5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ORG all taller than my 2020 ORG.

JbVt

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has any input. I have a 2020 Bighorn night edition with ORG. I happed to be driving by my local dealer tonight and noticed they had a handful of new trucks out, been pretty spaced lately. Anyways I swung in as I always enjoy looking. They had 3 2021 bighorns with the ORG. Instantly the first one caught my eye as looking “taller” than mine. I was able to finagle side by side and sure enough it’s tow mirrors were about an inch higher than mine. I then grabbed my tape measure and started measuring this truck. Ground to front fender just over 38”, ground to rear fender just over 40”. I measured mine recently because I’m going to level it, but I double checked side by side of this truck to keep things even as can be. My front ground to fender is 37”, rear is 39”. I quickly circled around to the other 2 and they were also taller than mine at the mirrors and all measured within a 1/4” of the first one. So all three are bighorn night editions with org, just like mine only they are all about 1” taller. I checked the springs on the new one and got this part number; 68412277AB. My shock is 68320249AC. I know about the built to serve shocks mishap, am I missing something here?!!?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
What kind of gear do you have in your truck? Think maybe your suspension was compressed? Just thinking

JbVt

Reaction score
Right now there’s almost nothing in it. My factory muffler is in the b2 fab box in the back. That’s it.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got ya. Someone else may know the answer

JbVt

Reaction score
Thanks! Hoping someone with a stock org bighorn has some measurements I could compare to maybe.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or has any input. I have a 2020 Bighorn night edition with ORG. I happed to be driving by my local dealer tonight and noticed they had a handful of new trucks out, been pretty spaced lately. Anyways I swung in as I always enjoy looking. They had 3 2021 bighorns with the ORG. Instantly the first one caught my eye as looking “taller” than mine. I was able to finagle side by side and sure enough it’s tow mirrors were about an inch higher than mine. I then grabbed my tape measure and started measuring this truck. Ground to front fender just over 38”, ground to rear fender just over 40”. I measured mine recently because I’m going to level it, but I double checked side by side of this truck to keep things even as can be. My front ground to fender is 37”, rear is 39”. I quickly circled around to the other 2 and they were also taller than mine at the mirrors and all measured within a 1/4” of the first one. So all three are bighorn night editions with org, just like mine only they are all about 1” taller. I checked the springs on the new one and got this part number; 68412277AB. My shock is 68320249AC. I know about the built to serve shocks mishap, am I missing something here?!!?
You have the same P/N as the ORP springs I put on the front of my truck so you have the right springs. I can't imagine what would give the extra inch 🤷.

IMG_20200501_155418.jpg

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Mine is a 2021 Laramie night edition, and mine measures 37.25 in the front and 40” exactly on rear. That’s with the 20” night edition on the wild peaks 275/55/20s and I feel my truck sits lower too at times

JbVt

Reaction score
You have the same P/N as the ORP springs I put on the front of my truck so you have the right springs. I can't imagine what would give the extra inch 🤷.

View attachment 93999
I can’t figure it out either. But all 3 of them were a definite 1” taller, almost identical trucks, mine has a few more options but I can’t see that weighing down the springs an 1”!

JbVt

Reaction score
Mine is a 2021 Laramie night edition, and mine measures 37.25 in the front and 40” exactly on rear. That’s with the 20” night edition on the wild peaks 275/55/20s and I feel my truck sits lower too at times
That’s like mine, but after seeing those 21s tonight I’m baffled.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
DId they all maybe have bigger tires than yours? Also, I have seen some dealers install lift kits on new trucks, maybe these had lift?

moparleo51

Reaction score
maybe since they are new and your truck is older, that the new trucks haven't been driven enough for the it to settle in. just a thought

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
Tires I'd bet since you're measuring from the ground. Measure from center of wheel and see. Also could be yours has settled in more than a brand new one, but I wouldn't think that would account for a full inch.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you look at the window sticker? Any "dealer add-ons" like a leveling kit or suspension upgrades that they could add $1000 for throwing on $100 in spacers?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I traded my 2019 Ram 3500 last week for a 2021 Ram 1500 with ORG. While I was on the lot looking at trucks I measured my truck and other trucks that were 4X4 but without the OFG. My truck that I bought with OFG measured measured 40 inches from ground to rear fender, and the non OFG trucks were 3/4 inch ish lower. So that tells me that maybe all of the 2021s are taller. Sounds like the non OFG 2021 trucks are measuring as tall as the 2020 OFG trucks, and the 2021 OFGs are still gaining an inch. I did measure the height of the front air dam and rear hitch height on all trucks and it gave a more accurate comparison of OFG vs non, and the OFG was exactly 1 inch taller in Fron and back. BTW the 1500 is so much better to drive that the HD I had.... love the telescoping steering wheel!

JbVt

Reaction score
DId they all maybe have bigger tires than yours? Also, I have seen some dealers install lift kits on new trucks, maybe these had lift?
Same wheels and same tires. I checked window stickers for lifts or levels. Didn’t see any listed. 🤔

JbVt

Reaction score
Tires I'd bet since you're measuring from the ground. Measure from center of wheel and see. Also could be yours has settled in more than a brand new one, but I wouldn't think that would account for a full inch.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
I did measure from ground. But I can’t believe the springs settle an inch!

JbVt

Reaction score
Did you look at the window sticker? Any "dealer add-ons" like a leveling kit or suspension upgrades that they could add $1000 for throwing on $100 in spacers?
Yeah checked those too, nothing. Stock org bighorns.

JbVt

Reaction score
I traded my 2019 Ram 3500 last week for a 2021 Ram 1500 with ORG. While I was on the lot looking at trucks I measured my truck and other trucks that were 4X4 but without the OFG. My truck that I bought with OFG measured measured 40 inches from ground to rear fender, and the non OFG trucks were 3/4 inch ish lower. So that tells me that maybe all of the 2021s are taller. Sounds like the non OFG 2021 trucks are measuring as tall as the 2020 OFG trucks, and the 2021 OFGs are still gaining an inch. I did measure the height of the front air dam and rear hitch height on all trucks and it gave a more accurate comparison of OFG vs non, and the OFG was exactly 1 inch taller in Fron and back. BTW the 1500 is so much better to drive that the HD I had.... love the telescoping steering wheel!
Yeah, I checked the tow hook and receiver hitch on mine and one of the new ones and new one was 1” taller on both ends. I’m truly baffled. I just hope I actually have the org springs in mine. I will say I noticed the difference immediately when I pulled next to the new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread