5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Teddy

Reaction score
Anyone know how MD handles sales tax?I’m pretty sure you pay the tax rate in whatever state it is going to be registered in yes? I initially thought I was going to save on tax since LA is 2% less than Texas but the more I research it looks like I won’t be avoiding the 6.25% tax rate here in Texas.
Be mindful of the taxes if you’re in Texas. If you have a trade-in, you might be better off trading that vehicle in during the purchase instead of selling- because of the tax savings. You have to do the math. Most dealers, to include MD are offering great deals on trade-ins… Aaron is pretty cool (sales manager) I live in Texas as well. Just do the math as you can sell the vehicle outright but you May not save any money at all once you factor in the sales tax. I just picked up a 3/4 ton truck from them on Friday- got a banging deal.

Yes, I have a 1/2 ton on order, hence the reason I’m on this particular forum.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Can't wait to see your truck when it comes in!
JoeCo, thanks! Will post pics. BTW, how did they ship yours? drive it? single trailer? A member just asked about shipping sharing by maybe bringing two trucks to the northeast at the same time. Might send Aaron/Sandi an email at some point.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I plan on signing up for the Tread Lightly membership to get 1% below invoice pricing.
Thanks for letting me know about this. The $100 membership more than pays for itself. Glad I have more than a 30 day wait till my truck arrives now

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
I wonder if for instance both of our cars came in at the same time. Would be cheaper to ship both to nj/pa ?
One of us should check on that. Because one truck or five trucks going to the same place would have to be cheaper.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of us should check on that. Because one truck or five trucks going to the same place would have to be cheaper.
Hopefully they show up around the same time to ship them both to you guys. But its definitely a good idea for both of you to reach out to the dealer.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

dsbull

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know about this. The $100 membership more than pays for itself. Glad I have more than a 30 day wait till my truck arrives now

Yeah. No brainer. $100 to save $650. Going to do the same.

Last edited:

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah. No brainer. $100 to save $650. Going to do the same.
Everybody should get at least that pricing. This is the start...anything else under that 1% under invoice is a bonus :).

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Can you use the Tread Lightly membership discount AND the FCA affiliate discount at the same time?

It's the same 1% below invoice but not sure if you can combine the two.

deanno33

Reaction score
I was able to negotiate 3% below invoice on my 2022 order so think all that's left is a potential rebate. Not overly likely but hopefully there is at least a small rebate on the bighorn / backcountry by the time it arrives. Personally I was more interested in the trade value. They gave me too much on my trade but I'll take it.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
JoeCo, thanks! Will post pics. BTW, how did they ship yours? drive it? single trailer? A member just asked about shipping sharing by maybe bringing two trucks to the northeast at the same time. Might send Aaron/Sandi an email at some point.

You're welcome, and I will look forward to seeing them! As for the shipping, I believe it was on a car carrier with a few others until it got about 3 hours south of me, there it sat for at least 5-6 hours if not a little longer before coming the rest of the way. Once it got here, it was on a single car trailer being towed by a tundra, so maybe it towed it all the way up from Louisiana but it would also make sense to me that it got traded off to a local driver once in the region. Took a little over 2 days from the time of pickup so I was very happy with that, and that it got here unharmed of course.

Edit: Forgot to mention I did end up arranging my own shipping because at the time there was a shortage of drivers and we were having a hard time getting someone to pick up the bid. So I called a friend in the business and still had to fork over a good amount more than usual, but hopefully by the time your trucks come in that won't be an issue anymore.

Last edited:

ny2az

Reaction score
It means your truck is starting to be built. Once complete, they issue a window sticker.

@Eighty ,... Rec'd the POC w/ vin # of the 22' TRX order ... sending you a pm for updating ... thx

Performance Ram of Delaware, Ohio will do FFP pricing on new 22' Ram 1500 order's ... no tread lightly certificate needed ... plus any applicable rebate's at time of purchase ....

this should be good for the east coast forum members ...

call Rick Ratliff 740-815-1805 @ Performance Ram

Last edited:

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Everybody should get at least that pricing. This is the start...anything else under that 1% under invoice is a bonus :).

I am used to getting closer to invoice or even dealer cost when I custom order, but all the dealers in my area are sticking hard to MSRP because of the "Chip shortage" so anything I can do to get a discount will help out.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am used to getting closer to invoice or even dealer cost when I custom order, but all the dealers in my area are sticking hard to MSRP because of the "Chip shortage" so anything I can do to get a discount will help out.
True...dealers are using the "no" word alot more, because some other sucker will pay over msrp.

I'm also not that person that will travel hundreds of miles to save an extra couple percent.

If you are under MSRP when placing an order. It's a win for my eyes, and I won't pressure anybody to say "I got a better deal at xxx dealership".

It's a different animal right now with vehicles and its not a good time to buy.

dsbull

Reaction score
True...dealers are using the "no" word alot more, because some other sucker will pay over msrp.

I'm also not that person that will travel hundreds of miles to save an extra couple percent.

If you are under MSRP when placing an order. It's a win for my eyes, and I won't pressure anybody to say "I got a better deal at xxx dealership".

It's a different animal right now with vehicles and its not a good time to buy.

i dont think anyone would travel for just couple of %. i am for instance traveling for 14%

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i dont think anyone would travel for just couple of %. i am for instance traveling for 14%
I am. I could do 1% under invoice locally with Tread Lightly but I'm buying a 1 way plane ticket and driving back for 5-5.5% below by the time they adjust my package pricing over duplicate features. It's a $4300 difference before pulling out the $500 for a flight and a tank of gas.......

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a pretty good reason to travel.

But also, some folks would stop and pick up a penny on the floor.

Definitely not going to stop folks from doing that, because everybody is different. For me, I'm more excited about the truck, so I'm only looking for a good deal, and help my local community. Could I shop for a crazy great deal, sure. But I want to stay local, and support my local places (that will also give me a fair deal).

brenan00

Reaction score
I am. I could do 1% under invoice locally with Tread Lightly but I'm buying a 1 way plane ticket and driving back for 5-5.5% below by the time they adjust my package pricing over duplicate features. It's a $4300 difference before pulling out the $500 for a flight and a tank of gas.......
A tank of gas is over a hundred bucks.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but I just couldn't do it. My time is worth way more than all that trouble. If I were retired, maybe I'd be singing a different tune. But, at this point in my life and career, if I'm taking a few days off to travel for a truck, it'd need to for a savings of well over $10,000.

Whiskeymike

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 Rebel GT on 8/9. My VIN is 151082. No production date as of yet.

Is there a method for me to monitor it by the VIN or VON?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a 22 Rebel GT on 8/9. My VIN is 151082. No production date as of yet.

Is there a method for me to monitor it by the VIN or VON?
The only way to get any official information on your order is to pester your dealer or Ram Chat. But I can add you to the tracking chart (you'll show up on tomorrow morning's update), and when your truck goes into production we (that is, @triple_B) can provide you a notification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online