5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Limited w Etorque (3k miles) - Power Shutdown while on the highway

BryanCee13

Reaction score
Just took my 2021 1500 with 5,800 miles on it into the shop yesterday morning after the check engine light, battery light, and a burning smell only inside the cab (couldn’t smell it outside anywhere). They diagnosed it with STAR (online forum between technicians and engineers) being the Power pack unit. Got a call today saying they literally have no idea when the part will be in. They gave me a loaner which is great but it’s not a pickup truck and I need one for the contracting company I own. I already contacted Chrysler dates and they are looking into what they can do to expedite the part and see if they can facilitate a pickup loaner. This forum here doesn’t give me much hope.

Zsowle50

Reaction score
Just took my 2021 1500 with 5,800 miles on it into the shop yesterday morning after the check engine light, battery light, and a burning smell only inside the cab (couldn’t smell it outside anywhere). They diagnosed it with STAR (online forum between technicians and engineers) being the Power pack unit. Got a call today saying they literally have no idea when the part will be in. They gave me a loaner which is great but it’s not a pickup truck and I need one for the contracting company I own. I already contacted Chrysler dates and they are looking into what they can do to expedite the part and see if they can facilitate a pickup loaner. This forum here doesn’t give me much hope.
Any updates on your truck. I’m going through the same thing right now. Mine has 7k on it.

RGLAF

Reaction score
I just created a post describing my situation with the Etorque generator. My truck has been at the dealer for 41 days and they have no estimated time frame for when the part will get in. Left with no other option I submitted a request to lemon law it.

coachs

Reaction score
I just created a post describing my situation with the Etorque generator. My truck has been at the dealer for 41 days and they have no estimated time frame for when the part will get in. Left with no other option I submitted a request to lemon law it.
How is the request for lemon law going. My sons truck after 3 days ownership has been in the shop for 14 day already with the same problem. In kentucky it says you have to have 30 day in the shop before the lemon law applies.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
How is the request for lemon law going. My sons truck after 3 days ownership has been in the shop for 14 day already with the same problem. In kentucky it says you have to have 30 day in the shop before the lemon law applies.
I think it's 30 days in the first year...

WK21

Reaction score
Had something very similar happen to me. Luckily not on the highway. I took it in and the told me it was because of the etorque battery and it had been sitting on the lot (brand new) and that the issue would resolve itself.

now my Uconnect shut off and won’t come back on while I have a “115v cargo power outlet on” message that won’t go away.

pissed. I’m at 1k miles 2022 ram rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/