want all the fancy adaptive cruise stuff, did want the speakers but got them with the Night Edition, which I also wanted for the look anyway). And the protection group reduces payload so it looks like my build won't get touched. For now lol

RockJock

Reaction score
I’m fairly concerned about the statement in the recent article that says, “According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan.”

I'm wondering if that's how the author is interpreting it? In that memo from Ram it has "stock orders in the pipeline will be modified to reflect the revised product plan" Stock orders would be dealer lot orders? Or maybe the author has new information we haven't seen.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that too. People who ordered BH's, Trade's, and Rebels are about to get messed with hard ☹️

Vakali72

Reaction score
Quad cab is the deal breaker for me as I have to park in a garage due to my condo rules. I already had to give in on the tech package when I was looking to place my order back in late June early July. Even then they had already wiped tech and air suspension options from quad cab rebel models. Now it looks like they are wiping quad cab models entirely for rebels.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it changed much on my big horn back country. Biggest take I see in that article is the following:

No quad cabs for laramie and rebel. Just bighorn and Tradesman (makes sense)

Multi function tailgate for lower trims (Tradesman and bighorn) are gone (that kinda sucks)

Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited. (I dont get this one, why only on this trim).

My sales rep will give me an update on my big horn back country package, and let me know (if anything changes). To be honest, for me if I can save some $$ and get the 8.4"screen instead of the 12" screen, I'm fine with saving $1500, but I can't complain...im excited.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Multi function tailgate for lower trims (rebel and below) are gone (that kinda sucks)
Where did you see that? I only saw that going away for the tradesman. Not the Rebel.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you see that? I only saw that going away for the tradesman. Not the Rebel.
I will edit...Tradesman and bighorn only. Rebel is good

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

ny2az

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it changed much on my big horn back country. Biggest take I see in that article is the following:

No quad cabs for laramie and rebel. Just bighorn and Tradesman (makes sense)

Multi function tailgate for lower trims (Tradesman and bighorn) are gone (that kinda sucks)

Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited. (I dont get this one, why only on this trim).

My sales rep will give me an update on my big horn back country package, and let me know (if anything changes). To be honest, for me if I can save some $$ and get the 8.4"screen instead of the 12" screen, I'm fine with saving $1500, but I can't complain...im excited.
l'm thinking since there streamlining the option pkg's, the Advanced Safety Group is not available as a stand alone option but only in Level 1 now ....

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Just received an email from sandi at MD in response to my email that my build is good and that "all orders submitted prior to 8/4 are safe". So my build should be good and response implies any order before 8/4 is good. we shall see.....

firedfly

Reaction score
Just received an email from sandi at MD in response to my email that my build is good and that "all orders submitted prior to 8/4 are safe". So my build should be good and response implies any order before 8/4 is good. we shall see.....

Thanks for the update. I had emailed her on 8/6 to ask the same question and received the same response. I'm glad that the answer is still the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread