5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound system

EskimoPolo

Reaction score
Can someone please point out where exactly the 19 speakers are inside the cabin? I am not counting 19. Thank you.

Loyal Ram

Reaction score
Just replaced the corner dash speakers and Damn what a difference with the Infinity ref 3032 cfx

Attachments

• 8BE13D73-F3F5-4B16-873A-A36CE9246E83.jpeg
    8BE13D73-F3F5-4B16-873A-A36CE9246E83.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 115
  • D1FC2000-4338-47FA-B39B-4B738751169C.jpeg
    D1FC2000-4338-47FA-B39B-4B738751169C.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 112

Loyal Ram

Reaction score
Was it an easy swap?

John
Very easy just pop off the covers and 2 7mm bolt/screws I was able to use a ratchet to loosen the screws closes to the windshield and then used a wrench. They come with base blockers that I soldered to the positive side or can be connected by cremp connectors but I suggest to purchase the metra 72-7902 speaker wiring adapters to make it really simple. They come free if you order from Crutchfield.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I have to agree! I'm a new 1500 Limited owner and couldn't be more pleased with the HK stereo.

I gotta say - as someone who typically blows OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF $$ on my mobile audio (and I have $5k of Focal, Moscone & JLA Sub I pulled out of my last car), and am also a live sound & recording engineer (another obscenely expensive hobby) - I'm still on the fence about tearing my nice Limited apart to put my existing hardware in (with some upgrades/mods).

Now - coming out of a car system that sounded better than my home system (Klipsch LaScala 2's - bi-amped, Klipsch 15" Powered Sub for front/music channels) - can I HEAR the shortcomings of this HK system? Of course I can - there's always ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. But frankly - even knowing the difference putting in my stuff would make, not sure that I want to throw away my interior storage with 3 amps, and sub(s).

The simple upgrade of the Infinity that folks have been describing (and personally, especially for the $$, infinity speakers are some of the most "musical sounding" speakers) - or just leaving the damn thing ALONE. Of COURSE the thing would sound better with all my stuff in it. But at the sacrifice of most/all of my interior storage?

I say the same thing, when I want to mess with the exhaust system - yeah, it would be badazz to drop a Borla or Magna in - but the truck is so quiet and comfortable. Do I want to screw that up?

But honestly - even being 95% $$-wise there with existing gear - I'm pleasantly pleased with the HK system. This could change down the road (only had the truck for a month), but for now, I'm happy to leave well enough alone. I'm almost afraid to visit my installer, because he might talk me into doing the upgrades anyways.

I got this truck as an alternative to an "upscale SUV" - and frankly, nothing I drove comes close to this new RAM (except for the F-150 Platinum with the diesel - CLOSE, but no cigar). FCA is missing a key market segment by not having a full sized SUV based on the 1500 chassis. The Durango while nice - also doesn't come close to my Limited - it was too cramped in the interior (though if any dealer down here had an SRT on the lot, I might have been swayed).

I have to keep saying "don't screw with it, don't screw with it" to myself - because I LOVE SCREWING WITH THINGS.

Rick

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta say - as someone who typically blows OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF $$ on my mobile audio (and I have $5k of Focal, Moscone & JLA Sub I pulled out of my last car), and am also a live sound & recording engineer (another obscenely expensive hobby) - I'm still on the fence about tearing my nice Limited apart to put my existing hardware in (with some upgrades/mods).

Now - coming out of a car system that sounded better than my home system (Klipsch LaScala 2's - bi-amped, Klipsch 15" Powered Sub for front/music channels) - can I HEAR the shortcomings of this HK system? Of course I can - there's always ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT. But frankly - even knowing the difference putting in my stuff would make, not sure that I want to throw away my interior storage with 3 amps, and sub(s).

The simple upgrade of the Infinity that folks have been describing (and personally, especially for the $$, infinity speakers are some of the most "musical sounding" speakers) - or just leaving the damn thing ALONE. Of COURSE the thing would sound better with all my stuff in it. But at the sacrifice of most/all of my interior storage?

