5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram With Mopar 2" Lift Kit and Fuel 35's

Buzzard69

Reaction score
RustBeltMechanic,
Thanks you for sharing! I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Sport with the Off-Road package (supposed to have a factory installed 1" lift kit). My local 4-wheel shop said that's bogus. They are recommending a DayStar 2.5" front leveling with a 1" rear lift, and I'm told I can run 35" tires. I'm weary since I can't find where DayStar offers anything for the 2019 RAM 1500 yet. I'm kind of hung up on going with the 2" Mopar lift since I'm suppose to have a 1" lift already. Another $2000 to gain 1" extra is hard to swallow. Decisions, decisions. Do you know anything about the Mopar factory installed 1" lift? I know the 2019 RAM Rebel has the same set-up as mine but comes with 33" Duratrac tires, so I figure I can run at least 33" tires. Could I run a 275/65R20 (34.5") or 275/60R20 (34") with this current set-up of 1" lift?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RustBeltMechanic,
Thanks you for sharing! I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Sport with the Off-Road package (supposed to have a factory installed 1" lift kit). My local 4-wheel shop said that's bogus. They are recommending a DayStar 2.5" front leveling with a 1" rear lift, and I'm told I can run 35" tires. I'm weary since I can't find where DayStar offers anything for the 2019 RAM 1500 yet. I'm kind of hung up on going with the 2" Mopar lift since I'm suppose to have a 1" lift already. Another $2000 to gain 1" extra is hard to swallow. Decisions, decisions. Do you know anything about the Mopar factory installed 1" lift? I know the 2019 RAM Rebel has the same set-up as mine but comes with 33" Duratrac tires, so I figure I can run at least 33" tires. Could I run a 275/65R20 (34.5") or 275/60R20 (34") with this current set-up of 1" lift?

I'm running 275/65 BFG KO2s with nothing but a leveling kit. I also put those tires on before getting it leveled and had no fitment issues at all with the stock suspension.
From what I've researched, the 1" lift comes in the form of a longer spring. A 2.5" leveling kit on top of that may put cv joints and ball joints in a bind as it would be 3.5" of lift. Look up Readylift's 3.5" kit and watch their video. They show a photo of the front suspension after it is installed. If you are comfortable with those angles then you would be ok as that is essentially what yours would look like with a 2.5" kit.

As far as Daystar not having anything for the 2019, don't worry about it. The strut assembly did not change so companies are using the exact same spacers as the 4th gens. When I received my 2" strut spacer from Readylift, the packaging was still for the 4th gens and did not reflect that it would fit the 2019s, but it went right on.

Reaction score
RustBeltMechanic,

The Mopar Lift Kit only days it’s not compatible with the air suspension trucks and the rebel trucks. The 2” Lift Kit can definitely fit 35” tires with the right wheels, check out my first 2019 1500 I did, which had full 35’s. And I would go with the kit because of not only the extra lift but the ride as well. I will promise you won’t be disappointed. At work we matched up the truck we lifted and put 35” Nitto ridggrapplers on compared to a $62k limited with air suspension... every single salesman and tech said the truck with the Mopar Lift Kit and 35’s rode better than the air suspension truck by far. I only went with the slightly smaller tires this time because I went with a wheel with a bigger offset and was not wanting to rub but could’ve still gone one size larger.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Mopar lift yet am still on my oem 18” wheels as I suck when it comes to picking out new wheels/ tires lol. I love how it drives now as opposed to when I first got it. Seems to ride so much smoother now.

Marty3374

Reaction score
lets see some pics
Posted a new Video on installation and checking all of the Mopar 2" lift kit on a dark grey 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn. Sits on Fuel wheels, 35x11.5 Nitto Ridgegrapplers. Lemme know what you guys think of the truck and what could make it better/more appealing. Were gonna add the mopar static running boards as well.
Did the 2” lift level the truck? I couldnt tell from the pix

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will the Readylift 3.5” kit work with the off-road package? No where does it say on their website “not for offroad package or rebel”. I’m concerned as I already bought the kit and my truck has the off-road package

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will the Readylift 3.5” kit work with the off-road package? No where does it say on their website “not for offroad package or rebel”. I’m concerned as I already bought the kit and my truck has the off-road package
Technically yes, but that turns it into a 4.5" lift over stock. Your cv angles will likely be pretty rough, who knows how the lower ball joint will hold up. It could possibly cause some issues down the road.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been researching these kits for a while and don’t know how I didn’t foresee this. I dropped the truck off to get the kit installed tomorrow morning. Thinking I may need to cancel and rethink this

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been researching these kits for a while and don’t know how I didn’t foresee this. I dropped the truck off to get the kit installed tomorrow morning. Thinking I may need to cancel and rethink this
I would just do the Readylift leveling kit with control arms. Gives you 3" over stock and no worry of messing something up.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. This part I totally agree with. Stop the process before it even begins in my opinion.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I was going to start a thread today with all the details. I paused the install while I got more information from Readylift. They claimed they have recently installed this on a customers truck with the off road package and that it fit without any issues. They did recommend that I measure the distance from my wheel center to the bottom of the wheel well opening. If that dimension was greater than 22” to not install the pre-load spacer in the strut. My dimension on my truck was a little over 23” so I exceeded the max dimension to install the kit. We ended up installing everything but the preload spacer. It looks good and rides perfect. I still have about a 2” rake. I’ll post some pics and put more detail in a thread as I think there is a lot of confusion on this issue. Readylift really needs to look into this further and clarify this in the description of this kit. Their technical service was very helpful and I spoke to them three different times in a short period of time. They were however, not willing to credit me back for the preload spacer that is still in the box.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now see that’s good news and not good news. I’m glad it worked out for you, but as a good faith gesture they should have refunded that spacer money once you returned it. For me I still have the factory rake and I am ok with it for now. Personally I’m still waiting to see what BDS comes out with.

Not that I am implying they are better, just they are what I had in a couple of my other trucks.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now see that’s good news and not good news. I’m glad it worked out for you, but as a good faith gesture they should have refunded that spacer money once you returned it. For me I still have the factory rake and I am ok with it for now. Personally I’m still waiting to see what BDS comes out with.

Not that I am implying they are better, just they are what I had in a couple of my other trucks.
I bought this kit before I got my truck. My last truck had a 4” lift and I wanted something comparable. I was actually really surprised when I saw my truck for the first time. The factory 1” lift was very noticeable. I second guessed lifting it. Overall, it’s still a low cost option and doesn’t kill the ride. Down the road I may do something different. I am still amazed that there are not more offerings out there yet for a true lift kit. Trucks been out for 8 months. I am really glad I did some more digging and listened to the advice on this forum. I would of hated to take the truck apart again and removed parts.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought this kit before I got my truck. My last truck had a 4” lift and I wanted something comparable. I was actually really surprised when I saw my truck for the first time. The factory 1” lift was very noticeable. I second guessed lifting it. Overall, it’s still a low cost option and doesn’t kill the ride. Down the road I may do something different. I am still amazed that there are not more offerings out there yet for a true lift kit. Trucks been out for 8 months. I am really glad I did some more digging and listened to the advice on this forum. I would of hated to take the truck apart again and removed parts.
We will see more options come Sema. They will want to show em off there. I thought about waiting for other options for a true lift kit, but I'll never be taking the truck offroad so the Readylift SST will be just fine for me.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We will see more options come Sema. They will want to show em off there. I thought about waiting for other options for a true lift kit, but I'll never be taking the truck offroad so the Readylift SST will be just fine for me.
That was my thought as well. I spend most of the time on the highway so I wanted it mostly for looks.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was my thought as well. I spend most of the time on the highway so I wanted it mostly for looks.
I've already got their leveling kit and control arms. I need to call and see what they will charge for the rest of the kit.

Marty3374

Reaction score
Technically yes, but that turns it into a 4.5" lift over stock. Your cv angles will likely be pretty rough, who knows how the lower ball joint will hold up. It could possibly cause some issues down the road.
When I was reading on the Readylift sst it said it lifted the front 3.5 and the back 2” which leveled the truck. Is that not correct? I ordered the kit but maybe should cancel I dont want a 4.5 lift I have a rebel

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was reading on the Readylift sst it said it lifted the front 3.5 and the back 2” which leveled the truck. Is that not correct? I ordered the kit but maybe should cancel I dont want a 4.5 lift I have a rebel
That is correct, but the Rebel already has a one inch lift, giving you a total of 4.5 inches over a stock truck.

Users who are viewing this thread