5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram With Mopar 2" Lift Kit and Fuel 35's

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By standard I mean what would typically come on a truck
3.21s are the default option, so that is probably it. Do a few searches on the forum for 35s and 3.21s and you will see mixed answers. Some people are running it just fine, others have issues. A few people say they don't have the issues switching between 7 and 8 on the highway. I'm on the fence on the subject too as I want to do a 6" lift with 35s but I have the 3.21s. Luckily I have some time to decide what I want to do. You can always disable 8th gear with the gear limit selector on the steering wheel if you find it annoying or problematic.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up… I took a look at my spec sheet from when I ordered the truck and I did get the 3.21. I did see some of the mixed reviews but wanted to ask you if you heard anything about the Diablo pulsar? I see some mixed reviews on it but I actually have the Diablo on my 14 right now and it didn’t make a difference although a lot of it comes with the throttle positioning sensor I think. I called up the tech line at Diablo today and the gentleman I spoke to said that if you change your tire size through the pulsar it actually helps with the gearshifting at a different time then maybe it normally would be with the smaller ones. I think there’s also a way to change the ratios around too? The only thing that sucks about it is that it actually says their device disables MDS which would be great but you and I know the only way to do that is to use the gear limiter. I really want to put 35s on my truck work but will sacrifice and go to a 295/60/20’s if need be. My truck won’t be here for three weeks so I have time too

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up… I took a look at my spec sheet from when I ordered the truck and I did get the 3.21. I did see some of the mixed reviews but wanted to ask you if you heard anything about the Diablo pulsar? I see some mixed reviews on it but I actually have the Diablo on my 14 right now and it didn’t make a difference although a lot of it comes with the throttle positioning sensor I think. I called up the tech line at Diablo today and the gentleman I spoke to said that if you change your tire size through the pulsar it actually helps with the gearshifting at a different time then maybe it normally would be with the smaller ones. I think there’s also a way to change the ratios around too? The only thing that sucks about it is that it actually says their device disables MDS which would be great but you and I know the only way to do that is to use the gear limiter. I really want to put 35s on my truck work but will sacrifice and go to a 295/60/20’s if need be. My truck won’t be here for three weeks so I have time too
Actually, I just bought a Pulsar and put it on my truck. Here is a link to my thread with my thoughts on it. Read both of my posts in the thread. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/pulsar.6200/

Another member here says that it does not help with the gear shifting as it doesn't change shift points. I haven't noticed any shift point changes the 2 days I've been using it. However, you can always put the actual truck in it's own tow/haul mode(not the pulsar). This DOES change when it shifts gears and keeps the truck in the more powerful RPM range. I have not used this mode much but it does make a noticeable difference. However, I have yet to get the truck into 8th gear with it and my 34" tires, but I haven't had a chance to use it on the highway much at 65+.

The Pulsar is a neat tool and I will report more on it once I am able to get a fresh tank of 93 gas and play in performance mode. It takes the dead spot out of the throttle even on tow mode which is nice. Between correcting the speedometer and taking the lag out of the throttle, it does do exactly what I was wanting so I will likely end up keeping it. If it was in the $300-$350 range it would be a no brainer. I got mine for $450.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know thanks and I’ll be sure to check it out. The guy at Diablo today said that the shift points change just by changing your tire size whether that’s true or not will be told. I was also speaking with a reputable company by my house today and the owner told me that dodges computer or ECU you actually learns how to drive the way you like to. I’m not sure about that… I can’t wait to get my truck and hopefully I can figure out what size tires to by then

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you even feel a difference when you are in the stock selling? I have the Diablo tuner which is a little bit different on my 14 and I like that one because you can actually change some of the parameters but that’s not the case on the pulsar I see

