5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lets be clear, this is a stability part for on road use. This will stiffen the rear end and limit articulation off road. Per usual the factory part is a happy medium.
That is a valid point for those who are going to be off-roading with their trucks. Thanks for mentioning it. Like any other mod; it has give and take. My Truck is a pavement-pounder 90% of the time; so it suits me fine. The maybe 10% of time it will see any off-road it will just be dirt roads and mud holes where articulation isn't much concern. For others though; this may not be the case so its a good thing that you brought it up.(y)

KidCutti

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with the supplied bolts being the wrong thread (to big) for the factory mounts? I had to use the factory bolts but there’s some play in it due to the smaller diameter. I purchased the lift version.
I can confirm that I had the wrong bolts for the lifted version. I contacted them about the issue so hopefully this will get resolved..maybe..hopefully..well, don’t know because I got no response back. I’m running sport 22’s wrapped in 35” Toyo M/Ts with the Mopar lift + 1/2” front strut spacers and the Hellwig and this thing is a dream to drive. I look forward to my commute every day. These are nice trucks!

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Ram should have put a sway bar like this on our trucks to begin with. It really improves the handling. I don’t think I could go back to the stock sway bar after having the Helwig

Todd1500

Reaction score
Anyone use it off-road? Curious how it impacts that situation. The factory version is a compromise for all situations, while the HellWig is aimed at street usage.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Anyone use it off-road? Curious how it impacts that situation. The factory version is a compromise for all situations, while the HellWig is aimed at street usage.
Should be totally fine.

In fact, I would venture to say, better than the stock sway bar.
You don't need that much more articulation for 95% of situations these trucks will ever see.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well, looks like another must have mod!! This will come in the new year. Thanks for helping me spend my money wisely peeps(y)
Don’t mention it... :p
Really, this should be OE. You won’t regret it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what I’ve read, with out first hand knowledge. I would have to agree with ‘should of been oem’!!
What adjustment everyone running at? I see mostly middle hole

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I’ve read, with out first hand knowledge. I would have to agree with ‘should of been oem’!!
What adjustment everyone running at? I see mostly middle hole
With my combo of rough roads and the ORG, I’m running at the “softest” setting. It’s a nice balance of control with compliance.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
I run mine in the firmest setting but you should experiment. It just takes a minute to switch positions

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Middle as well. Tried firmest hole for some time but rough roads made the rear end pop side to side a bit too harshly for me.

Bobkid

Reaction score
Thanks a lot folks. I was doing so well resisting the urge to keep upgrading a brand new Rebel, but y’all broke down my resistance and my new bar will be here Friday. Crap, now I’ve gotta buy the wife something to offset my purchase.

768mph

Reaction score
I‘ve tried all three settings and settled on softest. [start rant here] Houston roads are atrocious thanks to a history of do-nothing liberal mayors, so... [/end rant here]. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Im from Houston, TX but currently stationed in Missouri. (Roads are amazing here)

Visit Louisiana, Oklahoma and Ohio, then report back on atrocious roads. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread