5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Not one bit. It just doesn't lean over when you're turning. Now I expect that off road comfort will change but that's not comfortable to start with.
Awesome. I’ve been thinking about getting one for a long time since ride-wise, the roll while turning is the only downside on our trucks.

This is the one you got correct?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome. I’ve been thinking about getting one for a long time since ride-wise, the roll while turning is the only downside on our trucks.

This is the one you got correct?

View attachment 32024

Yep. Bolts right on and Amazon delivered next day. I did reuse the Ram bolts since they are 10.9 and not torqued heavy instead of the allen wrench bolts Hellwig supplied.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yep. Bolts right on and Amazon delivered next day. I did reuse the Ram bolts since they are 10.9 and not torqued heavy instead of the allen wrench bolts Hellwig supplied.
Thanks. Just ordered it. Will arrive on Wednesday. :D

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
absolutely LOVE my Hellwig sway bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That alone felt great compared to stock. Add the fact of my wheel spacers with the Hellwig rear sway bar giving me a few more inches of base side to side---feels great going around curves or on/off ramps here in Florida.

Took some back roads in Pennsylvania about a week ago and it felt good and tight on twisties in the mountains. Definitely reduces the "roll" you feel in stock truck.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
absolutely LOVE my Hellwig sway bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That alone felt great compared to stock. Add the fact of my wheel spacers with the Hellwig rear sway bar giving me a few more inches of base side to side---feels great going around curves or on/off ramps here in Florida.

Took some back roads in Pennsylvania about a week ago and it felt good and tight on twisties in the mountains. Definitely reduces the "roll" you feel in stock truck.

What setting are you using?

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
What setting are you using?
LMAO!!! jloop ya made me just go do some work. I was 99% sure but had to go out and look under vehicle to be 100% sure that I am in the middle notch/setting.

I need to rotate my tires (overdue) so I will recheck my wheel spacers in the process will go to the third setting to compare the difference. I was supposed to change it to the third setting a few weeks after install but some of everything else got in the way.

J4U

Reaction score
Installed mine this weekend and put it in the middle setting. Wow...can't believe I haven't done this before!

Even the simplest turning into the driveway from the street was eye opening. Wonder what the strongest setting would be like. Overjoyed with the middle but curiosity may get the best of me.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
I definitely will try the third setting as I can say I now have the "seat of my pants" feeling on what the 2nd setting has provided me. Having family coming down here to Florida so it may be couple of weeks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, ahead of schedule. Just finished the install, and all I can say is wow!!! Handles so much better!!!
From the time I opened the box until I finished torquing the last bolt, it took me 38 minutes. I set it on the stiffest setting.

Everyone should do this...

IMG_3183.jpeg IMG_3184.jpeg IMG_3185.jpeg IMG_3186.jpeg IMG_3187.jpeg IMG_3188.jpeg IMG_3189.jpeg IMG_3191.jpeg

Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine arrived today, ahead of schedule. Just finished the install, and all I can say is wow!!! Handles so much better!!!
From the time I opened the box until I finished torquing the last bolt, it took me 38 minutes. I set it on the stiffest setting.

Everyone should do this...

View attachment 32259 View attachment 32260 View attachment 32261 View attachment 32262 View attachment 32263 View attachment 32264 View attachment 32265 View attachment 32266 View attachment 32267

Did you start with the firmest setting? Does it make the truck feel rougher over bumps or anything? I'm ordering mine tonight.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Did you start with the firmest setting? Does it make the truck feel rougher over bumps or anything? I'm ordering mine tonight.
Yes, started on the firmest setting. It does feel a tad more firm on the back, but in a good way. I will keep it on this setting for the time being. It does feel like a totally different truck now.

Let me know if you have any questions about the install, although a Caveman could do this...
If you don’t have Allen sockets (to use with a torque wrench), you could always re-use the stock bolts for the bushing U brackets. That’s what Edwards did.

Thanks,

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone measure the stock bar (or bars if you're so kind) diameter for me? My truck is right outside, but that's not the problem, my dial caliper is in Florida and I'm in Massachusetts, lol.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, started on the firmest setting. It does feel a tad more firm on the back, but in a good way. I will keep it on this setting for the time being. It does feel like a totally different truck now.

Let me know if you have any questions about the install, although a Caveman could do this...
If you don’t have Allen sockets (to use with a torque wrench), you could always re-use the stock bolts for the bushing U brackets. That’s what Edwards did.

Thanks,

Luckily I’m one of the ones who uses my truck for truck stuff so my garage is full of tools, I probably have 3 of the tool I need somehow. Your pictures are great though, looks very simple, great job man.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Luckily I’m one of the ones who uses my truck for truck stuff so my garage is full of tools, I probably have 3 of the tool I need somehow. Your pictures are great though, looks very simple, great job man.
Thanks. Same here. Can never have enough tools... :unsure:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Can anyone measure the stock bar (or bars if you're so kind) diameter for me? My truck is right outside, but that's not the problem, my dial caliper is in Florida and I'm in Massachusetts, lol.
~ 15/16 / 23.75mm.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll probably start mine on the center hole just to see, need to find the happy medium where the ride is still smooth for my baby and my wife (who hated my F150 ride), but also make it more planted in the corners.

The only possible way it can be rougher is if you get one rear wheel higher or lower than the other. The stiffer bar will try to level them. Going diagonally across a speed bump would be an example. It will be rougher as the bar doesn't want to let the frame move far when the first rear tire goes up the speed bump and then the reverse when the other is high.

On flat ground and speed bumps straight on will be indistinguishable from what you are driving now.

Users who are viewing this thread