5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Ldante197

Reaction score
I believe that the technology package got rolled in with ASG. On the Limited models, there is no more Tech Package or ASG, it's all in limited level 1. Since ASG isn't available on the Big Horn it may be they are offering the tech package as a solo option for that trim.

I just spoke with my dealer and he was able to get some information. He said the technology group is currently not orderable for 2022s at the moment due to the chip shortage. Unfortunate but I guess I’ll just have to wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prex01

Reaction score
Nothing new from RAM Chat this morning. Will try again next week.

I just got off chat with the same old response of “waiting on parts”.
I did ask if they could clarify the rumors about production starting possibly next week on the MY22’s and they responded with, “There is no news”.

I just wish they’d be a little more transparent with customers. Continue the waiting game I guess!

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just spoke with my dealer and he was able to get some information. He said the technology group is currently not orderable for 2022s at the moment due to the chip shortage. Unfortunate but I guess I’ll just have to wait.

I'm surprised that wasn't one of the first things they dropped.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised that wasn't one of the first things they dropped.
It kinda depends when you ordered it. I think in the begining, it was available in mid may...then in July, they re-arranged some of the packages, but still available. Now it's just not available at all.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It kinda depends when you ordered it. I think in the begining, it was available in mid may...then in July, they re-arranged some of the packages, but still available. Now it's just not available at all.

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
Yeah, I missed the trailer tire pressure monitoring system from the tow group (now tow group B and whole $100 cheaper without it) by a week. Lame.

But, considering the state of things, and the fact that a good chunk of my "down payment" was my trade in, which would lose value faster than I could make up the difference in money saved over the next couple years, and with dealers paying more for used cars, figured it was still a good time to pull the trigger.

Was going for a Laramie initially but can only get the blind spot monitor (which is a big deal for me personally) on the Limiteds. If they try and drop that on me I won't take delivery.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I missed the trailer tire pressure monitoring system from the tow group (now tow group B and whole $100 cheaper without it) by a week. Lame.

But, considering the state of things, and the fact that a good chunk of my "down payment" was my trade in, which would lose value faster than I could make up the difference in money saved over the next couple years, and with dealers paying more for used cars, figured it was still a good time to pull the trigger.

Was going for a Laramie initially but can only get the blind spot monitor (which is a big deal for me personally) on the Limiteds. If they try and drop that on me I won't take delivery.
True. You can just wait to see what happens. Once you get it, you can decide if you want the truck or not. Could also find out if they can add it after delivery...if possible.

deanno33

Reaction score
I was in the same boat but went the other way to a Bighorn so I could add blind spot. When I looked last week my order had not changed. Hopefully it remains.

I hate being truckless and the wait for production to start but I'm still pretty satisfied based on the trade they gave me. When I traded 6 weeks ago, trade value on my Laramie was something like 52-55k. They gave me 52k. Today, its 44-47k. That's a huge drop....but honestly alot more accurate to the real value.

Attachments

• 1629744750928.png
    1629744750928.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 27

BladeK

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the buld sheet website acting funny. It's not showing the same as always. No data for this vin is what it used to say. Now is saying unable to reach required info.

dsbull

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the buld sheet website acting funny. It's not showing the same as always. No data for this vin is what it used to say. Now is saying unable to reach required info.

Still getting

No records found corresponding to the VIN provided

Hasti17

Reaction score
On a related note, toyota is cutting production of other vehicles in the US to free up the chips to build the new tundras at full speed with no effect to available options, wish stellantis would take the hint and do the same🙄

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was getting the same "Fetching" message yesterday. It's back to the normal "No records found" message today.

Prex01

Reaction score

I’m getting the same as you
1ace33123cee397a757dca590100805d.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On a related note, toyota is cutting production of other vehicles in the US to free up the chips to build the new tundras at full speed with no effect to available options, wish stellantis would take the hint and do the same🙄
Why do you wish that FCA would put all their chips towards building Tundras? :D

BladeK

Reaction score
This one says no records found. Which is funny because that’s what the other link said prior to today.

That's what mine has always said until yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread