5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 hellwig swaybar

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe there is no difference for trucks equipped with or without air suspension, can anyone confirm?

Factory sway bar with air suspension is thicker than the standard coil suspension. The Hellwig will fit either the same.

derichio02

Reaction score
I have only had my truck for 3 weeks and damn this forums is just too much fun. I have a 2021 Laramie 4x4. Just installed the Mopar 2" Lift Kit, Method 18's and 35x12.5 KO2's. Looks like I missed an integral piece with this Hellwig. This is my next purchase but I just want to confirm that the Hellwig 7883 kit is what I should purchase due to the lift is that correct? I see folks using the stock end links but I would like to swap these out while I'm down there. Is the link below the correct Kit?

Also are there non adjustable end links for the Mopar 2" lift kit or ... My OCD sees all of these rusted threads on the adjustable ones and it drives me crazy. Im in SoCal so probably wont have this problem.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have only had my truck for 3 weeks and damn this forums is just too much fun. I have a 2021 Laramie 4x4. Just installed the Mopar 2" Lift Kit, Method 18's and 35x12.5 KO2's. Looks like I missed an integral piece with this Hellwig. This is my next purchase but I just want to confirm that the Hellwig 7883 kit is what I should purchase due to the lift is that correct? I see folks using the stock end links but I would like to swap these out while I'm down there. Is the link below the correct Kit?

Also are there non adjustable end links for the Mopar 2" lift kit or ... My OCD sees all of these rusted threads on the adjustable ones and it drives me crazy. Im in SoCal so probably wont have this problem.

That's the right kit.

Threads: I installed mine with the threaded part down, so water would not intrude UP into the female part. I also put anti-seize into the female end. For the threads, I was liberal with WD-40. ;) (Oh, and I added some layers of paint to the non-threaded parts. Black, despite my initial idea for bright red.)

jake_eizy

Reaction score
I purchased the HellWig rear sway as well as the endlinks based upon the fact that I have a 2” lift. The endlinks were not needed and I returned them to get back my $97.00..
Thinking about adding a hellWig rear sway to my 1500 bighorn ED with ORG and air suspension. Down the road I want to get the daystar 2inch level with new UCA and links. Just to confirm, their would be no need for the links with my set up? Would the ORG maybe affect total height and need endlinks for the sway bar?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking about adding a hellWig rear sway to my 1500 bighorn ED with ORG and air suspension. Down the road I want to get the daystar 2inch level with new UCA and links. Just to confirm, their would be no need for the links with my set up? Would the ORG maybe affect total height and need endlinks for the sway bar?
If you are just doing a front level, it won't effect the rear swaybar

jake_eizy

Reaction score
If you are just doing a front level, it won't effect the rear swaybar
I am planning to do this level (Spacer leveling kit + Adjustable Front Sensor Links (set of 2 or 4) + UCA for Ram 1500) So based on my understanding I should be fine with the standard 7709 sway bar with no links? I have read almost this entire thread and planning to order one up the day my truck arrives to the dealer :p

And, does the tow package or ORG come with a beefier sway bar then standard?

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

DanRam

Reaction score
I joined the hellwig club today. I'm getting a travel trailer and want to stabilize the back end. So far I like the change using the middle hole, doubt I'll try the others. Haven't towed it yet so can't comment on that aspect yet.

My truck has the ORP and wasn't sure I'd see much difference but it's noticeable. Surprisingly, the stock sway bar didn't weigh much less than the hellwig but the hellwig is adjustable so that may account for the difference.

U

User_63152

I put mine in the middle and left it, also. I was curious, about 1 and 3, for a while, but I like the middle. So, there it stays. (y)

ckabe

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the new Hellwig rear sway bar? Part No 7787?

REAR SWAY BAR KIT 09-22 DODGE/RAM 1500 2WD/4WD 1" DIAMETER.​

Part Number: 7793

I talked to Hellwig, and the most I could get from them is the 7709 is 7/8" diameter vs the 7787 is 1" diameter, and most people are buying the thicker bar now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the new Hellwig rear sway bar? Part No 7787?

REAR SWAY BAR KIT 09-22 DODGE/RAM 1500 2WD/4WD 1" DIAMETER.​

Part Number: 7793

I talked to Hellwig, and the most I could get from them is the 7709 is 7/8" diameter vs the 7787 is 1" diameter, and most people are buying the thicker bar now.
Well, if it is thicker it would work better, but the 7787 is the front sway bar and the 7709 is rear sway bar

ckabe

Reaction score
Well, if it is thicker it would work better, but the 7787 is the front sway bar and the 7709 is rear sway bar
Hellwig told me the 7787 wouldn't work on my 5th Gen 2019. What I couldn't get out of the operator, is it simply hasn't been tested on this year or known to not not to work. I also asked if the thicker rear bar was to be matched with the newish front, (since the 7709 matches with the stock front). Again, I got dead air. Anyone install the Hellwig front sway bar? If so what year? Results?

spithead051

Reaction score
Hellwig told me the 7787 wouldn't work on my 5th Gen 2019. What I couldn't get out of the operator, is it simply hasn't been tested on this year or known to not not to work. I also asked if the thicker rear bar was to be matched with the newish front, (since the 7709 matches with the stock front). Again, I got dead air. Anyone install the Hellwig front sway bar? If so what year? Results?

Was just googling the 7793 and could not find any results the other day so I just went with the 7709. I doubt double the retail price gets you double the performance but if they offer a thicker front bar then the 7793 might be better paired.

Can say the 7709 on the middle hole is the sweet spot in my area. Could barely feel a difference in ride quality on rough roads until I tried the inner hole and felt like I lost some of the comfort the truck had. So middle it is for me. I have an '18 Focus RS that drives like a go kart when I really need that fix :)

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
What did you guys end up torquing the sway bar to? The instructions say 30 for the pieces that hold the bar bushings.

I’m going back to stock end links from CORE 4x4 anyone know the stock end link torque specs?

Users who are viewing this thread