5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 night edition third brake light

Daverous

Reaction score
Did some swapping around this morning. Can confirm LIN & Misc: CRVMM Present- Yes is what affects the auto dim. In no its disabled even with the old mirror. Also appears neither piece of equipment was at fault for my rf hub. Just bad luck I guess.

Also did some checking between all the links in the chain. Same icon is displayed. What gets me is that it's clearly reading a change. When I unplug the camera it goes to no camera icon, plug it back in it instantly goes to the second icon. It's detecting it's there just isn't displaying.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did some swapping around this morning. Can confirm LIN & Misc: CRVMM Present- Yes is what affects the auto dim. In no its disabled even with the old mirror. Also appears neither piece of equipment was at fault for my rf hub. Just bad luck I guess.

Also did some checking between all the links in the chain. Same icon is displayed. What gets me is that it's clearly reading a change. When I unplug the camera it goes to no camera icon, plug it back in it instantly goes to the second icon. It's detecting it's there just isn't displaying.
Ok, as far as the auto dim feature, that confirms that the digital mirror module and regular auto dim mirror use different settings. Lin & Misc: CRVMM present will be set to NO for the digital mirror, but another setting gets enabled. I’m just not sure if it’s one that’s there and we’re overlooking it, or it’s not in the settings list at all yet.
I’m still not sure about the image not showing up on a 2020 as opposed to swapping one in on a 2021. Although the 2021 has the same issue with auto dim, no changes were needed to get the image to display.

Daverous

Reaction score
To add insult to injury I pulled the new third brake light(led light had been on about 10-15 miles when my service tpms came on)and did about 40 miles over a couple hours with the original. While it's not 100% scientific all of my missing tpms signals came back and are reading correctly now. I'll swap the led back in tonight and see if the issue comes back tomorrow. If it does I'll leave it out for a 1000 mile trip I have Sunday. If I don't get errors on that trip I'd say it's a safe bet it's causing some interference. Very strange since it was built for the DT. Unless they modified the rf signal for the tpms? My rf receiver has the same part number as the 2021.

Have any of the two others running the led had this issue? Doesn't sound like @jdmdc5teg06 has, but what about the original purchaser that supplied the first part number?

I've had zero issues with leds in my oem brake light. In the end if it conflicts with the rf hub I'm inclined to shelf it and spend the money on some 6112s.

knightro84

Reaction score
I never had any issues with “fob not detected” or TPMS with my stock CHMSL with LED cargo and brake light installed, and I haven’t had any issues with the 2021 version either. I’ve put probably 200 miles or so on the truck since I’ve installed it.

Daverous

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll know soon enough if I'm just unlucky. So far I have been haha. I also have an appointment Wednesday for a new rf hub at the dealer. Maybe that'll correct it as well.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Any rain while running it yet? Does it get those annoying water drops on it like back up cameras do?
Living in Miami, FL where it rains all the time I have definitely had rain fall lol. Doesn’t obscure the image at all since the camera lens is not flush with the light fixture and it is a little deeper so that definitely helps.

Avayel

Reaction score
Living in Miami, FL where it rains all the time I have definitely had rain fall lol. Doesn’t obscure the image at all since the camera lens is not flush with the light fixture and it is a little deeper so that definitely helps.
Hey all! New member here, very interested in getting the LED third brake light and digital mirror.

I have a 21 1500 Rebel with the Advanced Safety Group (FCW, ACC, surround view camera, etc.) with dimming mirror.

It sounds like purchasing the digital mirror, LED third brake light w/camera and FAKRA cable should be plug and play. For those who have done this, is this the case? I’m getting mixed reviews.

Sorry if it’s redundant, just want to be as sure as possible, thanks!

trithumb

Reaction score
Hey all! New member here, very interested in getting the LED third brake light and digital mirror.

I have a 21 1500 Rebel with the Advanced Safety Group (FCW, ACC, surround view camera, etc.) with dimming mirror.

It sounds like purchasing the digital mirror, LED third brake light w/camera and FAKRA cable should be plug and play. For those who have done this, is this the case? I’m getting mixed reviews.

Sorry if it’s redundant, just want to be as sure as possible, thanks!
I have a 21 Laramie I just ordered the 3 for. Don't have parts yet but will let you know how it goes when I install it.

Avayel

Reaction score
I have a 21 Laramie I just ordered the 3 for. Don't have parts yet but will let you know how it goes when I install it.
Awesome! I bet you can’t wait to get it installed! I hope it works for you and soon after myself haha

Based on this thread, it should work for ‘21 trucks as long as you have the auto-dim rear view. The jury is still out in ‘19-‘20 trucks.
That’s kind of what I figured but wanted to confirm, thanks for this!

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Awesome! I bet you can’t wait to get it installed! I hope it works for you and soon after myself haha

That’s kind of what I figured but wanted to confirm, thanks for this!
I have a ‘21 1500 Rebel as well with advanced safety and it worked for me. Granted that I had to play around with the FAKRA cable for some reason for a little while until I got the image to show up for good. You do lose for some reason the auto dimming so I’m not sure if that will be an issue with you but I can’t notice on mine since I have dark tints all around. Just a heads up!

everything else works beautifully though like the rain sensing wipers, auto highs etc..

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
And that issue with auto dimming not working might be something that can be easily fixed with AlfaOBD later on down the line so I’m not stressing it at all. Having the mirror work in conjunction with the CHMSL is definitely worth than having the auto dimming feature but that’s just me!

Avayel

Reaction score
And that issue with auto dimming not working might be something that can be easily fixed with AlfaOBD later on down the line so I’m not stressing it at all. Having the mirror work in conjunction with the CHMSL is definitely worth than having the auto dimming feature but that’s just me!
Ah that’s good to hear, plug and play all day haha Thanks for the update on this! As far at the auto dimming not working I’m okay with that, like you said that may be an update or something down the road. Thanks for the heads up about this!!

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
Ah that’s good to hear, plug and play all day haha Thanks for the update on this! As far at the auto dimming not working I’m okay with that, like you said that may be an update or something down the road. Thanks for the heads up about this!!
If you go back a few pages I have photos of it when I installed it and have a photo showing the image as well. Looks high definitely too

Avayel

Reaction score
If you go back a few pages I have photos of it when I installed it and have a photo showing the image as well. Looks high definitely too
Yes I saw that and it looks great! Much better than the stock third brake light, thanks for the pics too!

Daverous

Reaction score
Good and bad news from my end. Good news is zero tpms failures in just under 1100 miles. Bad news it was with the led light removed. After installing the led again Saturday I had them randomly drop out again. Still set for a new rf hub Wednesday and I'll try again.

Just a guess, but tpms sensors work on a range and im thinking in the 2021 and up they've slightly modified that range? No hard facts to support that.

Avayel

Reaction score
Good and bad news from my end. Good news is zero tpms failures in just under 1100 miles. Bad news it was with the led light removed. After installing the led again Saturday I had them randomly drop out again. Still set for a new rf hub Wednesday and I'll try again.

Just a guess, but tpms sensors work on a range and im thinking in the 2021 and up they've slightly modified that range? No hard facts to support that.
That stinks but if it’s working on the 21 I guess it’s a change they did make, still dumb lol

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score

My guess is the RF Hub is having issues. I've been running the LED CHMSL on my 2019 for some time now and no issues. Are you using the factory TPMS or have you had a wheel/tire change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online