5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Limited Stop/Start Not working

n7qpp

Reaction score
I wish this system was more transparent however it is not. I have no visibility into the case hence I am only repeating what the service advisor stated.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
UPDATE

Took the truck into the dealer on Friday. Service verified that indeed the Stop/Start is not functioning. They also verified there are no current or stored error code. Dealer performed several test but nothing was found. Dealer opened a STAR case. There were at least one or two conversations between dealer and STAR. Dealer was waiting for a call back from STAR but apparently STAR goes home at 4pm.

SO dealer gave me my truck back and said they will continue with STAR on Monday.

@RamCares maybe you could add some fire to STAR my VIN is: 1C6SRFHT7NN209527. Dealer is Don Jackson North in Cumming, GA.
Hey @n7qpp

Thank you for tagging us in this! We'd love to get you some help! We just need to collect a little more information from you first. Can you please send us a direct message?

Callie
Ram Cares

n7qpp

Reaction score
Update 11-24-2002
@RamCares

So had appointment on 11-23 to have the new parts installed. Arrived 8:15 dealer had no rentals available so went to plan B. Received no updates from the dealer finally called them at 3pm they stated should be ready at 5pm. Arrived at 5pm truck was ready however the Stop/start battery needs to charge up they said give it 100 miles.

So the story continues......

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey there,

We are grateful you were able to pick up you truck yesterday! If there continues to be an issue with it, please reach out to us via direct messaging as we would love to continue to help you.

Callie
Ram Cares

n7qpp

Reaction score
Update 11-27 @RamCares

All,

So i have put 148 miles on the truck since the PPU was replaced and NO JOY. Stop/Start is still saying not ready :(. Dealer stated should take about 100 miles to charge up.

Another trip back - I really love burning vacation days on a truck witk only 4K miles on it.........

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If anyone is following - is this the same message I'm seeing that says "S/S not available, Service S/S"? Is this different than "not ready"?

tyresmoker

Reaction score
Does the Ram have the same system as the auto stop/start in the JLU? If so, there is a supplemental battery for the auto stop/start. When it goes dead, it disables the auto stop/start..And begins to drain the main battery because they are wired in series.... Common issue in the JLU. Dealer replaced both batteries about 6 months ago.

Jmac509

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue. I'm debating on ordering a 2023 long horn but I'm not excited about the Etorque. Depending on how your issue is resolved might sway my decision to go with Ram or a different brand.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the Ram have the same system as the auto stop/start in the JLU? If so, there is a supplemental battery for the auto stop/start. When it goes dead, it disables the auto stop/start..And begins to drain the main battery because they are wired in series.... Common issue in the JLU. Dealer replaced both batteries about 6 months ago.
your system is different that what is in the Ram

n7qpp

Reaction score
So dealer visit number 3 is scheduled for Friday 12/2. Unless of course the system miraculously starts working :oops:

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue. I'm debating on ordering a 2023 long horn but I'm not excited about the Etorque. Depending on how your issue is resolved might sway my decision to go with Ram or a different brand.
I have a 2022 Ram with Etorque, no issues if that helps you

n7qpp

Reaction score
@RamCares

UPDATE 12-02
So dropped my truck off today at 0830. Just got a call from the dealer 1345 that STAR wants to replace the motor-generator unit. Parts has been ordered. Going to go pickup the truck and they will let me know when the part will arrive. I assume it will take a long time......

HemiDude

Reaction score
@RamCares

UPDATE 12-02
So dropped my truck off today at 0830. Just got a call from the dealer 1345 that STAR wants to replace the motor-generator unit. Parts has been ordered. Going to go pickup the truck and they will let me know when the part will arrive. I assume it will take a long time......
Fingers crossed, man, hope they get the part in for you soon

n7qpp

Reaction score
12-13 Update

Was told by RAM support the part is currently scheduled to arrive on the 19th.

n7qpp

Reaction score
12-21 UPDATE

Well part ETA was 12-19. Yes you guessed it no part, "problem with the shipper". So now we wait.

Joe

n7qpp

Reaction score
12-28 UPDATE

Well today a Christmas miracle occurred - the stop/start function has started to work. I have no idea why it is now functioning. No work was done on the truck. The only thing i did was go on a trip from Atlanta to Cary NC and back for the holiday. The truck is always parked outside maybe the cold had an effect?

We'll see when the weather warms up.

BTW the status of the replacement MG has moved to "we have no idea" when it will arrive.

Joe

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12-28 UPDATE

Well today a Christmas miracle occurred - the stop/start function has started to work. I have no idea why it is now functioning. No work was done on the truck. The only thing i did was go on a trip from Atlanta to Cary NC and back for the holiday. The truck is always parked outside maybe the cold had an effect?

We'll see when the weather warms up.

BTW the status of the replacement MG has moved to "we have no idea" when it will arrive.

Joe
That is great, the MGU is on backorder currently.

Catalin

Reaction score
Hello good people!
I just got my 1st RAM 1500 last week….I’m (pretty) happy with my truck….got this little problem also….my Stop/Start thing is “not ready”…..so my question is:Does this affect my truck in other matter than gas mileage(supposedly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello, @Catalin!

We appreciate you making us aware of your concerns. First, congratulations on your new vehicle! We're here to help alongside your dealership if desired. Feel free to send us a private message with your model year and VIN anytime for us to review. Thank you!

Hannah
Ram Cares

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello good people!
I just got my 1st RAM 1500 last week….I’m (pretty) happy with my truck….got this little problem also….my Stop/Start thing is “not ready”…..so my question is:Does this affect my truck in other matter than gas mileage(supposedly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you can drive it normally.

Users who are viewing this thread