5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

Evank33

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install just rearview camera in a halogen CHMSL and OEM digital mirror? Maybe camera sold separately and will cheaper then LED CHMSL.
The rearview camera is built into the led chmsl. No way to add one to the halogen ones. If you are thinking of the cargo cam there is another thread for that.

Georgf

Reaction score
The rearview camera is built into the led chmsl. No way to add one to the halogen ones. If you are thinking of the cargo cam there is another thread for that.
Maybe is possible to install another camera, like 68417514aa? Sure the built one used by Chrysler not only in Ram chmsl.

Georgf

Reaction score
I understand correctly that the digital mirror does not work in 19-20 trucks?

sdownes80

Reaction score
Yip. That’s no problem. I’ve retrofitted harder than that with the 12” in a 4th gen. The hardest part about this one would be sourcing a cluster.
Hi do you have pictures and steps how you did this to the 4th with 12" also did everything work

Knight.

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the 2 screws that the CHMSL Led third lamp uses??

I'm tempted to use the two of the 4 screws from the old lamp but I remember reading somewhere that the new led lamp uses two different screws and with all these rear window leaks going on I didn't want to take a chance on using the wrong screws for the new lamp.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the 2 screws that the CHMSL Led third lamp uses??

I'm tempted to use the two of the 4 screws from the old lamp but I remember reading somewhere that the new led lamp uses two different screws and with all these rear window leaks going on I didn't want to take a chance on using the wrong screws for the new lamp.
I just used the old screws and it has been fine.

bdel10

Reaction score
At this point are we still waiting on anyone who may have finally got the new digital rear view mirror to work in the '19 - '20 Rams. I have a '20 Limited and I'd like to add the mirror to my truck if it's at all possible. The HUD would be nice but I think that modification if it were possible would be way too expensive. My plan is to add the Ram OEM CAI in the near future.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

vincentw56

Reaction score
At this point are we still waiting on anyone who may have finally got the new digital rear view mirror to work in the '19 - '20 Rams. I have a '20 Limited and I'd like to add the mirror to my truck if it's at all possible. The HUD would be nice but I think that modification if it were possible would be way too expensive. My plan is to add the Ram OEM CAI in the near future.
Yes, we are still working on getting it to work with 19/20.

bdel10

Reaction score

vincentw56

Reaction score
Did the member who got the new bcm get it working?
That would be me. I had the 2021 BCM installed in my 2020, but the dealer couldn't get it to program. I sent the BCM to @Jimmy07 and he is looking into along with another member. If it is possible, these guys should be able to figure it out. In the meantime, I installed the 3rd brake light just so I could use it since it has LEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread