5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

SippiRam

Reaction score
Well, if I can get my invoice price, and let's say we get a $1k coupon from a mailer, it's a win for me. Not going crazy with pricing on a custom ordered truck, especially at this time.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
Mark Dodge is quoting 5% under invoice.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark Dodge is quoting 5% under invoice.
Good for you. I rather shop local, plus I don't have to fly/drive anything more than 30 miles. Plus with my tax discount, and email discount, I'm at 3-4% under invoice....and that is out the door pricing.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good for you. I rather shop local, plus I don't have to fly/drive anything more than 30 miles. Plus with my tax discount, and email discount, I'm at 3-4% under invoice....and that is out the door pricing.

What part of the country are you in? I couldn't get anyone to come close to mark dodge in the north east, even with all of the things you mentioned factored in I still ended up saving thousands. By going with mark dodge I got my 21 order for less than leftover 2020s on dealer lots in the north east that had lower msrps. I would have loved to have gone more local than 1500 miles away but our dealers in this part of the country suck with their pricing/bs fees (an extra $2600 in some cases between doc fees and double dipping destination fee), but if I missed a good one in this part of the country I would like to know so I can keep them in mind for my next purchase down the road.

Kingbama

Reaction score
Anyone know how MD handles sales tax?I’m pretty sure you pay the tax rate in whatever state it is going to be registered in yes? I initially thought I was going to save on tax since LA is 2% less than Texas but the more I research it looks like I won’t be avoiding the 6.25% tax rate here in Texas.

MrMcGibblets

Reaction score
Anyone know how MD handles sales tax?I’m pretty sure you pay the tax rate in whatever state it is going to be registered in yes? I initially thought I was going to save on tax since LA is 2% less than Texas but the more I research it looks like I won’t be avoiding the 6.25% tax rate here in Texas.
You pay the tax for the state you register the vehicle not the state you bought it in. I am in the same boat and Sandi at MD gave me the price with TX taxes. Can’t wait to get this truck. Sold my old truck to an online dealer last week. There are two older rebels similar to what I ordered (hydro blue) locally and my wife is tired of me saying “hey, that’s my truck.”

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, you'll have to pay TX tax when you register it

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What part of the country are you in? I couldn't get anyone to come close to mark dodge in the north east, even with all of the things you mentioned factored in I still ended up saving thousands. By going with mark dodge I got my 21 order for less than leftover 2020s on dealer lots in the north east that had lower msrps. I would have loved to have gone more local than 1500 miles away but our dealers in this part of the country suck with their pricing/bs fees (an extra $2600 in some cases between doc fees and double dipping destination fee), but if I missed a good one in this part of the country I would like to know so I can keep them in mind for my next purchase down the road.
I have a good relationship with the dealer that in working with here in New Jersey. I know the sales rep and manager for several years. It's a smaller dealer and i bought roughly 4 cars in 6 years from them. Mostly to trade in and upgrade.

Plus I'm part of a local mopar group that had some say on where to go for a good discount.

Hasti17

Reaction score
In New York sales tax is by County of your primary residence, so i know my county tax rate is 7% (and thats the lowest sales tax rate in NY) and thats what MD will tax me on.

dsbull

Reaction score
I have a good relationship with the dealer that in working with here in New Jersey. I know the sales rep and manager for several years. It's a smaller dealer and i bought roughly 4 cars in 6 years from them. Mostly to trade in and upgrade.

Plus I'm part of a local mopar group that had some say on where to go for a good discount.

Just curious, what dealer in NJ?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Which dealership? NJ is a lot closer than LA for me so I'd like to keep a dealership name on file. I take it they are good about not adding a bunch of fees on the deal (doc/destination or other random fees)?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which dealership? NJ is a lot closer than LA for me so I'd like to keep a dealership name on file. I take it they are good about not adding a bunch of fees on the deal (doc/destination or other random fees)?

Folks I work with is spirit CDJR in Swedesboro, NJ 08085. Just PM me if you want more specifics on who to reach out. It’s a smaller volume dealer, but the pricing is respectable.

As most dealers, you kinda have to work them a little. They are selling trucks over MSRP, but if you come in, with your affiliate info, along with any rebates you see online ( and you can drop my name) they can work something out with you. It won’t be a big 5% discount off of msrp right off the bat, and tell them you comparing, you can get an Ok deal, and you don’t have to fly/ drive really far.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

dsbull

Reaction score
Folks I work with is spirit CDJR in Swedesboro, NJ 08085. Just PM me if you want more specifics on who to reach out. It’s a smaller volume dealer, but the pricing is respectable.

