5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram Completely Dead - No Electrical

rogerthat

Reaction score
Truck just left me stranded. Completely dead, no electrical at all comes on. Bought a new battery, still nothing - 100% dead. Towed to dealer - 2020 Ram 1500 etorque. No issues up until this point, I bought it new, has 20k miles.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what is up with the etorque?
We get it, you don't like etorque. I know it's tempting to blame this problem on it, but at this point there is nothing indicating etorque is the cause of the OP's issue. There's no point in jumping to conclusions. My family has owned two etorque Hemi's, and neither one had any issues in the three years we owned them.

rogerthat

Reaction score

BigHornDaddy318

Reaction score
Truck just left me stranded. Completely dead, no electrical at all comes on. Bought a new battery, still nothing - 100% dead. Towed to dealer - 2020 Ram 1500 etorque. No issues up until this point, I bought it new, has 20k miles.
Having the same problem with non etorque truck. Can you share what the issue was?

steveo18

Reaction score
This may have been mentioned before, but it is worth mentioning again. Recently my 2020 Laramie has had a few instances where it would not start, 6 days apart. The first time it was a rough start followed by nothing. I used a power brick and it started and all codes eventually went away. The second time it was a hard start followed by nothing. first jump did not work, battery read 8 volts. Got all the coded noted below. Waited and second time it started and got me home. Charged over night and once the charger was removed the battery began discharging immediately. Charged again and reseated every fuse in the interior and exterior fuse box. 80% were not seated all the way. After this voltage rebounded to 12.48 volts and is holding steady.

Attachments

• 1719325247522.png
    1719325247522.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 11

Rambilt

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same thing happened to my 2021 ram 1500 etorque, one of the terminals was loose. Make sure these terminals are tight. The second one from the right was the one that. the dealer mechanic said was loose. I put loctite on all of them and never have that same problem again. Good luck!

v/r

Rick

1719328539935.png

edaniel

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie and I have lost all electrical power three times in the last few months. I have disconnected the negative battery terminal and tapped on the fuses and relays in the TIPM and the power eventually comes back. Does anyone know what is causing this issue??

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie and I have lost all electrical power three times in the last few months. I have disconnected the negative battery terminal and tapped on the fuses and relays in the TIPM and the power eventually comes back. Does anyone know what is causing this issue??

Did you check the post above, there is a screw on the terminal with the fuse box that if becomes loose will be causing a similar issue.

Make sure all those bolts on the top of the picture are all nice and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread