5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 MOD INSTALL/REVIEW VIDEOS

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's my YouTube channel for videos of aftermarket parts and other vehicle accessory videos please Subscribe if you would like more videos added weekly thank you!

Here's a video of the aFe magnum cold air intake
Here's a install video for you guys that want you install a pulsar and have a visual reference.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you talking about both resonators, or just one ?
Two. The ones behind the exhaust tips.

There are actually four resonators, two on each side, front and rear. I’ve heard many people say the resonator delete doesn’t change the sound too noticeably from the outside. The biggest difference is the “drone” it eliminates because it is designed to filter out the low end frequencies. I believe the main reason most people delete them is because they have weep holes which allow air to escape and it causes a weird sound when mds activates. So some people delete them, others weld the weep holes (which can lead to rusting at the weld joints) and others just do a complete catback...which eliminates the resonators and gives you larger and straighter pipes (most of the time). That’s what “I think”. I haven’t heard the difference in person between resonators in vs out

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, resonators are what help the most on drone for our trucks with a stock or aftermarket muffler. To clarify, we only have 3 resonators. 1 pre muffler & 2 post muffler. I would take a educated assumption that the front of muffler resonator does the most work.
If you delete muffler to straight pipe probably still not to bad. Remove rear resonators will notice drone. Remove front resonator with that combo and it’s drone city.

Sorry Don, thank you for the post(s) and hard work not trying to hack your thread. Just trying to help clarify
(y)

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, resonators are what help the most on drone for our trucks with a stock or aftermarket muffler. To clarify, we only have 3 resonators. 1 pre muffler & 2 post muffler. I would take a educated assumption that the front of muffler resonator does the most work.
If you delete muffler to straight pipe probably still not to bad. Remove rear resonators will notice drone. Remove front resonator with that combo and it’s drone city.

Sorry Don, thank you for the post(s) and hard work not trying to hack your thread. Just trying to help clarify
(y)
Well I'm just gonna stick with my set up cause I don't want drone! Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread