5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

cw_mi

Reaction score
Holy crap 10k ?! And i am a little worried about towing half that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

racer3207

Reaction score
Definitely get the bigger bars. I started out with the 10000 pound equalizer bars and hitch head. The hitch had it literally snapped off the shank at the Wells when I was backing it in my driveway. It talked so much that it's snapped it right at the welds but in looking online I've seen that that's happened to several people in the exact same spot in equalizer took it back no problem and sent me a brand new 12,000 lb rated hitch for free so they definitely were aware of this. I'm in the same boat as far as only pulling the big load a few times a year but want the truck has a more comfortable daily driver I'm moving from an avalanche which I love the but doesn't have the towing capacity. I pull my camper to different beaches each week from July to September so even though I use it a lot it only tows 10 times a year

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's a good point, definitely no reason not to get some extra headroom. It will be a better daily driver than a 2500 in my opinion, although the new heavy dutys are definitely a step forward in that direction.

Holy crap 10k ?! And i am a little worried about towing half that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's definitely pushing it for a 1500, but after seeing what they go through to meet the J2807 standards nowadays, I feel comfortable doing it, as long as I get a good weight distribution setup. I wouldn't think twice about towing 5k, the truck will handle that like a champ, as long as you've got it setup well.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes for me the concern is the sway with a large trailer moving the smaller truck more so then having enough power to pull the weight of the trailer

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Viking42

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a very special case, i would need your opinion.

I am in Europe, ordered a RAM through a Canadian importer, well known, good reputation, imports about 100-150 cars a year.

A Longhorn with ramboxes, non-etorque, sunroof, security package, laramie package, 33gallon tank, delmonico red, brown/black interior, and the 4corner air.

So 27th november the importer got confirmation from the canadian dealer the order was okay.

We are now 3 month later and the importer says everyhting is allright and in built but nothing more. I do see that other november/december orders got delivered since long now.
The Importer is stubborn enough to claim he is an "professional" and "VIN are only given out after the production" so this doens't help me track anything.

Shall i start to really challenge the importer an dealer big times, or does my config/ canadian order indeed take quite much longer?

thanks!!

krakenatwork

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a very special case, i would need your opinion.

I am in Europe, ordered a RAM through a Canadian importer, well known, good reputation, imports about 100-150 cars a year.

A Longhorn with ramboxes, non-etorque, sunroof, security package, laramie package, 33gallon tank, delmonico red, brown/black interior, and the 4corner air.

So 27th november the importer got confirmation from the canadian dealer the order was okay.

We are now 3 month later and the importer says everyhting is allright and in built but nothing more. I do see that other november/december orders got delivered since long now.
The Importer is stubborn enough to claim he is an "professional" and "VIN are only given out after the production" so this doens't help me track anything.

Shall i start to really challenge the importer an dealer big times, or does my config/ canadian order indeed take quite much longer?

thanks!!
Yikes. I don't want to alarm you but I ordered my RAM on Feb. 15th and it's already on the verge of being built (I don't have the VIN yet but I should have it by next week or so). ETA: mid april delivered to Quebec City, Canada.

Edit: my RAM is a Big Horn 4X4 crew cab w/6'4" box in patriot blue, in case it makes a difference in the waiting list.

Last edited:

Viking42

Reaction score
Thanks! you have a 2 months estimated lead time,
I'm on 3 months now but didn't get any estimates at start
I guess i should start to panic if it isn't delivered in 2 weeks.

SP97

Reaction score
My order process started in October and I will say that I was surprised at the frequency of option availability fluctuated. I could not get a few things that I wanted so I waited...and waited. finally everything except the pano roof became available mid January and I ordered on Jan 18th. My build date was 2/12 and the truck was delivered to the dealer today. (y) I found that I had to do essentially all the leg work to figure out how I could configure the truck and what came with the truck and what did not. I relied on the sales people for nothing except negotiating the price and placing the order. A vast majority of the sales people could not tell you where the steering wheel is. So, far ( I still need to take delivery so we'll see how that goes) the salesperson I'm working with has been a really good sales person in that they are responsive and kept me informed all along the way. So far so good.

Jr2121

Reaction score
Tell me your thoughts on this. Just bought my RAM today. Limited. Basically fully loaded. Sticker was $68,500

My local dealer got it from a semi-local dealer. Went and got it from a couple hundred miles away. Wasn’t told this, but it showed up with 350 miles on it (not the end of the world). We’ve been having some pretty crappy weather here, so when I go to pick it up at 6pm tonight, it’s warmed up and ready for my inspection. I test drive it, everything is good.
They tell me to look it over as my salesman is finishing up with another client. I have to go in and ask them if they’ll pull it in the service center, because by this point it’s pitch black out and about 3 degrees outside (lovely Iowa). They do, but it is dirty from snow, slush, etc.. I then sit there for 2 hours while the finance guy gets paperwork lined up. When I leave the truck still has the plastic on the seats, no one explained anything to me about the truck, it’s dirty since it just apparently took a 300 mile trip to get here, maybe 1/8 of a tank of gas, and I walk out at 915pm with salesman and a dirty truck.
Am I being an a$$ here? I just feel like if you are dropping $60k on a truck, it should be cleaned up, shining, full tank of gas, and a full service walk through on everything important to know about the truck?

