5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Interior Vanity Light Button/Cover

JDGRam19

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to repair/repaint/replace with a sticker cover for this overhead interior vanity light button. The paint is coming off on this one button, which never gets used hardly. Very strange, almost like the paint is flaking. Any suggestions on fixing this without replacing the whole overhead switchbank? IMG_0750.jpeg

JDGRam19

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to repair/repaint/replace with a sticker cover for this overhead interior vanity light button. The paint is coming off on this one button, which never gets used hardly. Very strange, almost like the paint is flaking. Any suggestions on fixing this without replacing the whole overhead switchbank? View attachment 175432

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to repair/repaint/replace with a sticker cover for this overhead interior vanity light button. The paint is coming off on this one button, which never gets used hardly. Very strange, almost like the paint is flaking. Any suggestions on fixing this without replacing the whole overhead switchbank? View attachment 175432
Same thing is happening to the Alpine paint on my center dash speaker. Gonna see if a friend with a Cricut can make me a decal to replace it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Almost looks like something hit it, with the smaller nick, and what looks like a small nick on the edge as well

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can always replace that whole console with one pulled from a wrecked truck for about $100

JDGRam19

Reaction score
You can always replace that whole console with one pulled from a wrecked truck for about $100
True. Problem is my OCD wouldn’t let me swap out a used part like that. I like my original just with a cover, lol.

JDGRam19

Reaction score
I’ll see what I can do. Might be better to get two and replace both so they match. Probably cost about a postage stamp. Lol.

Edit: what are the measurements? 1/2” too big?
I’d say that’s about right. The whole button itself can’t be an inch across hardly. I can measure it later just to be sure.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can always buy a used one and transfer the switches.

JDGRam19

Reaction score
You can always buy a used one and transfer the switches.
You think I could swap out the light components to mine? Under all those torx screws, wondering if it’s wiring or just a plug and play module block.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You think I could swap out the light components to mine? Under all those torx screws, wondering if it’s wiring or just a plug and play module block.
I need to know the same as I have one switch that has a letter messed up that irks me too

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/