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know thanks and I’ll be sure to check it out. The guy at Diablo today said that the shift points change just by changing your tire size whether that’s true or not will be told. I was also speaking with a reputable company by my house today and the owner told me that dodges computer or ECU you actually learns how to drive the way you like to. I’m not sure about that… I can’t wait to get my truck and hopefully I can figure out what size tires to by then
Shift points go by rpm, tire size doesn't change that. Whether you have 32s on or 35s, 2000 rpm is 2000 rpm. Tire size will change the speedometer, but that is it. The computer does seem to learn your driving habits.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you even feel a difference when you are in the stock selling? I have the Diablo tuner which is a little bit different on my 14 and I like that one because you can actually change some of the parameters but that’s not the case on the pulsar I see
You can definitely tell a difference between the stock setting and tow/haul or performance. It increases overall drivability big time.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can definitely tell a difference between the stock setting and tow/haul or performance. It increases overall drivability big time.
Good Stuff....I may just put on 34’s to stay conservative...and that way no issues....

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Stuff....I may just put on 34’s to stay conservative...and that way no issues....
I'm debating doing the same thing when it's time for new rubber. 34s and a 4" lift.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I just read that supposedly the Diablo Pulsar can change the gear ratio based off of the tire size....Have you heard ant reviews? That would be bonus if it works.

• Calibrate Speedometer for Gear Ratio - Y
  • Calibrate Speedo for Tire Size - Y

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey I just read that supposedly the Diablo Pulsar can change the gear ratio based off of the tire size....Have you heard ant reviews? That would be bonus if it works.

• Calibrate Speedometer for Gear Ratio - Y
  • Calibrate Speedo for Tire Size - Y
You can calibrate gear ratio, but I can't say what it does. Gear ratio is going to have nothing to do with the speedometer being off as that is based on tire size.

someguy

Reaction score
You can calibrate gear ratio, but I can't say what it does. Gear ratio is going to have nothing to do with the speedometer being off as that is based on tire size.

Tires are part of the overall gear ratio.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn’t installing the 2” mopar lift kit also level the truck?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not at all, how your truck comes is how it will be after adding that 2”. Trust me I can speak of personal experience. If you want your truck leveled, then add a spacer to the front and call it done.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not at all, how your truck comes is how it will be after adding that 2”. Trust me I can speak of personal experience. If you want your truck leveled, then add a spacer to the front and call it done.
So could I install the mopar 2” lift and a spacer in the front to level it? I’m new to this stuff let alone a truck. Any help will be helpful. Love the price of the rough country lift but thinking about going with the mopar lift due to warranty not being affected. At least I hope it won’t.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Some have done that but again now you are messing with something designed to work as is. As far as warranty wise that’s a catch 22 with things. I’ve done stuff to trucks where I needed to take it in for warranty work and no issues. Then again I’ve had buddies with the same deal be denied. What exactly are you looking to achieve with this ?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some have done that but again now you are messing with something designed to work as is. As far as warranty wise that’s a catch 22 with things. I’ve done stuff to trucks where I needed to take it in for warranty work and no issues. Then again I’ve had buddies with the same deal be denied. What exactly are you looking to achieve with this ?
All I want to do is use my existing 22” wheels (black appearance) with some off road tires. Am thinking of the Nitto grapplers 35’s. I’m not sure if they will rub or what. And I like the leveled look but done mind the rake look as well.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I saw that one gent put AT tires on his 22” wheels and was stock. Again not sure exactly what he had suspension wise though.

PorBoy

Reaction score
See I’m a little guy as I only have 18x9 wheels paired with A/T tires on mine. C9DFF539-5490-4645-A92F-53235819345C.jpeg

dsuarez21

Reaction score
Posted a new Video on installation and checking all of the Mopar 2" lift kit on a dark grey 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn. Sits on Fuel wheels, 35x11.5 Nitto Ridgegrapplers. Lemme know what you guys think of the truck and what could make it better/more appealing. Were gonna add the mopar static running boards as well.
I have a 2019 with 35x12.5 22 what lift kit should I get, is the 2 inch ok or should I go with more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online