5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 vs. 2020 RAM 1500

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
For those waiting on a split tailgate, what is the benefit of having that? It's not something I would be interested in, but I always learn from the perspectives of the smart RAM owners here.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Couple things I’d like to see:
*More interior colors especially on higher trims. At least the grey that’s been discussed.
*HP boost the 5.7 through DI or whatever. Even an extra 25-35 HP and Tq would be something to market.
*Tow mirrors that power fold/heat
*Mid range axle choice, a la’ 3.55
*Improve payload 300#, c’mon is it that hard to make a progressive coil? They are losing sales to Ford due to the payload requirements, that’s unnecessary unless they are doing that specifically to not hurt their 2500 sales.
*Allow the 360 camera to be ordered without the highest packages. I wanted that for my truck however didn't want to pay $4K to get it in the safety and audio bundle.
*Offer more 20’s rims instead of 22’s on higher trims. Some of us aren't interested in really wide wheels. I could have ordered the truck but wanted to take dealer stock.
*Increase both the 26 and 33 gallon tanks to match Ford, I believe they have 26/36. When you tow, you need the big tanks, especially if you live out west.

Those are my wishes.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
I'd like to see a black appearance package available on all sport models and some kind of chrome delete option on the limited. I think the black chrome like the exhaust tips on the rebel would look good as a option to replace all the chrome on a limited, or maybe even a matte chrome or gunmetal finish. Sport hood and wheels option on the limited? 6.4l 485hp option?

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s how they get sales though. You want memory seats, Laramie or up. You want cattle seats, long horn only. You want blue interior and whatever else is class exclusive to the limited, you spend the dollars.

It also helps to streamline production when you don’t have everything available in every trim.

Otherwise everyone is buying a bighorn with random options and there’s no way to produce these trucks easily and quickly.

I actually think they did a good job optioning these at each trim, other than the rebel. Why can’t you get memory seats on a truck that cost more than a Laramie and is higher on the trim list? And why don’t the back seats recline like all the other models?

I’m more annoyed with the forced options like air suspension only on limited. That’s why I didn’t buy one. I shouldn’t be forced into things like that. It would be like forcing the etorque motors on higher trims which I’m kind of surprised they didn’t. I expect to see the non etorque motors go away next year or year after once they run out of inventory. They already did it on the v6.

Blueraptor

Reaction score
That’s how they get sales though. You want memory seats, Laramie or up. You want cattle seats, long horn only. You want blue interior and whatever else is class exclusive to the limited, you spend the dollars.

It also helps to streamline production when you don’t have everything available in every trim.

Otherwise everyone is buying a bighorn with random options and there’s no way to produce these trucks easily and quickly.

I actually think they did a good job optioning these at each trim, other than the rebel. Why can’t you get memory seats on a truck that cost more than a Laramie and is higher on the trim list? And why don’t the back seats recline like all the other models?

I’m more annoyed with the forced options like air suspension only on limited. That’s why I didn’t buy one. I shouldn’t be forced into things like that. It would be like forcing the etorque motors on higher trims which I’m kind of surprised they didn’t. I expect to see the non etorque motors go away next year or year after once they run out of inventory. They already did it on the v6.
I think all options for a lower trim level should be available on a higher trim level though. If the limited were available with the sport hood, 22" wheels and black appearance package I would have ordered a limited instead of a Laramie.

Hustleman216

Reaction score
I think all options for a lower trim level should be available on a higher trim level though. If the limited were available with the sport hood, 22" wheels and black appearance package I would have ordered a limited instead of a Laramie.
My thoughts exactly!

Brave

Reaction score
For those waiting on a split tailgate, what is the benefit of having that? It's not something I would be interested in, but I always learn from the perspectives of the smart RAM owners here.
I want the split tailgate for the practicality of putting heavy stuff in the bed and not having to slide it back past the gate to close it. I also assume the split gate will be great for anyone who hauls things on pallets.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
1. At least 450 HP
2. "Suede" headliner on pano equipped limited - not available on other trims
3. Make Limited more exclusive. i.e. The cheapest MSRP on a limited should be mid to upper $60s. Nearly all options should be standard.
4. Off-road package available with 22s
5. Laguna leather option on Limited ($5k upgrade on Jeep grand cherokee)

brewdad

Reaction score
I like the red interior trim highlights on the Rebel trim, but keep the standard cloth seats all black; it would be nice on the black Limited interior to have an option for color trim highlights to match the exterior color of the truck--this would help break up the sea of black in the current Limited; and I know the Limited has real wood trim, but why does FCA go out of their way to make it look fake? What kind of wood has perfectly spaced horizontal white lines in it? My favorite interior is the Longhorn, but make the blind spot/rear cross path detection a stand-alone option like the Rebel---that will allow one to have that feature without spending $3895 for Level 1 and keep the standard wheel to wheel side steps and 8.4 navigation screen; I am not a fan of 12" screen or power folding steps.

brewdad

Reaction score
I just checked the 2019 Ram 2500 build site and the 2500 Longhorn does have a stand alone blind spot and rear cross-path detection option for $595---perhaps this option will be added to the 2020 Longhorn 1500.

Apexcars

Reaction score
I would like to see more luxury options on the Rebel like ventilated seats. I would like to see the Off Road Group with air suspension actually raise the height of the suspension instead of just removing the normal setting.

LiveFree

Reaction score
More safety tech available for the Rebel. 360 camera available too. Seems too difficult to install aftermarket camera on the 8.4 Uconnect at this point, which is keeping me from buying. Holding out hope 2020 includes this as an option.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score

Funny you said that. I ordered a pretty expensive Big Horn to get everything I wanted and to avoid things I did not wish to have, like leather seats in a work truck or a 12” screen with navigation I will never use.

Almost regret not getting eTorque, but I am not big on new tech, although I do agree the plain Jane HEMI will likely be fazed out in the next year or two.

Side note: I do not think Big Horn seats recline. Have not received my truck yet, but I hope I am wrong.

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
A few colors are going away and will be replaced with new ones. I haven't heard about destroyer grey coming unfortunately though.
I'd love to see an f8 green or destroyer grey. A hydro blue or toxic orange wouldn't be bad either.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
More safety tech available for the Rebel. 360 camera available too. Seems too difficult to install aftermarket camera on the 8.4 Uconnect at this point, which is keeping me from buying. Holding out hope 2020 includes this as an option.
Thats the single option I wanted for my Ltd but couldnt get w/o spending $3K for the level 1 package so I didn’t bother, I understand some people like the advanced safety group but I’m not sold on that tech yet. I do wish for a fwd facing camera option to come out.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Hopefully they make trailer tow mirrors in 2020 that don’t delete the surround view camera.

I caught this on a youtube Video, halfways into my order, they called and made sure I got my 350 Cameras....I would of been pissed if the truck would of arrived and I didn't have those. I use the 360 cameras Alot, especially in drive-thrus!

Users who are viewing this thread