5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I am. I could do 1% under invoice locally with Tread Lightly but I'm buying a 1 way plane ticket and driving back for 5-5.5% below by the time they adjust my package pricing over duplicate features. It's a $4300 difference before pulling out the $500 for a flight and a tank of gas.......
Wait if I have duplicate items on different packages they will or might deductible the difference?

Fliphappy

Reaction score
I enjoy the posts where people share their excitement for what the got, and are waiting for. Not seeing the value (pardon the pun) in all the posts about how much cheaper X got it than Y. It’s my choice to be here and read what I read, I just hate coming in excited to see everyone talk through the guessing games on production, sharing what tidbits of info we can dig up, and that kind of thing, just to see a bunch of posts about how much better a shopper you are than me. Again, that’s on me, but it’s still a bummer.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I enjoy the posts where people share their excitement for what the got, and are waiting for. Not seeing the value (pardon the pun) in all the posts about how much cheaper X got it than Y. It’s my choice to be here and read what I read, I just hate coming in excited to see everyone talk through the guessing games on production, sharing what tidbits of info we can dig up, and that kind of thing, just to see a bunch of posts about how much better a shopper you are than me. Again, that’s on me, but it’s still a bummer.
Here ya go....more cr@p that is sitting in my basement. Some if pulled off of my trade in ram, others is new stuff it got. It's along another post I made.

This picture has my vararam cai (painted the top cover), catch can, tow hooks I painted, step for the tow hitch (dont like the paint...going to go a different route), tow pin, for my offroad recovery straps.

143467bd83f04545a860dc80f0bcad49.jpg

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Fliphappy

Reaction score
Just checked with my dealer and my order is still in D (no surprise given my late July order) but he said they don’t have any in D1 yet. He said they didn’t start taking orders as early as some others though - Left it at that. The wait continues.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s an odd conversation I had with Ram Chat earlier today.

1629153467382.png

Fliphappy

Reaction score

View attachment 103071
Maybe their definition of "started" is different than ours? Started putting things into bins. Started planning out a build order. Started making sure all the bathrooms were fully stocked for when they actually start building trucks.

Hasti17

Reaction score
Maybe their definition of "started" is different than ours? Started putting things into bins. Started planning out a build order. Started making sure all the bathrooms were fully stocked for when they actually start building trucks.
They started thinking about when they should start thinking about planning to build trucks, its a very important day for them.

Yoodie

Reaction score
i dont think anyone would travel for just couple of %. i am for instance traveling for 14%

Important to also ensure what we are talking about here. Some folks have been quoting below MSRP and some below invoice. I am assuming yours is below MSRP?

I also agree with Fliphappy that it is frustrating to see the whose deal is better posts but when there is no news there isn’t much else to talk about.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 103071

I don’t know….just because we would have at least seen some build sheets popping up…and some D1 status.

Maybe like you said…special models like the TRX.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, they’re just clueless. A handful of 2022 pilot trucks got built a month ago, and nothing else since.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but I just couldn't do it. My time is worth way more than all that trouble. If I were retired, maybe I'd be singing a different tune. But, at this point in my life and career, if I'm taking a few days off to travel for a truck, it'd need to for a savings of well over $10,000.
How do you figure? I'll jump a flight from Birmingham to Lake Charles on a Saturday, pick up the truck in the afternoon and be back by 2 or 3 am Sunday morning. Even if I had to use vacation I would absolutely trade 1 or 2 days of vacation time to essentially get handed $3500.

Its not trouble to me, its a no brainer. I get it for folks with farther to go, but an 8 hour drive is nothing to me. I used to travel 60,000 - 80,000 miles a year. It's really not that bad. Then again, I'm not employed @ $1750/day either 🤷‍♂️

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wait if I have duplicate items on different packages they will or might deductible the difference?
Mark Dodge told me that typically it gets worked out after the build is finished and the dealership is invoiced. I have limited level 1 and 10th Anniversary which duplicates the 19 speaker sound system and rear vented seats. Mine should have been spec'd out with ASG and 10th Anniversary Edition to avoid the duplication.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Nice! My first in over a decade, my first ever factory order, and only my second truck ever. Super excited and happy to have found this place full of other excited people painfully waiting for their fun!
No doubt! My buddy turned me onto this site after he bought his '18. We both just ordered from a local dealership at invoice pricing. TRX for him though lol.

Shawn19

Reaction score
You can jump on NADA and build one. Most colors are available except black. Heck of a deal with this package IMHO. Can't wait to get mine 👍
Thanks for the heads up on that site.
Order is in!
Ended up ordering Patriot over black.

Users who are viewing this thread