5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 rebel gas mileage with e-torque

Rodphillipsjr

Reaction score
I’m getting around 14mpg with a 23gal tank. 5.7, 3.92, e-torque.
Is this about normal?

Old truck was 2014, 5.7, 3.93 and got 19mpg with 26gal.

Mason1217

Reaction score
So many threads about MPG on here lol, it's been discussed at length in about 24643 other threads. Bottom line, mileage sucks, have fun with the hemi and buy something else for mileage. It's a 400 H.P. box on wheels.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m getting around 14mpg with a 23gal tank. 5.7, 3.92, e-torque.
Is this about normal?

Old truck was 2014, 5.7, 3.93 and got 19mpg with 26gal.
So many threads about MPG on here lol, it's been discussed at length in about 24643 other threads. Bottom line, mileage sucks, have fun with the hemi and buy something else for mileage. It's a 400 H.P. box on wheels.
We all can be negative about this sure but no I don't think this is normal.

Mason1217

Reaction score
We all can be negative about this sure but no I don't think this is normal.
There's no point in quoting mileage or comparing yours to this or that until you have about 5k on the truck. I feel like the only real valid data comes from anyone that has over that mileage. Give it a chance, get a good mix of city/highway mileage, first oil change, winter driving, etc before you get too hung up on mileage.

Rodphillipsjr

Reaction score
I understand your thought but the question was is this normal for the 2019. I had the almost same truck as I posted but a 2014...hemi 5.7, that got 19mpg. The difference is e-torque and 4x4. Thanks for the reply though.

RebelMike

Reaction score
I have the same set up, and have 3100 miles on it now. It's a good mix of city and highway miles too. I am getting around 14.5 in town, and 18 on the highway.

Reaction score
I have about 1500mi on my Rebel with etourque. Computer is telling me about 16.2mpg. Essentially commuting milles and around town. My last vehicle was a Mazda CX9 that I drove the same and that was 18.1mpg over the life of the vehicle so I don't think the 16mpg I'm getting with the Ram is too bad considering it's a V8, much heavier, built like a wall.

TimG

Reaction score
I'm a little over 2000 miles on mine, and averaging just shy of 15mpg combined. Not the best I've ever had, but I didn't buy this thing for economy.

da_Vinci_of_sorts

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand these numbers.... While I totally agree that you need some time to see more stable figures. I have a regular 5.7 w/ 3.92 gears (Rebel) and I put a very mixed 1200 miles on it this weekend averaging 18.7 all around. This is actual measured economy. If I averaged the truck numbers across the three tanks of gas the truck read 18.5.

Mason1217

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand these numbers.... While I totally agree that you need some time to see more stable figures. I have a regular 5.7 w/ 3.92 gears (Rebel) and I put a very mixed 1200 miles on it this weekend averaging 18.7 all around. This is actual measured economy. If I averaged the truck numbers across the three tanks of gas the truck read 18.5.
I'm not sure either, but there is a considerable gap from the lowest guys reporting here to the average, to the all highway guys. There's no rhyme or reason to such a big fluctuation. I understand, e torque, gears, tires, highway vs city but still, it's a huge range of numbers overall. There must be more to it to go from mid 12's to low 20's. I'm just not really concerned or will give a crap til I hit about 5k, then I will really start looking into it.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
I get around 17.7-18.7. 87 Octane only.
I suppose factors like having a truck bed cover helps. Thought about riding around in Aero mode, which might help slightly as well.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
6500 miles and I have always averaged 13 since day one. It really really sucks. I'm gunna tune the **** out if it along with other performance mods. Might as well now.

Kidder

Reaction score
See Fuelly in my signature. I have the Off Road Package, 5.7, 3.21 so basically the Rebel although the tires weigh more on the Rebel, I assume.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm reasonably comfortable stating that I'm sure you are not driving the truck in the manner in which they "drove it" (they aren't driven, they are placed on a dyno) to get claimed average MPG.

As for me, this truck is huge compared to my old 2005 4.7l Dakota and I'm getting 'better' mileage...

Here's an older article...

The Truth About EPA City / Highway MPG Estimates

Reaction score
See Fuelly in my signature. I have the Off Road Package, 5.7, 3.21 so basically the Rebel although the tires weigh more on the Rebel, I assume.
And the Rebel has the 3.92 Rear End which, I believe affects economy. Although my mileage is pretty much the same as yours according to my trip computer.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
at 2000 miles, my avg. is 16.8

Users who are viewing this thread