5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Orders

Hasti17

Reaction score
Why do you wish that FCA would put all their chips towards building Tundras? :D
Hey, all im saying is ALL their trucks will have BSM, and based on the market toyota has the right idea. I dont need it, but i find it weird that laramies somehow got the middle child treatment and they unilaterally decided that for trucks in the 50-69k range nobody would miss all the technophile safety stuff, but for a while they were available on every trim but laramies and tradesman's. I think im being objective and in no way biased here when i say that my truck deserves all the cool features before kristen down the street in her lifted wrangler thats never seen a puddle 🤷 so stellantis should go the extra mile because my truck is very important 🤣

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, all im saying is ALL their trucks will have BSM, and based on the market toyota has the right idea. I dont need it, but i find it weird that laramies somehow got the middle child treatment and they unilaterally decided that for trucks in the 50-69k range nobody would miss all the technophile safety stuff, but for a while they were available on every trim but laramies and tradesman's. I think im being objective and in no way biased here when i say that my truck deserves all the cool features before kristen down the street in her lifted wrangler thats never seen a puddle 🤷 so stellantis should go the extra mile because my truck is very important 🤣
I concur with this assessment.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in the same boat but went the other way to a Bighorn so I could add blind spot. When I looked last week my order had not changed. Hopefully it remains.

I hate being truckless and the wait for production to start but I'm still pretty satisfied based on the trade they gave me. When I traded 6 weeks ago, trade value on my Laramie was something like 52-55k. They gave me 52k. Today, its 44-47k. That's a huge drop....but honestly alot more accurate to the real value.
Good for you getting it in while it was still that high. Anything else besides that BSM that made you want to go from a Laramie to a Bighorn? Probably get higher payload right?

deanno33

Reaction score
Anything else besides that BSM that made you want to go from a Laramie to a Bighorn?
I'm likely on my own with this opinion, but I am not a fan of how the factory wheels sit inside of the trim levels with fender flairs. I actually prefer the look of the bighorn fenders and the way factory wheels seem to sit flush. Rebel and TRX are a different story as they obviously have offset and black flairs....look awesome. But, the body color flairs and wheels/tires that look recessed, not for me. Again, I know I'm probably alone on that one!

I really won't miss anything from my Laramie. Cooled seat...I never used them on the lLaramie or the last three Lariats I owned prior. Well, the memory seats I will miss, but oh well.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good for you getting it in while it was still that high. Anything else besides that BSM that made you want to go from a Laramie to a Bighorn? Probably get higher payload right?
I'm "downgrading" from a 2020 laramie to the bighorn as well. For me the off road package was important down the road, and to be honest, on this truck, I wanted less electronics. It did come with the vented seats and my butt did feel pretty good, especially on longer trips, but I can do without it. I will miss the BSM, because I also have it on my charger, but its, just need to look more towards the back and adjust my mirrors

I got some extra goodies like rambox and pano roof that I didn't have in my 2020 laramie. I'm paying a high price for it, but if I did the same specs in a laramie or rebel, it would cost me more on those higher trims.

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
For me, it was BSM and adaptive cruise that made me bump up to the Limited from the Laramie.
I built a Big Horn and added all the options I wanted including tech and asg. Mark couldn't order it, restricted ordering. Bumped up to the Limited Longhorn to get all the options I wanted plus the tech/asg. I'm thinking I made a good decision. Someone on this forum mentioned that I might have been able to configure a full Limited at a lesser price. Not sure but I remember that message. Couldn't change order. But I'm thrilled with what I ordered and Mark's discount. Hope my order doesn't change!!

HozayM

Reaction score
@Eighty for what it’s worth, Donlen updated their site today and kept the 1500 DT production start date as 8/25. Looks like they pushed out the classic start date to 9/9.

Might just be another data point since I’m not sure they have anymore inside info than folks in this thread would have.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty for what it’s worth, Donlen updated their site today and kept the 1500 DT production start date as 8/25. Looks like they pushed out the classic start date to 9/9.

Might just be another data point since I’m not sure they have anymore inside info than folks in this thread would have.
I just checked (thanks for the info). Looks like they pushed out the DS order date to 9/9, but production to 11/8. Which is weird, given that there a few users who are already taking delivery of 2022 DS quad cabs right now. With insanely low durations from order to build. I’m still sticking with the theory (well, hypothesis) that this is for fleet orders.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the technology package and maximum steel metallic being discontinued I'm starting to think my 10th Anniversary is a unicorn. I'd like to start the bidding @75K.

I'll give you tree fiddy?

2022 Ram 1500 Big horn Back country (D status)

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm likely on my own with this opinion, but I am not a fan of how the factory wheels sit inside of the trim levels with fender flairs. I actually prefer the look of the bighorn fenders and the way factory wheels seem to sit flush. Rebel and TRX are a different story as they obviously have offset and black flairs....look awesome. But, the body color flairs and wheels/tires that look recessed, not for me. Again, I know I'm probably alone on that one!

I really won't miss anything from my Laramie. Cooled seat...I never used them on the lLaramie or the last three Lariats I owned prior. Well, the memory seats I will miss, but oh well.
I hear that. I personally wasn't overly thrilled with the look of the base Laramie. Sport or Night spruced it up but there was still something off about it. I'd have to say it and the Tradesman are my two least favorite as far as looks go (though of course who cares what a Tradesman looks like, if you're getting one of those you probably plan to beat the **** out of it lol).

I like the look of the Limited and Rebels the most, but it just didn't make sense for me to try and spruce up (with options) a truck geared toward off-roading that I will hardly (if ever) be doing, and then have crap payload cap too. And the spec'ed up Laramie was putting me really close to a Limited with the stuff I really wanted anyway (like within $3k!).

That being said, it's surprising how well you can do by loading up a lower trim instead of trying to go base with a higher one.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I've been seeing 8/25 for a while as well. Only got a couple more days to find out if that's real.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been seeing 8/25 for a while as well. Only got a couple more days to find out if that's real.
Ain’t real. No way it is. Nobody is in D1, except for, like, three orders that I’ve heard of.
The most credible info I’ve seen lately says 9/1, and that is 3-week old information. I’m betting on a slow start, likely not seeing many (or any) build sheets until after Labor Day.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ain’t real. No way it is. Nobody is in D1, except for, like, three orders that I’ve heard of.
The most credible info I’ve seen lately says 9/1, and that is 3-week old information. I’m betting on a slow start, likely not seeing many (or any) build sheets until after Labor Day.
Yeah, that's more realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread