5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Rebel With a Bad Transmission!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate it man, it does suck. I was told from the dealer that the next steps are to see what engineering wants them to do. They may say swap only the valve body and not the transmission, or vice versa. I want the whole thing changed out, just on the fact that there's debris in my tranny oil that has been confirmed by a Chrysler mechanic and it's in the notes. To me it's a no brainer, you change the whole thing. It sucks when there's another dept that truly makes the final decision on the trucks fate, and you can't communicate with them in the engineering dept. It sucks, but I'll surely be fighting for a full swap. Thanks for the reply, man. It's appreciated.
the fact that they told you to keep driving it, in my opinion warrants a new unit
make sure you keep reminding them of this fact
and get ramcares involved as this will affect any surveys ram/fca sends you.

milks669

Reaction score
the fact that they told you to keep driving it, in my opinion warrants a new unit
make sure you keep reminding them of this fact
and get ramcares involved as this will affect any surveys ram/fca sends you.
Okay, thank you so much for your advice. I respect that and it's truly appreciated. I don't know what ram cares is, but I'll look into that. Thanks so much. Honestly. I will be on them as soon as the week starts. I will keep you guys posted on what happens. Just sucks, I shouldn't have to be dealing with this, but I understand it's mechanical, and things break no matter how new a vehicle may be.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Okay, thank you so much for your advice. I respect that and it's truly appreciated. I don't know what ram cares is, but I'll look into that. Thanks so much. Honestly. I will be on them as soon as the week starts. I will keep you guys posted on what happens. Just sucks, I shouldn't have to be dealing with this, but I understand it's mechanical, and things break no matter how new a vehicle may be.
ramcares is an online help service
I will tag them for you
@RamCares
just click the above and send them a message

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Take it easy man. I didn't say I'd get a new truck out of it, so I'm not sure why you're going off about it. I mentioned it at first knowing the entire time that it would never happen. Was just mentioned man. Relax. I understand it happens. It's mechanical. All mechanical parts will break, I understand that.

Read your original post. WE'RE not sure why YOU'RE going off, lol.

They are not going to rebuild the trans. The labor price involved would cost more than parts+ labor to swap.

It's not that big of a job, and isn't something worth worrying about. Warranties exist for a reason. Mechanical things fail for a variety of reasons. You got the 1 in 1000 that were bad. Bummer.

I used to have the attitude of "I spent $XXXX, I shouldn't be dealing with this", but soon realized that's unrealistic and sort of narcissistic.

milks669

Reaction score

They are not going to rebuild the trans. The labor price involved would cost more than parts+ labor to swap.

It's not that big of a job, and isn't something worth worrying about. Warranties exist for a reason. Mechanical things fail for a variety of reasons. You got the 1 in 1000 that were bad. Bummer.

I used to have the attitude of "I spent $XXXX, I shouldn't be dealing with this", but soon realized that's unrealistic and sort of narcissistic.
Ahhh, so what you're saying is I need to grow up? You're the only one out of how many guys here replying to my problem, and instead of giving me some sort of advice, you'd rather talk about my faults. Luckily, we aren't all perfect like you buddy. Unreal man. Just because you used to be this way, doesn't mean I'm not aloud. I'm me, and you're you. Let it be man. I said I want a new truck, but I know I'm not getting one. Anyway. All the best to you, I got to deal with this problem I have with my Ram, thanks for the advice.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You don’t think a new truck couldn’t have the same issue?

Only time you usually get a new truck is if it’s close to being lemon lawed, or electrical gremlins so deep into the truck the dealer can’t fix it.

Internal power train issues are pretty straight forward in and out.

You may be able to get a 100k mile warranty out of the issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

milks669

Reaction score

I used to have the attitude of "I spent $XXXX, I shouldn't be dealing with this", but soon realized that's unrealistic and sort of narcissistic

I also understand they're not going to rebuild the tranny; I want it fully changed. Geez man, you got me going. All I mentioned was I wanted a new truck, and I've also mentioned every single time, minus maybe one reply that I know I'll never get one, and not once have I ever even remotely mentioned to the dealer that I wanted a new truck. When I say I don't believe they don't rebuild trannies is I find it hard to believe they take the whole thing and chuck it out. Surely, they must open it up and keep what's good, and investigate the problem. Maybe I'm wrong. But that's just a feeling I have. Why laugh at that? I don't get it. I mean I appreciate that you tried to explain that you used to be this way, but in no way am I acting narcissist. I'm sorry you feel this way. I hope you never have to result to a forum over a big issue with a brand-new truck you purchased. I believe we all come here to talk about our trucks, and possibly get advice on things. To you a tranny isn't a big deal, to me, it's what drives the car. That's kind of a big thing. Anyway, please don't make me regret coming here to look for advice. Some guys actual gave me some kind words and advice, except you. Thanks for all that.

milks669

Reaction score
You don’t think a new truck couldn’t have the same issue?

Only time you usually get a new truck is if it’s close to being lemon lawed, or electrical gremlins so deep into the truck the dealer can’t fix it.

Internal power train issues are pretty straight forward in and out.

You may be able to get a 100k mile warranty out of the issue though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I won't get a new truck out of it. Too be honest, I wish I never mentioned it because not once have I ever hit Chrysler up for a new truck, let alone mentioned anything to the dealer about that topic. Some people I believe are taking me literally when I said that. Anyway.....

I appreciate your advice, and yes, I may ask them for that kind of warranty on the new Tranny.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ramcares is an online help service
I will tag them for you
@RamCares
just click the above and send them a message
Thank you so much for tagging us! It's the best way to alert us of on-going issues!

Yes, please send us a direct message so that we can dig into this with you. We'd love to hear more about what you've experienced.

Callie
Ram Cares

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
"result (eh, you mean resort..?) to a forum for a big issue"

Looking forward to seeing what this thread actually accomplishes for ya. Wish I could get a new truck every time I had to get warranty work done, too. Also wish I had more hair and a hotter wife.

milks669

Reaction score
"result (eh, you mean resort..?) to a forum for a big issue"

Looking forward to seeing what this thread actually accomplishes for ya. Wish I could get a new truck every time I had to get warranty work done, too. Also wish I had more hair and a hotter wife.
lol, unfortunately I don't have your problem, but then again, I'm not in my 50's with a beer gut like most here. This thread has accomplished absolutely f all, too be quite honest. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any of you. Maybe then, you'd know what it feels like. Yes, warranty will fix it, but would you care if it was your truck with a busted transmission 20k in?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"I'm not in my 50's with a beer gut like most here" How do you know how we look?
This is so uncalled for! What are you 20 and put life savings in your truck and now crying. Grow up man.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
lol, unfortunately I don't have your problem, but then again, I'm not in my 50's with a beer gut like most here. This thread has accomplished absolutely f all, too be quite honest. Hopefully this doesn't happen to any of you. Maybe then, you'd know what it feels like. Yes, warranty will fix it, but would you care if it was your truck with a busted transmission 20k in?

Point being, you are a cry baby, and "most here" have done exactly what they should do.. laugh at your reaction to a little adversity.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Keep taking it back until it is fixed and behaving normally. After repeated attempts you get to sue them in canada. I would recommend against using the camvap as it is not appealable.

Users who are viewing this thread