Creep0321

Reaction score
Tell me your thoughts on this. Just bought my RAM today. Limited. Basically fully loaded. Sticker was $68,500

My local dealer got it from a semi-local dealer. Went and got it from a couple hundred miles away. Wasn’t told this, but it showed up with 350 miles on it (not the end of the world). We’ve been having some pretty crappy weather here, so when I go to pick it up at 6pm tonight, it’s warmed up and ready for my inspection. I test drive it, everything is good.
They tell me to look it over as my salesman is finishing up with another client. I have to go in and ask them if they’ll pull it in the service center, because by this point it’s pitch black out and about 3 degrees outside (lovely Iowa). They do, but it is dirty from snow, slush, etc.. I then sit there for 2 hours while the finance guy gets paperwork lined up. When I leave the truck still has the plastic on the seats, no one explained anything to me about the truck, it’s dirty since it just apparently took a 300 mile trip to get here, maybe 1/8 of a tank of gas, and I walk out at 915pm with salesman and a dirty truck.
Am I being an a$$ here? I just feel like if you are dropping $60k on a truck, it should be cleaned up, shining, full tank of gas, and a full service walk through on everything important to know about the truck?
I definitely wouldn’t have left with the truck that night. I would have asked them to clean it up and you’ll pick it up the next day. Just me though.

Viking42

Reaction score
My order process started in October and I will say that I was surprised at the frequency of option availability fluctuated. I could not get a few things that I wanted so I waited...and waited. finally everything except the pano roof became available mid January and I ordered on Jan 18th. My build date was 2/12 and the truck was delivered to the dealer today. (y) I found that I had to do essentially all the leg work to figure out how I could configure the truck and what came with the truck and what did not. I relied on the sales people for nothing except negotiating the price and placing the order. A vast majority of the sales people could not tell you where the steering wheel is. So, far ( I still need to take delivery so we'll see how that goes) the salesperson I'm working with has been a really good sales person in that they are responsive and kept me informed all along the way. So far so good.

Hi,
this is new to me, does it mean December orders may have been delayed in production waiting for Pano roofs?

SP97

Reaction score
Hi,
this is new to me, does it mean December orders may have been delayed in production waiting for Pano roofs?
I don’t know the answer to your question. I would think that it doesn’t necessarily mean that. You could ask your dealer, but they also may not be privy to that info.

dn325ci

Reaction score

It was a trade off. Take it home tonight or let them clean it up in the morning. They surely would have cleaned it up for you if you wanted. I would have taken it home, too.

Truckin

Reaction score
Truck has been built for a few weeks...ETA has changed from first end of February (this was in January) to 3/5 to 4/8 and now 4/11. Maybe just me but something about this seems a bit off...

Jafcy

Reaction score
My RAM seems to have been mostly built over the weekend. Status now JB.
"Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment."
(ordered 1/10/19)
Took delivery 3/1. Love it! Total time from order to delivery was 51 days.

rmw

Reaction score
My truck arrived yesterday. I was genuinely excited to pick it up. As soon as I saw it my excitement disappeared. The pearl paint color on the bed and plastic parts are mismatched. As reported here by others, the bed was a much lighter or whiter shade of pearl than the cab. The plastic parts were another shade all together. So disappointing after waiting for the order and anticipating taking it home. I could not accept the truck. It is just wrong.

Yesterday was gloomy and overcast so pictures really did not capture the mismatch very well. The dealer has been great up until now. They claim to not see what I and my wife see on the truck paint. We will see what happens with the deposit return. I hope they don't add to the disappointment by trying to keep it.

Mismatch front left.jpg

Creep0321

Reaction score
My truck arrived yesterday. I was genuinely excited to pick it up. As soon as I saw it my excitement disappeared. The pearl paint color on the bed and plastic parts are mismatched. As reported here by others, the bed was a much lighter or whiter shade of pearl than the cab. The plastic parts were another shade all together. So disappointing after waiting for the order and anticipating taking it home. I could not accept the truck. It is just wrong.

Yesterday was gloomy and overcast so pictures really did not capture the mismatch very well. The dealer has been great up until now. They claim to not see what I and my wife see on the truck paint. We will see what happens with the deposit return. I hope they don't add to the disappointment by trying to keep it.

View attachment 18793
That’s obvious to me.... good call on not accepting the truck.

rmw

Reaction score
The dealer did return the deposit on my declined order. I am grateful to them for not making that part of my unpleasant experience with FCA's paint error even worse. I found a fully equipped granite crystal metallic limited that had the (Rare for this area) 33 gal tank on it and bought that truck. A bunch of stuff came on it I really didn't want but I was under duress. My wife said she couldn't stand the thought of having to live with me another nine weeks waiting on a re-order. Actually, it was more like, "Go find a truck and don't come home without one". I only have a couple hundred miles on it but it seems to be a good one.

Last edited:

racer3207

Reaction score
Just got the call that my truck is at the dealer! I'm going to wait until Saturday to pick it up, though, want to give myself plenty of time to go over it all in detail, and I won't be able to get out of work early this week. Killing me to wait the rest of the week, but I think it's the best thing to do.

Truckin

Reaction score
Ordered (changed order) 12/31 and took her home Friday (3/15) night! Everything perfect so far (290 miles) and already have new BFG KO2's (265/75R20) installed, removed power running boards and added Ram Off Road style running boards. Thursday will give her a 'clear bra' and tint...
Love the new truck but have to say I do miss my 16' Lonestar just a bit...Kinda of like changing girlfriends lol...

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered (changed order) 12/31 and took her home Friday (3/15) night! Everything perfect so far (290 miles) and already have new BFG KO2's (265/75R20) installed, removed power running boards and added Ram Off Road style running boards. Thursday will give her a 'clear bra' and tint...
Love the new truck but have to say I do miss my 16' Lonestar just a bit...Kinda of like changing girlfriends lol...
@Truckin would love to see pics of the KO2's on 20" stock rims w/o lift. I am seriously thinking of the same. How's the highway drive and sound?

Users who are viewing this thread