5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 vs. 2020 RAM 1500

RedRocketZ28

Reaction score
6.4 wouldn't be enough of a jump from the 5.7 IMO. It would still be behind the Ford and GM HP/TQ numbers that are in their big dogs anyway. I honestly don't think much more power is needed in a 1500 truck either. Those who intend on towing close to the max of a 1500 really should be looking at a 2500 though. These things move out pretty good for what they are as well and really aren't THAT much slower than the 6.2 from GM or the 3.5 from Ford in stock form.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
6.4 wouldn't be enough of a jump from the 5.7 IMO. It would still be behind the Ford and GM HP/TQ numbers that are in their big dogs anyway. I honestly don't think much more power is needed in a 1500 truck either. Those who intend on towing close to the max of a 1500 really should be looking at a 2500 though. These things move out pretty good for what they are as well and really aren't THAT much slower than the 6.2 from GM or the 3.5 from Ford in stock form.
As the waitress responded (about us not needing dessert), “Honey, NEED has nothing to do with it!”

alangsam

Reaction score

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping for some new exterior color options. Particularly, Jeep's Sting Gray (Dodge's Destroyer Gray).

A few colors are going away and will be replaced with new ones. I haven't heard about destroyer grey coming unfortunately though.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A few colors are going away and will be replaced with new ones. I haven't heard about destroyer grey coming unfortunately though.

Correct, 5thGenRams does know that Blue Streak is being replaced with Hydro Blue for 2020.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, that package will be making its debut on the 2020 models in July!

Douglas31

Reaction score
Hoping for some new exterior color options. Particularly, Jeep's Sting Gray (Dodge's Destroyer Gray).
After seeing this color on both the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee I keep telling my wife I would have absolutely chosen this for my Ram if it was available. It would be perfect especially if it was offered with the night package that is coming soon!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The smokescreen and rocket launchers would also be nice to see added to the 2020..... LOL :) In all seriousness besides the tailgate and EcoDiesel it would be nice also to see a payload increase of about 300 Lbs across all the models (Tradesman to Limited) to truly enable the towing numbers the truck is capable of 11,500Lbs

BlckDT

Reaction score
Has it been discussed on this board as to when the "split-tailgate" will be available to order? FWIW, I'm undecided on if I actually want this or not. I would like to see one in person.

The 2020 Ram will see it. I see mfg vehicles driving around already with it. I live near Chrysler Tech Center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MJB4450

Yesterday I was out driving and passed a new Ram 1500 that had a light blue paint job. Looked very much like the Cavalry Blue Toyota has. Excellent color. I've noticed the last year or two the domestic companies have reduced colors to the same standard boring colors. Anyone know if this blue is a production color. I can't find any info on it on the Ram Trucks site or anywhere else. Also, any updates on a standard cab. Waiting impatiently for that. Started looking at Honda and Toyota but then I slapped myself back to reality.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They had the hydro blue on the 18s and allegedly it’s coming back in 2020 I think I rid. But I’m not sure that’s what’s your talking about.

And the only other blue is blue streak pearl but also don’t think that’s what you mean, although they are super rare to actually see them.

M

MJB4450

They had the hydro blue on the 18s and allegedly it’s coming back in 2020 I think I rid. But I’m not sure that’s what’s your talking about.

And the only other blue is blue streak pearl but also don’t think that’s what you mean, although they are super rare to actually see them.

It's not either hydro or Blue Streak. My 2015 Ram R/T was Blue Streak and I almost bought the Hydro last year. This is a lighter slightly grayish blue. If you do a search for the Toyota Cavalry blue on their trucks it's like that.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score

There is also Patriot Blue available today like I chose for my truck.

AGLAT

Reaction score
I'd like to see some Gray leather inserts in the seats on the Limited rather than all black. Black leather gets very hot in the Florida Sun, but the Ivory seats are too light and will get too dirty.
There are a bunch of brown and reddish orange options in the Longhorn. I'm hoping there will be a Gray/Black combo in either the Limited or the Laramie for 2020.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread