5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 rebel gas mileage with e-torque

Kidder

Reaction score
And the Rebel has the 3.92 Rear End which, I believe affects economy. Although my mileage is pretty much the same as yours according to my trip computer.
Ah, okay. I thought it could be equipped with either rear end. Either way, there should be only around 1mpg difference between the two.

kjn86

Reaction score
Have 1200 miles on mine so far with 13/14 mpg. All short, stop and go. Don't use the freeway almost at all. 5.7L with etorque.

One question: Is everyone tracking we have a 26 gallon factory tank? I saw someone post 23. Everything I read said 26.

Reaction score
Have 1200 miles on mine so far with 13/14 mpg. All short, stop and go. Don't use the freeway almost at all. 5.7L with etorque.

One question: Is everyone tracking we have a 26 gallon factory tank? I saw someone post 23. Everything I read said 26.

I'd like to know this as well. I've run my truck down to a range of about 30mi to go which should equate to somewhere around 2-3 gallons remaining. And the most I've been able to get in is 20 gallons. So I'd like to know the tank size for the Rebel. I am wondering if maybe the capless tank is causing the pump to shut off prematurely. Otherwise it seems 23 gallons is closer to the truth. And my range kind of stinks. I show about 340mi after a fill-up.

kjn86

Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. I've run my truck down to a range of about 30mi to go which should equate to somewhere around 2-3 gallons remaining. And the most I've been able to get in is 20 gallons. So I'd like to know the tank size for the Rebel. I am wondering if maybe the capless tank is causing the pump to shut off prematurely. Otherwise it seems 23 gallons is closer to the truth. And my range kind of stinks. I show about 340mi after a fill-up.

Since no one bothered to reply in this thread, I started a new one and got pretty good feedback. See https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/standard-fuel-tank-size-for-rebel.3678/

Bottom line: Unless you have the 33-gallon upgrade, 5.7L eTorque comes with 23 gallons standard and non-eTorque comes with 26.

Confirmed mine is 23. I got to 45 miles to empty and filled up 18 gallons, which is approximately logical for a 23-gallon tank since I am getting about 12-13 MPG.

Csiezega

Reaction score
Rebel w/etorque, 33gal tank i'm getting 12-13.... Really thought it would be more but still need to break in, only 80miles.... This is about the same i was getting with my '14 grand cherokee 5.7 w/ 31" tires.....

th3duke

Reaction score
Rebel w/etorque, 33gal tank i'm getting 12-13.... Really thought it would be more but still need to break in, only 80miles.... This is about the same i was getting with my '14 grand cherokee 5.7 w/ 31" tires.....

It will definitely get better... I just started getting into the 18's with mine (~1300 miles now), and that's driving it like a granny. By the way, I know that winter gas has been out for a bit over here, so I'm not anticipating it will get any better than 18 (it will likely decrease drastically now with having to warm it up).

Reaction score
Since no one bothered to reply in this thread, I started a new one and got pretty good feedback. See https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/standard-fuel-tank-size-for-rebel.3678/

Bottom line: Unless you have the 33-gallon upgrade, 5.7L eTorque comes with 23 gallons standard and non-eTorque comes with 26.

Confirmed mine is 23. I got to 45 miles to empty and filled up 18 gallons, which is approximately logical for a 23-gallon tank since I am getting about 12-13 MPG.
Thanks, I actually found thread and figured it out after I posted here. 23 Gallons seems like a ridiculously small tank for a vehicle like this. I'm getting about 16mpg with my truck which I don't think is too bad but it only gives me about 340 of range, and more like 300mi for practical purposes. Not much of a road trip vehicle.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
Leaving Dallas yesterday when I got the truck, Back to Houston I averaged 15.2 that's varying my speed between 65 and 80MPH,

Driving around town today keeping it at 45-55 in the area's I was in I was seeing around 16.5

I'm expecting if this Engine is anything like the Engine in my last car the mileage may go up as it breaks in?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, okay. I thought it could be equipped with either rear end. Either way, there should be only around 1mpg difference between the two.
Not my experience. It's 1 mpg difference at 55 mph but at 70 mph, I'm lucky to get 17 mpg where identical 3.21 trucks are are getting 20. I have a Limited with ORG and stock tires.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leaving Dallas yesterday when I got the truck, Back to Houston I averaged 15.2 that's varying my speed between 65 and 80MPH,

Driving around town today keeping it at 45-55 in the area's I was in I was seeing around 16.5

I'm expecting if this Engine is anything like the Engine in my last car the mileage may go up as it breaks in?
It gets better by 1-2 mpg. MDS seems to kick in more after 1000 miles. Mine has 2850 miles now.

crvttcrss

Reaction score
I have the same set up, and have 3100 miles on it now. It's a good mix of city and highway miles too. I am getting around 14.5 in town, and 18 on the highway.
Trading in a 2016 gmc sierra denali ultimate edition with 17k on it. Im getting 13mpg on that. Im expecting the same from Ram.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Thats better than mine im getting 13.2 and baby it, my 15 with same setup minus E Torque got 15.8 and 19.7 and sometimes on a trip i could get over 20 This ones not even close.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats better than mine im getting 13.2 and baby it, my 15 with same setup minus E Torque got 15.8 and 19.7 and sometimes on a trip i could get over 20 This ones not even close.
How many miles are in it? How often is the Eco light on. If you never see it, your version of"babying" may be different than others. You should be able to achieve 16+ in the city with eTorque if you don't mind more gradual Accel and longer coast downs. The.motor pribably won't be fully broken in until 5000 miles or so.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never notice any improvement after break in on my trucks. My 2014 got good mileage from day 1 but it never got better after 5 or 10K miles.

dalailama23

Reaction score
How many miles are in it? How often is the Eco light on. If you never see it, your version of"babying" may be different than others. You should be able to achieve 16+ in the city with eTorque if you don't mind more gradual Accel and longer coast downs. The.motor pribably won't be fully broken in until 5000 miles or so.
I have been driving like i have an egg under the pedal just to see the milage the eco light hardly ever comes on. i can almost coast at 45 and the eco light may sometimes come on, not always, on my 15 it was always coming on and you could not feel the cylinders cutting in or out on my 19 you can feel and hear them, with the window down( exhaust sound). I feel this may have something to do with the regen eng braking on an ETorque. Having the eng off at a stoplight helps save gas but not having the eco come on during slow down may negate this. I have several thousand miles on it and most modern engines don't really get that loose to where your mileage goes way up. Was told there is a power train control module update , And mine does shake a little and run rough on cold start maybe that will help.

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been driving like i have an egg under the pedal just to see the milage the eco light hardly ever comes on. i can almost coast at 45 and the eco light may sometimes come on, not always, on my 15 it was always coming on and you could not feel the cylinders cutting in or out on my 19 you can feel and hear them, with the window down( exhaust sound). I feel this may have something to do with the regen eng braking on an ETorque. Having the eng of at a stoplight helps save gas but not having the eco come on during slow down may negate this. I have several thousand miles on it and most modern engines don't really get that loose to where your mileage goes way up. Was told there is a power train control module update , And mine does shake a little and run rough on cold start maybe that will help.
How many miles are on your truck? My Eco light rarely came on and wouldn't hold MDS with any throttle when it was new. Now, at 2900 miles, I see it on frequently and can keep it in MDS on 2 lane roads with small hills as long as I don't accelerate. I'm convinced there is programming that allows more MDS after more miles accumulate.

dalailama23

Reaction score
Mine appears to be doing the same, it wouldn't come on at all when new. now it is more frequent it probably is a good idea to get the cylinders broke in before you let them go cold. milage about 2000

S

Smashy71

I'm not sure I understand these numbers.... While I totally agree that you need some time to see more stable figures. I have a regular 5.7 w/ 3.92 gears (Rebel) and I put a very mixed 1200 miles on it this weekend averaging 18.7 all around. This is actual measured economy. If I averaged the truck numbers across the three tanks of gas the truck read 18.5.
I

I have the rebel too and no etorque. I’m averaging 17ish and have 2900 miles when it was under 1000 miles my average was near the 14mpg mark. Depending on traffic and my foot it surely varies.

Users who are viewing this thread