I say the same thing, when I want to mess with the exhaust system - yeah, it would be badazz to drop a Borla or Magna in - but the truck is so quiet and comfortable. Do I want to screw that up?

But honestly - even being 95% $$-wise there with existing gear - I'm pleasantly pleased with the HK system. This could change down the road (only had the truck for a month), but for now, I'm happy to leave well enough alone. I'm almost afraid to visit my installer, because he might talk me into doing the upgrades anyways.

I got this truck as an alternative to an "upscale SUV" - and frankly, nothing I drove comes close to this new RAM (except for the F-150 Platinum with the diesel - CLOSE, but no cigar). FCA is missing a key market segment by not having a full sized SUV based on the 1500 chassis. The Durango while nice - also doesn't come close to my Limited - it was too cramped in the interior (though if any dealer down here had an SRT on the lot, I might have been swayed).

I have to keep saying "don't screw with it, don't screw with it" to myself - because I LOVE SCREWING WITH THINGS.

Rick
I feel much the same way. Can the quality be improved? Oh, heck yeah. Did H/K manage to deliver a decent-sounding system on a limited supplier budget? Yes, they sure did.

ddharris

Reaction score
How much of the HK system is actually made by HK? I have the Alpine system and the only thing Alpine appears to be the center speaker cover with Alpine badge. The speakers are FCA made. Maybe the system layout was designed by Alpine but the system is chrysler.

ddharris

Reaction score

Good read for all the Harmon Kardon Ram owners. Things will never sound they same as it used to when we installed our own stereos that made your ears bleed but maybe we're not a true " soundstage".

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rick
That's so much on point with my feelings and I came out of a Mercedes Benz GL 450 after 5 different Chevy Tahoes. I just can't see making changes because I can't rationalize the bang for the buck. After moving to the Ram 1500 Limited, FCA is really missing that full-size SUV market. I hear about the new 2020 Jeep Grand Wagoneer based on the new 1500 and it can't happen fast enough.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
That's so much on point with my feelings and I came out of a Mercedes Benz GL 450 after 5 different Chevy Tahoes. I just can't see making changes because I can't rationalize the bang for the buck. After moving to the Ram 1500 Limited, FCA is really missing that full-size SUV market. I hear about the new 2020 Jeep Grand Wagoneer based on the new 1500 and it can't happen fast enough.

Not sure the Jeep is going to come up to the level of comfort/luxury that the limited managed to pull off. With my fully optioned (4X2) Limited stickering at $67K - I can't see them doing an SUV at that level, and staying under $75-80K

I never really cared for the Jeep body styling - which is why I'd find find a Ram 1500 SUV more appealing.

But I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

Rick

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure the Jeep is going to come up to the level of comfort/luxury that the limited managed to pull off. With my fully optioned (4X2) Limited stickering at $67K - I can't see them doing an SUV at that level, and staying under $75-80K

I never really cared for the Jeep body styling - which is why I'd find find a Ram 1500 SUV more appealing.

But I'll be keeping my eye out for it.

Rick
It's hard to keep a Yukon Denali below $80K, and an Escalade below $90K. There's a market for a "Grand Wagoneer" if they make it grand enough ;)

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's why I went from the Tahoe to the MB 450 GL. It worked out to be about 3K difference in cost.

mlgreen

Reaction score
Supposedly the next gen Durango will be a full size Ram based suv. Basically a Dodge version of the Wagoneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brewdad

Reaction score
Supposedly the next gen Durango will be a full size Ram based suv. Basically a Dodge version of the Wagoneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct sir and the current Durango will be replaced by the new gen three row Grand Cherokee late next year or early 2021 last I heard.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the thread drift: So it sounds like there will be 2 full-size SUV's based on the new 1500, the Jeep Grand Wagoneer and the new Durango? Just some different sheet metal and trims? Not really sure why they wouldn't just do this under the Ram branding. I'd be looking really hard at a full-size SUV with an interior like my Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread