5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Will Not Reliably Start

WildWildWest

Reaction score
I recently started having the same problems.

One day: attempted to start truck, electronics went haywire with crackling in speakers, failed to start. Had the truck jumped, all was good besides CEL. Had the battery replaced.

Truck continued to drain battery overnight. Finally saw the speedometer and screen lighting up and shutting off on my security cameras. Key fob nowhere near.

Also, sometimes after start, screen would not power on and had no power to usb ports.

I am right out of warranty. Unfortunately have received shoddy service from two nearby dealers, took truck to moms/pops and they are 99% sure it’s BCM.

After reading through this I will be checking the BCM connections tomorrow and cleaning, also giving the fuses a thorough look through.

Any advice on how to clean connections on BCM?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently started having the same problems.

One day: attempted to start truck, electronics went haywire with crackling in speakers, failed to start. Had the truck jumped, all was good besides CEL. Had the battery replaced.

Truck continued to drain battery overnight. Finally saw the speedometer and screen lighting up and shutting off on my security cameras. Key fob nowhere near.

Also, sometimes after start, screen would not power on and had no power to usb ports.

I am right out of warranty. Unfortunately have received shoddy service from two nearby dealers, took truck to moms/pops and they are 99% sure it’s BCM.

After reading through this I will be checking the BCM connections tomorrow and cleaning, also giving the fuses a thorough look through.

Any advice on how to clean connections on BCM?
I would remove and re-insert the connectors few times.
But before doing anything else, check the negative battery connection at the inner fender.
This is where all my battery drain problems stemmed from. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread