5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Shawn19

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering a 2022, visiting dealer tomorrow a couple of you guys have Back Country models ordered. Just curious if there are additional color selections, or is Silver over black standard. (Trying to be prepared).

dsbull

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering a 2022, visiting dealer tomorrow a couple of you guys have Back Country models ordered. Just curious if there are additional color selections, or is Silver over black standard. (Trying to be prepared).

First rule. Never go to the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got hydro blue over black.

You should be able to pick most colors.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s available in camouflage, but then it’s branded as the Back Woods package. 😂

deanno33

Reaction score
You can jump on NADA and build one. Most colors are available except black. Heck of a deal with this package IMHO. Can't wait to get mine 👍

RIRview

Reaction score
My dealer told me the 2022 Limited cannot be ordered in Maximum Steel Metallic.

Kingbama

Reaction score
I just chatted with ram chat. No new status for me, but the interesting thing that I got was that they aren't having any shortage of chips that can slow them down from building trucks.

Of course that might mean that any new orders, they might have removed some features.

I think that once they start building 2022, it will be no restrictions and can build them in a normal pace.
I will believe that when I see good incentives again. I am $5k shy of the wife letting me pull the trigger on my new Limited. I keep praying I am going to wake up one day and see the $10k running again. I will be on my way to MD so fast the Louisiana Highway Patrol will clear the roads for me. Ram Truck Month where are youuuuuu?? 😭😭😭

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will believe that when I see good incentives again. I am $5k shy of the wife letting me pull the trigger on my new Limited. I keep praying I am going to wake up one day and see the $10k running again. I will be on my way to MD so fast the Louisiana Highway Patrol will clear the roads for me. Ram Truck Month where are youuuuuu??
Well, if I can get my invoice price, and let's say we get a $1k coupon from a mailer, it's a win for me. Not going crazy with pricing on a custom ordered truck, especially at this time.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Moondogger

Reaction score
Well, if I can get my invoice price, and let's say we get a $1k coupon from a mailer, it's a win for me. Not going crazy with pricing on a custom ordered truck, especially at this time.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratrac

I plan on signing up for the Tread Lightly membership to get 1% below invoice pricing.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on signing up for the Tread Lightly membership to get 1% below invoice pricing.

Just saw this pop up. My membership is good until 1.1.2022, so I’m set with that discount. I can try to push more, but realistically, in this market, I don’t have a lot of leverage.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just saw this pop up. My membership is good until 1.1.2022, so I’m set with that discount. I can try to push more, but realistically, in this market, I don’t have a lot of leverage.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Many of us have around 5% below invoice right now.

EngiNerd

Reaction score
I think I found another source for startup dates.

I don't recall seeing it posed previously ssssoooo....like if anyone is checking the sites daily for updates wants another drug "data point" to occupy them until their trucks arrive, please see the link below.

http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=startup_dates.htm

Yes, the site is geared towards fleet trucks.....
No, we cant tell if their source is the Donler data we've seen before.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think I found another source for startup dates.

I don't recall seeing it posed previously ssssoooo....like if anyone is checking the sites daily for updates wants another drug "data point" to occupy them until their trucks arrive, please see the link below.

http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=startup_dates.htm

Yes, the site is geared towards fleet trucks.....
No, we cant tell if their source is the Donler data we've seen before.
Good find. Their date is one day off from Donlen, so it appears to be independent data. Thanks - every bit of intel we can gather helps!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I think that if there is a positive note from that last 2 post is that it's consistent that production should start next week.

Like most of ya. I was hoping it will start sooner, but at least we aren't seeing delays and those dates not being push back farther.

So hopefully mid to late September we start to see our trucks on the lots to be picked up.

Gives me another month for buying my mods...lol.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I think that if there is a positive note from that last 2 post is that it's consistent that production should start next week.

Like most of ya. I was hoping it will start sooner, but at least we aren't seeing delays and those dates not being push back farther.

So hopefully mid to late September we start to see our trucks on the lots to be picked up.

Gives me another month for buying my mods...lol.

Agreed, all the sources and rumors I can find are honing in on 8/25-8/26.
The thing I’m still confused about is the lack of reported D1 status for anyone. I’ve only found one dealer who says he has three trucks in D1.
All I can think of is that Ram is still trying to figure out what they’re building first, and in what order.
I suspect there will be a few surprises (maybe good, but probably bad) once things start rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread