5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Limited ... the worst truck I've owned

Celtics389

Reaction score
I'm about three years into ownership now with 95k miles on my truck now.

Less than a year into ownership, my dashboard began to bubble up and slowly peel off on my $60k truck. I had the entire dashboard replaced under warranty back in 2020 and a few months later ... the bubbling began again and no dealership would fix or replace it since I wast past my 36k mile warranty & my extended warranty through mopar wouldn't cover it. Today, the dash looks absolutely terrible.

20221121_154449.jpg

20221121_154458.jpg
I also recently had to go about a month without my truck due to a cracked exhaust manifold needing to be replaced. The tech at the dealership said that apparently evap leaks and cracked exhaust manifolds on these trucks are common because of the "**** poor design" we've still been battling finding what's going on with my truck now because I had the P4056 & P219A code pop up again even after changing the exhaust manifold. The whole cab stinks of gas if I fill up above 3/4 of a tank.

Aside from those two issues, the trucks had random issues throughout ownership. The usb ports under the large screen just stop working randomly. The auto start stop randomly says it needs servicing and the techs don't know why it does that apparently. I've changed spark plugs & coil pack boots but still get terrible fuel economy too.

Honestly, I'll never buy Ram again after this. The customer service is terrible and the truck just feels like poor build quality for what's supposed to be a "luxury truck". Never had any issues like this with my Platinum F-150.

Phippy

Reaction score
Had a similar experience with my Ford 2018 XLT. Dashboard warped around year one Ford did step up replaced it unfortunately the new lasted 10 months before the warping started. That along with the clunky 10 speed that's been updated with all the firmware put me back into a Ram as I've never had any issues with my 2010 & 15.
I will add the leather warping on the Limiteds definitely swayed my decision on a nicely equipped Laramie Night Edition. Goodluck with your truck.

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s crazy with the dash. Is the truck parked outside all the time with extreme heat?

Users who are viewing this thread