5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 steering wheel making a clicking noise

Heathmartin02

Reaction score
Hey there,

We're terribly sorry to hear about your steering wheel column. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please send us a direct message.

Callie
Ram Cares
I’ve got this same issue. I just went to my local dealer and they weren’t interested in helping. All they would tell me is how much it’ll cost me to start the diagnosis.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got this same issue. I just went to my local dealer and they weren’t interested in helping. All they would tell me is how much it’ll cost me to start the diagnosis.
Hey there,

We rely on our dealership network to assist us with diagnosis and repair. We kindly recommend working with them for your diagnosis. Once you've got an appointment in place, we can step in and assign you a case manager. Please send us a direct message if you're interested in further assistance.

Callie
Ram Cares

RAMRAM444

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2500. Less than 6000 miles on it and started a week after purchase. Been to different dealers, had the steering column replaced, clock spring replaced, and another part to with the shaft replaced. Noise keeps coming back. Now the dealer has sent a video to Chrysler engineering to see if they can diagnose it. It's been a terrible experience with my first (possibly last) RAM.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2500. Less than 6000 miles on it and started a week after purchase. Been to different dealers, had the steering column replaced, clock spring replaced, and another part to with the shaft replaced. Noise keeps coming back. Now the dealer has sent a video to Chrysler engineering to see if they can diagnose it. It's been a terrible experience with my first (possibly last) RAM.
Hey there,

We received your direct message and look forward to assisting you in this repair.

Callie
Ram Cares

Grenadiers

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ramm 1500 classic (92,500k on odo) and the clicking in the steering wheel, like others, started as a random click over a month ago. Has progressed to many and louder clicks that happen more when I'm driving, then say while parked, but still there. Have an appointment set for next week. Of an interesting note, my Service advisor seemed "matter of fact" about what it could/would be (clock spring I believe he said).

My warranty is less than 8k away from "turning into a pumpkin". This is also 1of MANY warranty issues I've experienced since I bought her new in 2020. The biggest warranty issue (and headache) was my 8 speed transmission. After first replacing the Valve Body (didn't help), the whole transmission had to be replaced (THAT took almost 4 to 5 weeks due to no stock on the transmission!!).

What am I going to be facing when my odometer turns 100,000k?!? Has me thinking that I should look at extending my warranty NOW, BEFORE I start having very expensive repair bills!!!

Last edited:

jmmontes2

Reaction score
Got my steering column replaced yesterday at a different dealer than I was working with before and so far all the noise is gone, hopefully never to return.
Was it covered under warranty or did you have to pay?

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It will be covered under your 3/60 or an extended factory warranty. Had one steering column done and it’s starting again - so back in we go. Lucky I bought the 7/160 bumper to bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread