5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allant222

Reaction score
Get ahold of Ram Chat and see what stage your truck is in. Seems Ram trucks to Canada have been taking longer to get.
I got a hold of ram chat
Being Canadian, they would not help
They gave me a phone number to call
I called and they directed me to the dealer I am dealing with
Frustrating!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got a hold of ram chat
Being Canadian, they would not help
They gave me a phone number to call
I called and they directed me to the dealer I am dealing with
Frustrating!

Sorry I didn't know you were in Canada. Ya they have to do things differently up there. Talking with the dealer is going to be your best bet.

Allant222

Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic night edition in mid January
I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada
I was told it would take about 12-13 weeks
I purchased based on this info
I was told it was to be shipped on Mar 29 (got my VIN as well)
Was then told it was delayed until Apr 20
I have been communicating with the dealer I bought from.
I was told by the dealer, that they thought it would be delayed again (chip shortage??) but they have not yet confirmed this with me yet
I tried Ram Chat but since I live in Canada, they sited Canadian privacy laws and could not help, they gave me a phone number to call... and the person at this number then re-directed me to the dealer
Getting an answer would be satisfying... getting my truck would be better!!

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic night edition in mid January
I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada
I was told it would take about 12-13 weeks
I purchased based on this info
I was told it was to be shipped on Mar 29 (got my VIN as well)
Was then told it was delayed until Apr 20
I have been communicating with the dealer I bought from.
I was told by the dealer, that they thought it would be delayed again (chip shortage??) but they have not yet confirmed this with me yet
I tried Ram Chat but since I live in Canada, they sited Canadian privacy laws and could not help, they gave me a phone number to call... and the person at this number then re-directed me to the dealer
Getting an answer would be satisfying... getting my truck would be better!!
I'm in the same boat, but today got frustrated and just kept trying Ram Chat. First two agents gave me the usual , "Canadian customers must contract FCA Canada phone number" third one gave me my vin and status. Just keep trying and when asked for info just provide mailing address without city, province and postal code. seems to work for some.

Allant222

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't know you were in Canada. Ya they have to do things differently up there. Talking with the dealer is going to be your best bet.
No worries... hope all is well with you and your family

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I was told my new ram rebel was hitting the assembly line. Asked today if they had an eta on the truck and said they were still in scheduling stage. Fn crazy that three days ago all parts had arrived. I’m hoping I just got a miserable ram chat agent who wants to spread her misery

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday I was told my new ram rebel was hitting the assembly line. Asked today if they had an eta on the truck and said they were still in scheduling stage. Fn crazy that three days ago all parts had arrived. I’m hoping I just got a miserable ram chat agent who wants to spread her misery

I'll switch places with you whenever you want. I'm guessing you would probably be cancelling your order about now if you were in my situation?

Ordered 3.6, been gathering parts ever since.

BadgerDanimal

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, any updates on the orders, I am waiting for my truck as well original order was issued January 4th . Deller informed me that they got a vin number on April 13 and ever since then crickets.

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
I am about 3-5 days from taking delivery as long as the finances work out. Excited to finally get my Rebel! Hoping to fill out credit app today or tomorrow and get all that finance junk out of the way so I can just take delivery once it arrives to the dealer. Shipped 4/26 and arrived in Columbia, SC yesterday and should be loaded on the truck to me on the coast. Dealer says it takes 2-3 days (not sure how weekends affect that)

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, any updates on the orders, I am waiting for my truck as well original order was issued January 4th . Deller informed me that they got a vin number on April 13 and ever since then crickets.
Wow. Why such a delay? I ordered on 4/27 and had a VIN two days later. Are you in Canada like some of the others who've experienced slow progress?

BadgerDanimal

Reaction score
Wow. Why such a delay? I ordered on 4/27 and had a VIN two days later. Are you in Canada like some of the others who've experienced slow progress?
Yup , Canada Ontario . Im starting to think they are cherry-picking the builds they are going to make more on.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vin is usually pretty fast. I got my vin by the Monday after I ordered on a Thursday but have not had any progress since than. I’m in D I ordered on 4/8 in nyc.

Divemedic

Reaction score
Ordered my 2021 loaded Rebel feb 24 from Ontario Canada. Still stuck in D status hoping by September 🤣. Sucks to wait. Only 2 hours drive from the factory. So close but so far 😩 and I’m not getting all the upgrades I wanted due to the chipset shortage which I hoped would speed it up.

CdnSport21

Reaction score
I ordered my Sport on March 30th, was excited to get my VIN this past Tuesday.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Ordered 3/10
BX 3/16
D 3/25
VIN 4/23
D1 April 29

This makes 69 days since order and 19 days in D1 and counting.

Edit: Confirmed truck was built this afternoon awaiting quality checks, no dealer ETA yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Matthall

Reaction score
Hey all, been watching this forum for a few weeks since I ordered my Sport from the dealer at the end of March. I live in southwestern Ontario and was worried about all the delays everyone has been talking about. I got my VIN in the first week of April and found out a couple days ago that my truck is now in D1 with an estimated ship date to the dealer of June 11. I should have possession by the last week of June. Was glad to hear the Canadian orders are making some progress

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but the dealers see this ship date and it turns out to be the build date

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a ship date of 5/26 and that’s when my truck completed its build. I am in shipping status with no dealer eta right now

Users who are viewing this thread