5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram Rebel Lemon...how can I give it back?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try to keep an open mind because it will allow you to enjoy the truck more. If you keep thinking about trading it or getting out of it in the fall, it will make it harder to enjoy it IMO. There will (almost) always be issues with newer vehicles with all the technology and quality control. Some more than others. You can have it with any brand. If things come up, you can get smart on those issues here and go into your dealer armed with the info so you can help them help you. That said, if issues continue to plague you, you can always trade it in down the road. Hopefully things will be good for you moving forward!

eagle59

Reaction score
I’ve read possibilities:
- dead battery
- eTorque
- abs electrical glitch
- ground
Better beware of any Dodge Dealer now days. They may 'say' their mechanics are trained, but most are not. They can not deal with Uconnect issues at all. There are so many recalls on Dodge Rams it is pathetic. Battery quality control is the WORST in any car history. Dodge can not even diagnose the new Gel Batteries. Even when they are bad the dealer has to fake it in order to obtain a replacement battery. There is a huge back log of getting a gel battery replaced on a new truck. AT LEAST one month. Think I am making this up? Ask a dealer who will be honest. I just spent a LARGE amount of money on a new Dodge Ram and the dealers can't even handle anything dealing with this truck. The head of the service told me good luck on getting any parts for Dodge at this time. So now many of us have a NEW truck that is not usable. WE just won one lawsuit with our ECO diesel and I suspect we will have to file another for this RAM. It is a sorry state that one has to do this in order to be treated with respect. There is NOT ONE 'social media' person on this website that could actually be honest with anyone. So beware.

OldSkull

Reaction score
My 2019 Rebel has been plagued with electrical issues and has gotten 8 City 13 Highway since the day I got it. Been towed to the dealer twice for not starting. They said it was a loose strap the first time and a loose bolt the next. Dealer mechanic told me it takes 15,000 miles to break it in LOL.
I asked them to replace it for another new left over 2018 Ram and crunch the numbers so I didn’t take to big of a hit, and they won’t.
I’m done with Ram. Done with my dealer. I’ll trade it in the fall for another make and take the hit. It’s unreliable and the bad Gas mileage makes it unusually to tow my Father’s Camper or Boat. Pretty disappointed about the whole situation.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Reaction score
OldSkull, any updates on this? I can relate to your issues. My economy numbers have been atrocious. Of course I didn't expect the EPA numbers, but I typically get around 12 with a mix of city and hwy. Even just cruising at 65-70 and not keeping up with traffic the best I've ever seen is maybe 16. It's simply unacceptable that I often see 12-13 on the hwy.....without towing anything.

On another note, I also have a mildew smell that seems to come from the air vents. Any remedy there? For me, it does it worse after some rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/