5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 ORG all taller than my 2020 ORG.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I did measure from ground. But I can’t believe the springs settle an inch!
No I don't think so either, but did you compare the tire size with your truck? Possible the new ones have larger tires?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

JbVt

Reaction score
No I don't think so either, but did you compare the tire size with your truck? Possible the new ones have larger tires?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Same tires, the only thing I quickly thought about was if the new tires were still overinflated from transport but hard to think they would all be the same 1” higher. 🤷‍♂️

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked the tow hook and receiver hitch on mine and one of the new ones and new one was 1” taller on both ends. I’m truly baffled. I just hope I actually have the org springs in mine. I will say I noticed the difference immediately when I pulled next to the new ones.
From what I can guess, if you go measure a 2021 4x4 non ORG on a lot, it will measure the same as your 2020 OFG. I think something has changed for all 2021s.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People have been seeing differences in addition to just the tech (HUD, etc.).

I know the A/C revision hit the production line and I'm sure other things were incorporated on the line for MY 21.

I read somewhere that the 21 frost bars on the LED reflector headlights (Big Horn and Laramie) are brighter. I'm not sure about that but I did see 2 HD RAMs on the way to work today and one of them definitely had brighter frost bars than the other. I'm not sure what years the trucks were or if one of them was modified (I've also read that you can do that with aftermarket stuff and maybe AlfaOBD) but the brightness was noticeably brighter than the other.

JbVt

Reaction score
From what I can guess, if you go measure a 2021 4x4 non ORG on a lot, it will measure the same as your 2020 OFG. I think something has changed for all 2021s.
I’ll swing by on the way home today and check that! Thanks!

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
Next time you are there snap a few photos and share if you have the time.

I should be getting my 2021 Bighorn north edition in the next few days. It has the ORG on 18" wheels.

I will measure.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
See mine looks lower than others to me, especially the rebels but think it’s due to there tire combo, mine measures 37.25 in front from ground to fender lip and 40” in back. Just seems like a lot of take for a ORP truck, and I confirmed these are the Orp springs. It must be something diff with the lone stars because I parked next to one this morning with the 4x4 orp and it was a little higher 🧐

Attachments

• A976B73A-4D0D-4DDF-A9B0-4BCC1B93AF70.jpeg
    A976B73A-4D0D-4DDF-A9B0-4BCC1B93AF70.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 53
  • ADA26A7C-9C31-4431-A7F8-020EAF0E5A31.jpeg
    ADA26A7C-9C31-4431-A7F8-020EAF0E5A31.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 53

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See mine looks lower than others to me, especially the rebels but think it’s due to there tire combo, mine measures 37.25 in front from ground to fender lip and 40” in back. Just seems like a lot of take for a ORP truck, and I confirmed these are the Orp springs. It must be something diff with the lone stars because I parked next to one this morning with the 4x4 orp and it was a little higher 🧐
I think the Rebels are a little taller in front with the Bilsteins than ours with the Hitachis, plus the bumper (without the active air dam) makes it look a little taller too.

Your truck looks like mine. I had mine checked at the dealership when I had warranty service done as I thought it was a little low. Everything in front was confirmed for ORG.

Mine...

Truck 2.JPG

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance that you can give me the PN's to the spring and shock? I want to add the ORP lift to the front of mine, but I want to build the full coilover as I don't want to waste time taking mine apart. :)

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+1 springs sag big time after a few thousand miles. 1" difference wouldn't be at all surprising.

I can add to this, I had a set of Falcon shocks put on my Rebel a few months ago.
When new? The rears were a scunch over 40in to the rear fenders, the front right was 39in flat, the front left I think was a scunch under 39.

Now the front driver's side is about 38.5in, the front right is 38.625
The rear driver's side is like 39.5in, the right rear is about 39.75in.
(On a Ram, both the driver and the big fuel tank are basically on the driver's side)
Full tank of gas IIRC, ground might not have been totally level, but it was the same spot I've done all my measurements in.
I know some say that a shock doesn't effect the height of the vehicle and all that, the measurements I did with my truck say otherwise.
The addition of the falcon shocks alone (set to medium) raised my truck about .75-.8inches in the front.

On a new truck you're looking at fresh (tallest) tires, fresh shocks, and fresh springs.
It is the truck's "maximum" height in that configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread