5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Limited Stop/Start Not working

n7qpp

Reaction score
As the title states the Stop/Start does not activate. There are no codes or lights. Info screen says not ready even with the HVAC system off. Any suggestions?

n7qpp

Reaction score
Want to add I purchased the truck with 2K miles on it and now have 3200 miles

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's possible the previous owner installed an autostop eliminator. Does the button near the shift knob do anything? Are you sure your truck has stop/start? If it's not an etorque Hemi or V6 it won't have it.

Also, it's helpful to post your truck's details when asking for help with an issue. Most of us just put that information in our signatures. That way you don't have to remember to post those details every time you ask for help.

n7qpp

Reaction score
As requested my signature has been update with truck info. I checked for an autostop eliminator but did not find one. The disable button does light up if you push the button.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Possible reasons the engine does not autostop are listed below. Granted, that all goes out the window if you never see the STOP/START READY message. You should see that message at every engine start, once the vehicle speed is greater than 2 mph. If you aren't seeing that message, you will never get an autostop. At that point it would be best to take it in and have it looked at. I'm assuming it's still under warranty, unless you have excessive mileage on the truck.

* Driver’s seat belt is not buckled
* Driver’s door is not closed
* The vehicle is on a steep grade
* Cabin heating or cooling is in process and an
acceptable cabin temperature has not been
achieved
* HVAC is set to full defrost mode at a high blower
speed
* Engine has not reached normal operating
temperature
* Engine temperature is too high
* The battery is charging
* The transmission is not in DRIVE
* Hood is open
* Transfer case is in 4WD LOW
* TOW/HAUL mode is selected
* Accelerator pedal input
* Excessive 12 Volt loads

n7qpp

Reaction score
UPDATE

Took the truck into the dealer on Friday. Service verified that indeed the Stop/Start is not functioning. They also verified there are no current or stored error code. Dealer performed several test but nothing was found. Dealer opened a STAR case. There were at least one or two conversations between dealer and STAR. Dealer was waiting for a call back from STAR but apparently STAR goes home at 4pm.

SO dealer gave me my truck back and said they will continue with STAR on Monday.

@RamCares maybe you could add some fire to STAR my VIN is: 1C6SRFHT7NN209527. Dealer is Don Jackson North in Cumming, GA.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
To add to the list provided by @mikeru82, there's an additional wire connector at the the negative battery terminal.
When I first got the Ram, I was studying things under the hood and I didn't understand why Ram would run a separate wire all the way to the battery, so I disconnected it to see what was affected and if I recall, that wire, disconnected, displayed an error on the cluster and disabled Stop/Start and Air Suspension(I think).
You might give that connection a look to see if it is still sound.

Steve

Last edited:

n7qpp

Reaction score
UPDATE.

Wait for it - no call from the dealer today. No one answers the phone and VMs are no being returned. :(

n7qpp

Reaction score
Update Tuesday 11-1

Dealer called and stated they are waiting on a call from STAR. But, but they were supposed to get a call on Monday.

Maybe my expectations are just too high! Called RAM Care nothing. I would think a subsystem that is verified nonfunctional but has no errors would get some attention.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update Tuesday 11-1

Dealer called and stated they are waiting on a call from STAR. But, but they were supposed to get a call on Monday.

Maybe my expectations are just too high! Called RAM Care nothing. I would think a subsystem that is verified nonfunctional but has no errors would get some attention.

Having the pleasure to work with STAR.... they will be waiting a long time. The process they use is awful, its a long wait at times(wait days sometimes for response).

Stop start is actually very easy to diag if you know what data to look at.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Having the pleasure to work with STAR.... they will be waiting a long time. The process they use is awful, its a long wait at times(wait days sometimes for response).

Stop start is actually very easy to diag if you know what data to look at.
Maybe you could call my dealer and give them some pointers - they seem to be a little lost. :)

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Mopar Vehicle Protection
Reaction score
Very interested in knowing whats going on here. I am currently driving a Ram 1500 with eTorque and the stop/start. I would love to know how to have this off with no lights on. With my experience with STAR, you will need to contact the dealer several times to get any type of answer.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Update Wednesday 11-02

Dealer called, STAR is replacing the PPU. Parts have been ordered eta 11-19.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With my experience with STAR, you will need to contact the dealer several times to get any type of answer.
You have actually dealt with STAR? The customer has no input on when they respond. If the agent is off for a couple of days, you will get no response. This is 100% on the dealer and how that create a STAR case. If they click "will call" or "will wait" response tab makes a huge difference. If you have a "will call" case you can call at anytime, you may end up with a new agent. You can't call if you have a "will wait" case. It is a joke of a system, and very frustrating. I personally always call in my case, I am talking to an agent within 2 minutes.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
STAR is replacing the PPU.
STAR isn't replacing anything, they are advising. They are only as good as the info they are given. If the tech is an idiot.... you will get **** results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online