5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21RAMORP

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m new to the RAM family - I just bought a used 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn, Night Edition, with the “Off-Road Package”. One thing that’s not clear to me is the stock suspension setup. I have coils in the front and coils in the rear - but with an air(?) bag underneath the rear coils. When I bought the truck, in the glove box was an Air Lift install sheet/product overview. Window sticker from factory mentions nothing about the Air Lift system - I know I don’t have a full air ride suspension setup. Wondering if maybe the previous owner installed this aftermarket. If anyone has a similar instance and can advise on my setup, I would really appreciate it.

The main reason for this post is that I want to run aftermarket wheels and tires on stock suspension - no lift or level. I’ve had a couple lifted trucks in the past I don’t want to go down that road (at least for now). I want to run a 20”x9” wheel with a maximum offset of -18 and 33x12.5 Toyo Open-Country ATIII’s. All I really want to know is if I can get away with this setup completely stock with no trimming/rubbing. I’ve been told the Off-Road Package has a factory 1” lift. Is this true? If so, can I run my desired wheel/tire setup?

Thanks so much in advance!

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to your new to you RAM. The Airlift system is definitely aftermarket. What was the model on the install sheet? 1000HD?
May be merely a helper setup for towing and load hauling. Look by your rear license plate, or in the general area to see if there is a Schrader valve.

You should have no problems running that setup on stock suspension, no cutting or trimming to any plastic. The springs are one inch taller than the normal 4x4’s, and should also have HD shocks front and back. With the off road package, 33’s will fit just fine. Good luck👍

21RAMORP

Reaction score
Appreciate your reply man! The attached photos are what was in my glovebox… do you have any idea if these are operable or just fixed? I have no clue how they can be adjusted (if they can be adjusted) or what their use is. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_6909.jpeg
    IMG_6909.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6910.jpeg
    IMG_6910.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 29

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate your reply man! The attached photos are what was in my glovebox… do you have any idea if these are operable or just fixed? I have no clue how they can be adjusted (if they can be adjusted) or what their use is. Thanks again!
No problem. Am not familiar with the Load Lifter 5000. But you got an on board compressor somewhere according to that other manual. The controller in the pic is what you would use to adjust air.
Mainly for heavy load support, help prevent excess squat while towing, etc. Much different than the air suspension in higher end RAM’s as these don’t change the height of your truck.

rideexileex

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m new to the RAM family - I just bought a used 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn, Night Edition, with the “Off-Road Package”. One thing that’s not clear to me is the stock suspension setup. I have coils in the front and coils in the rear - but with an air(?) bag underneath the rear coils. When I bought the truck, in the glove box was an Air Lift install sheet/product overview. Window sticker from factory mentions nothing about the Air Lift system - I know I don’t have a full air ride suspension setup. Wondering if maybe the previous owner installed this aftermarket. If anyone has a similar instance and can advise on my setup, I would really appreciate it.

The main reason for this post is that I want to run aftermarket wheels and tires on stock suspension - no lift or level. I’ve had a couple lifted trucks in the past I don’t want to go down that road (at least for now). I want to run a 20”x9” wheel with a maximum offset of -18 and 33x12.5 Toyo Open-Country ATIII’s. All I really want to know is if I can get away with this setup completely stock with no trimming/rubbing. I’ve been told the Off-Road Package has a factory 1” lift. Is this true? If so, can I run my desired wheel/tire setup?

Thanks so much in advance!
Please let me know if you're interested in selling the kit! I have airbags on mine, but one is leaking...

Users who are viewing this thread