As most dealers, you kinda have to work them a little. They are selling trucks over MSRP, but if you come in, with your affiliate info, along with any rebates you see online ( and you can drop my name) they can work something out with you. It won’t be a big 5% discount off of msrp right off the bat, and tell them you comparing, you can get an Ok deal, and you don’t have to fly/ drive really far.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

From mark dodge I got little over 12% discount without even negotiating. Plus figure around $1200 to ship vehicle from LA to NJ.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

From mark dodge I got little over 12% discount without even negotiating. Plus figure around $1200 to ship vehicle from LA to NJ.

That's kind of what I was wondering too, how big of a dealer discount before doing those other things to get additional off? Cause without any effort at all, just emailing Aaron my build from the website, he started my longhorn build out with about 13.5% off msrp. With doing some of the additional legwork we got it to nearly 16% off with the 0% (I ordered in early March), I just wasn't getting any action like that up here at all. I had my truck shipped up and that was a good amount more expensive than usual due to the trucking shortages and distance from the dealership, but not that much more expensive (proabaly $500-600 higher) in the grand scheme of things.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was wondering too, how big of a dealer discount before doing those other things to get additional off? Cause without any effort at all, just emailing Aaron my build from the website, he started my longhorn build out with about 13.5% off msrp. With doing some of the additional legwork we got it to nearly 16% off with the 0% (I ordered in early March), I just wasn't getting any action like that up here at all. I had my truck shipped up and that was a good amount more expensive than usual due to the trucking shortages and distance from the dealership, but not that much more expensive (proabaly $500-600 higher) in the grand scheme of things.
Only way to get a really massive discount, is to just wait until there is more inventory.

For reference. Same dealer, I was able to negotiate with another truck that was sitting on the lot, I got 20%off msrp easily. Getting that now is not going to happen.

I'm happy with my deal, and I don't have to pay for any traveling, or any extra expenses to transport a truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an update of the chart, based on some weekend additions (@22RebelGT, @RIRview, @Werfs Flammen, @J4G6, @WadeH).

For any of you who missed the request, please provide your full VIN to me (privately via PM, please) if you're comfortable with it. I am sharing the VINs with @triple_B, as he is the rockstar/powerhouse on data mining. He is able to find build sheets and window stickers as they are produced in the Stellantis system.

I made a slight adjustment to the assumption on the start of production (8/25, instead of 8/23).

1629053423801.png

dsbull

Reaction score
Only way to get a really massive discount, is to just wait until there is more inventory.

For reference. Same dealer, I was able to negotiate with another truck that was sitting on the lot, I got 20%off msrp easily. Getting that now is not going to happen.

I'm happy with my deal, and I don't have to pay for any traveling, or any extra expenses to transport a truck.

We are not really talking about trucks on the lot or what we could have gotten years ago. Market is very different right now. And NJ can’t come close to mark dodge.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are not really talking about trucks on the lot or what we could have gotten years ago. Market is very different right now. And NJ can’t come close to mark dodge.
Not comparing to Mark Dodge, nor do I want to. There will always be another dealer that can match or beat another dealer. That was never was my concern or for a different thread....like bobs thread about getting the best msrp.

I

dsbull

Reaction score
Not comparing to Mark Dodge, nor do I want to. There will always be another dealer that can match or beat another dealer. That was never was my concern or for a different thread....like bobs thread about getting the best msrp.

I

touché

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I

That might be my fault as I was wondering how they were in comparison, to potentially save myself next time I'm looking to buy/order. I will keep the name for next time and see if they can compete, I'm used to driving and trading in so this ordering and having the truck shipped was new to me. In the end, I would like to be able to buy closer and have the luxury of driving the truck prior to buying it. However, if it costs $4-5,000 or more to do so, I'll continue to gamble on having one shipped up to me and save the money.

I appreciate you sharing the dealer info, I may have missed it but how are their fees there? Sometimes I see dealers giving good discounts but then getting a good chunk back with dealer fees, so I feel it's important to know that as well.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That might be my fault as I was wondering how they were in comparison, to potentially save myself next time I'm looking to buy/order. I will keep the name for next time and see if they can compete, I'm used to driving and trading in so this ordering and having the truck shipped was new to me. In the end, I would like to be able to buy closer and have the luxury of driving the truck prior to buying it. However, if it costs $4-5,000 or more to do so, I'll continue to gamble on having one shipped up to me and save the money.

I appreciate you sharing the dealer info, I may have missed it but how are their fees there? Sometimes I see dealers giving good discounts but then getting a good chunk back with dealer fees, so I feel it's important to know that as well.
I think the doc fee on mine is $200 but I think they recently went up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online