5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricard0666

Reaction score
Hey guys I ordered a 2021 ram on December 14th 2020, it’s now March 15th 2021 and still nothing, I have a vin that was given to me about 7 weeks ago, dealer said 8-12 weeks it’s now been 14 weeks and no update!
I ordered it in ontario Canada about 30 from my house, has anyone on here ordered a truck around the same time? Also what was the actual delivery date if you even have it yet,
The dealer isn’t telling me anymore than we have no delivery date yet!
starting to get annoying
Thanks

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get ahold of Ram Chat and see what stage your truck is in. Seems Ram trucks to Canada have been taking longer to get.

Fauji Rebel

Reaction score
Hey guys I ordered a 2021 ram on December 14th 2020, it’s now March 15th 2021 and still nothing, I have a vin that was given to me about 7 weeks ago, dealer said 8-12 weeks it’s now been 14 weeks and no update!
I ordered it in ontario Canada about 30 from my house, has anyone on here ordered a truck around the same time? Also what was the actual delivery date if you even have it yet,
starting to get annoying
Thanks
Same situation as yours ordered mine mid dec 2020 in British Columbia canada at that time was told should be here end march . Was given a vin January sometime as well.
I was told it is still in build status and has not shipped as of last week.
So waiting in limbo as well.

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
When you ordered, did your truck come with the blind spot warning option? A lot of vehicles have been delayed getting built due to a global semi-conductor chip shortage. That might be what your problem is.

Fauji Rebel

Reaction score
When you ordered, did your truck come with the blind spot warning option? A lot of vehicles have been delayed getting built due to a global semi-conductor chip shortage. That might be what your problem is.
I asked the dealership that same question and their response was no that my vehicle was not affected by that as production had started before the shortages

luckydog125

Reaction score
Not sure if this is "Canada Related", but I ordered my truck in late January (2021 Limited with Night Edition, 5.7L V8) and was told by the dealership that it left the plant today! I am in the U.S.

Mcnoche

Reaction score
starting to get annoying
Thanks
I ordered mine on December 22, 2020, got an email from FCA in January, that truck would be delivered Mid Feb. I thought, great , right on schedule. Beginning of February, got another email saying the last email was wrong, my truck would be delivered third week of APRIL. I was pissed, and called Selantis, or whatever they’re called now. They were very understanding, and helpful. Gave me a case #, and told me I would be hearing from an executive.Next day email saying they were expediting the build, they had all the parts etc. It was built, but delivery to dealer has taken 3 weeks so far. Apparently it just got off the rail at, and needs to be put on a truck for delivery to dealer. That will probably take a couple of weeks. Dealer said I should have it by next weekend.

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.

Onetwothreefour

Reaction score
Ordered 2/15/21 and hit "D" status with a VIN 2 days later. It is now about 6 weeks out and still in "D" status [The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build.]
The past few weeks I have balanced 2 checks a week by doing RAM chat online and then texting my dealership's GM of Sales that helped me order. Today with my chat, the RAM rep stated they would submit an escalation of my build and I should get an email in 1-2 days with the case's update. (takes about 45 days of the same status before they can escalate it). I was worried it may be delayed because of the industry's chip shortage and FIA/Stellantis shutting down plants, but the news media is stating only 1500 Classics are affected at this time.
My biggest worry is that because my configuration was hard to order (I went through 5 different dealers and they couldn't order from their systems even though I could configure online myself) and then 1 magic day one of the dealers was able to put the order through. I've been told that if it was accepted and got to "D" status that the build was definitely going to happen. I have my doubts still since it was a process to even get it ordered.
Hi RebelD&T, how were you able to contact Stellantis? I went on their web site and could not see anything other than investor relations and media relations contacts.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Ordered 3/10 in D status for the last 3 weeks now. Dealer said based on the last four months of orders check back at the end of April and it might move to D1. If I’m lucky we’ll have it by June some time.

Edit: this is from the second highest volume dealer in Calgary, Alberta. Highest volume dealer is smack dab in the middle of the area with the highest Covid count in the province so wasn’t Venturing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
starting to get annoying
Thanks

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score
Hi RebelD&T, how were you able to contact Stellantis? I went on their web site and could not see anything other than investor relations and media relations contacts.
I had to hunt and found a chat on their site: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/knowledge Click chat button and pick "New Vehicle Information and Dealer Locate" as the reason. You'll need your VON and VIN. Best to check weekly or so and save your conversation to copy and paste your information since they ask for it each time.

laramie4x4

Reaction score
starting to get annoying
Thanks
ordered same day as you did and just got it last Monday and i'm in the US

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Ordered 3/10 in D status for the last 3 weeks now. Dealer said based on the last four months of orders check back at the end of April and it might move to D1. If I’m lucky we’ll have it by June some time.

Edit: this is from the second highest volume dealer in Calgary, Alberta. Highest volume dealer is smack dab in the middle of the area with the highest Covid count in the province so wasn’t Venturing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Checked in today with my dealer and they have been advised that all Canadian orders are going through a quota system, so a Province has to hit a certain number of orders before they are all released for production. The sales manager said this has always been the case, however FCA has almost doubled the numbers required for the high volume provinces of BC, AB, ON and QC and has something to do with number of vehicles on a train for a shipping discount as freight prices have doubled in the last 6 months. Looks like we're in for a long wait, but silver lining, if we wait long enough they will be branded 2022's and may have some new tech included for no extra cost.

Allant222

Reaction score
starting to get annoying
Thanks
I am in the same boat... I ordered mine in mid Jan. I was given a delivery date of March 29, and then it was moved to Apr 20. I have a VIN as well. Did you get yours yet?

Allant222

Reaction score
hey... what is "ram chat"?

RebelDogAndTruck

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread