5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Yesterday & today, I did my 10,000 oil, filter, and tire rotation.

While I was at it, I decided to take the front Eibach struts off and reset the clip to Position #2.. which is 0.6" lift..added with the ORP/ORG Front springs I swapped in previously..giving me 1.6" total lift in front..up from the 1.0" I had at Clip #1 + ORPs.

I'm now perfectly leveled with 38.50" LF/LR and 38.75" RF/RR. I still have the 0.25" Left lean as before, of course.

The truck rides perfectly now and feels perfectly balanced..it looks and rides just as I've wanted and hoped it would.

I'm definitely starting to rethink not throwing 4-5k at Fox PE 2.5s (and doing 35x12.5x20s with those), and instead justing staying with these Eibachs (and doing 295/60/20s on Fuel Variant 20x9s)..this is a 95% on-road truck right now.

Fox and 35s would give me 40.75"L/41.00"R ride height.
Eibach and 295s would give me 39.50"L/39.75"R ride height.

Wifey-pooh wants a new Durango AlcHEMI SRT392 for her, so this saves me some cash too!

Will keep you all posted!
Looks good new wheels would definitely add to the appearance of course!

Looks good new wheels would definitely add to the appearance of course!
I go back and forth on color...leaning towards Matte Gunmetal, but maybe Matte Bronze.
Either would go with my GCM color.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240728-144049_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240728-144049_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240728-143523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240728-143523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240801-210737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240801-210737_Samsung Internet.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 25
Well, I was just checking over everything to make sure all is good...NOPE, I F'd it up...smallest tear in the edge of the Left Front CV Axle boot...grease everywhere!! I thought I was being very careful, but I guess not.

Now, I have to figure out what I need to do to change that out😡

I used brake cleaner and then rubber cement glue to help temporarily, but tomorrow I'll order up a new Mopar 68537122aa LF CV Axle Shaft to replace it. Anyone know if the Front Differential Output Shaft comes out with CV Axle Shaft..and if so, how to remove it from my current CV Axle Shaft to reuse it? My truck only has 10k miles on it.

Any help/suggestions are welcomed!

Last edited:
Why did you put on top tier off road suspension on and then big rims with low pro tires? Or is the picture deceptive?
Because they don’t wheel or get off the pavement and the thank it makes them look cool when at the mall flexing on a curb stop. Same as the jeep mall crawlers. And some just have more money than brains.

I WOULD VOTE THE GUNMETAL I HAVE A SIMILAR FINISH ON MY BLACKRHINO WHEELS AND IT PAIRS NICELY WITH THE GCM BUT THE BRONZE WOULD DEF. POP AND CATCH THE EYE!
I was originally thinking Gunmetal, but then leaned towards Bronze (and I was going to paint my tow hooks bronze to match)..but my wife isn't keen on the bronze and I'm starting to like the more understated Gunmetal color again.

I'll have to wait just a bit longer now, as I put a fractional, miniscule cut in the Left Front CV Axle Boot today when swapping the Eibachs in/out to bump the lift to level..now I'll have to order a new one tomorrow, so there goes an unplanned $300-400 to get a new one!!😡

I was originally thinking Gunmetal, but then leaned towards Bronze (and I was going to paint my tow hooks bronze to match)..but my wife isn't keen on the bronze and I'm starting to like the more understated Gunmetal color again.

I'll have to wait just a bit longer now, as I put a fractional, miniscule cut in the Left Front CV Axle Boot today when swapping the Eibachs in/out to bump the lift to level..now I'll have to order a new one tomorrow, so there goes an unplanned $300-400 to get a new one!!😡
YEA I SEEN YOUR OTHER POST SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I VOT GUNMETAL BUT EITHER IS NICE!

YEA I SEEN YOUR OTHER POST SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I VOT GUNMETAL BUT EITHER IS NICE!
No worries..I learned a lesson on paying better attention.

Tomorrow I'll order a new one and swap it out asap.

I love the look and ride now, so It'll be all good soon.

Yep, pretty sure the Matte Gunmetal is gonna be the winner!

I had the 929 Racing lightweights for my wife's ND Miata Club painted to match the body..I like the look..the Fuel color won't match the GCM but it'll be similar enough.

Attachments

• 20191025_100936.jpg
    20191025_100936.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 18
68537122AA...that's the Front CV Axle PN.

God blessed me and located one (of two in the State of Wisconsin) and it was in my hands two hours after making a call!

A set of 32mm-36mm sockets showed up from Amazon at 8:30am this morning and the Ram was back on the road by 11:30am!!

All is good..except my wallet is $550 lighter because of the smallest error and miniscule cut to the CV boot.

Still, I'm loving the perfect level now, and corners even better than before.

2020 Bighorn 4wd quad-cab. I went with the Eibach pro-truck lift and I believe it was the 2.0 if I’m not mistaken. Coils, rear shocks, adjustable struts and whatnot. I originally wanted something in the neighborhood of 33’s and a hair tougher than stock, but you know how that goes lol.

I’m not a fan of dozing with the brosephs, so the 18” wheel choices are rather limited as you all have become well aware. The space between the caliper and the inside of an 18” wheel is rather nonexistent. And the factory wheel being a positive 19mm leaves nary a fingertip between even the baloney-skin 275’s and the upper ball joint.

I realize there’s probably a whole slew of wheels out there that do fit, but if you’re not into faux bead-locks, or you want a smooth lip, it really does narrow the pool by a lot. We’re kind of limited by offsets as well when it comes to just a simple off-road design. It seems like you either get a +18, a +0, -12, or from there it goes into rock chipping territory.

After a ton of cruising the internet and finally perusing WheelPros website, I finally found a plane-jane wheel in a zero-offset that fit the bill. I decided to wrap them in 285/75/18 BFG KO3 rubber. I wanted a noticeably taller tire than stock, but not cartoonishly wide. As it turns out, I got not noticeably wider, but cartoonishly tall lol. Kidding. Maybe a little. But I’m happy with the results for now and I did not have to trim a darn thing. I may grab the spanner wrench and give the front struts another turn or two after the suspension settles. But here she is. And thanks again for allowing me to fly under the radar and creep the forum lol.
Looking good, you got the exact same size and tires I'm looking at getting when I upgrade mine, I'm team pizza cutter all the way. How are the K03s? I've got K02s right now and they've been great, but wanted to get an opinion on the K03s since they're "all new".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back