5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Exhaust leak,

Mark N

Reaction score
Finally took my 2019 1500 into the dealer with an exhaust leak thinking it was the bolts that had sheared off. It turns out it is a cracked Manifold after only 17K on the truck. Luckily its covered under the warranty. But it took them a Day and 1/2 just to get b past all the Heat shields to actually to get to the manifold.

Reaction score
Finally took my 2019 1500 into the dealer with an exhaust leak thinking it was the bolts that had sheared off. It turns out it is a cracked Manifold after only 17K on the truck. Luckily its covered under the warranty. But it took them a Day and 1/2 just to get b past all the Heat shields to actually to get to the manifold.
How could you tell you had a leak?

hessclark

Reaction score
I am at 88,000 miles and just had this issue appear today. Ironically, it is from the passenger side as well just like in the video. Same noise and it goes away once the truck warms up after about a minute

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I am at 88,000 miles and just had this issue appear today. Ironically, it is from the passenger side as well just like in the video. Same noise and it goes away once the truck warms up after about a minute
It's a very known issue, they might still cover it under warranty... I'd reach out to @RamCares to see if they can help...

Dave08

Reaction score
I also had a cracked manifold but I don’t remember them using a day and a half to get the job done. This is usually an easy fix and I expected a faster service time for you. Has the performance of the truck improved since the change?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I also had a cracked manifold but I don’t remember them using a day and a half to get the job done. This is usually an easy fix and I expected a faster service time for you. Has the performance of the truck improved since the change?
Mine took 4 hours.

Reverse

Reaction score
Both of my manifolds were replaced around 50,000 miles IIRC. It's an ongoing thing with the Hemi's. My 2014 also had both manifolds replaced.

bowhunter87

Reaction score
Took my 2019 laramie in because it has the manifold leak. I knew what it was because it happened on my 2013. Truck has 67000 miles on it so not covered under the powertrain warranty. No big deal, I actually bought the extended warranty that was pushed on me by the finance person. It was a 100,000 mile comprehensive insurance plan. Guy told me it was a bumper to bumper plan and would cover everything. Guess what, they didnt cover the repair. So it cost me $180 to get it diagnosis on something I already knew. I told the service advisor when I dropped it off what was wrong and what extended insurance plan I had that should cover it. You'd think with this being such a common problem and the insurance being purchased through that dealer he would have known it wasnt covered. I wont be going back to that dealer and when it comes time to get a new truck this will factor into my decision.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my 2019 laramie in because it has the manifold leak. I knew what it was because it happened on my 2013. Truck has 67000 miles on it so not covered under the powertrain warranty. No big deal, I actually bought the extended warranty that was pushed on me by the finance person. It was a 100,000 mile comprehensive insurance plan. Guy told me it was a bumper to bumper plan and would cover everything. Guess what, they didnt cover the repair. So it cost me $180 to get it diagnosis on something I already knew. I told the service advisor when I dropped it off what was wrong and what extended insurance plan I had that should cover it. You'd think with this being such a common problem and the insurance being purchased through that dealer he would have known it wasnt covered. I wont be going back to that dealer and when it comes time to get a new truck this will factor into my decision.
What extended warranty did you get? The factory backed plan absolutely covers the exhaust manifolds...

1660760812527.png

bowhunter87

Reaction score
It was called Kornerstone. In the fine print it spells out it doesnt cover "exhaust system". Not much of a comprehensive plan.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It was called Kornerstone. In the fine print it spells out it doesnt cover "exhaust system". Not much of a comprehensive plan.
Make the selling dealership refund the warranty price in full, they are the ones making the profit from selling it.

I have had that done before when I had shady warranties screw me over. Just push the selling dealership not the warranty company.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Mine sounds just like that. Got under it last week and tightened the bolts that clamped the exhaust together. There was some moisture in the joint so I could tell it was leaking. Still sounds the same. I guess I will have to inspect the exhaust manifold for cracks.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question. But what exactly causes the actual “ticking” noise of an exhaust leak?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is what mine sounded like:
Exactly what my 2019 Rebel sounds like, passenger side also though the drivers side did this intentionally, months ago where I have similar video as well

@RamCares after 3 back windows and a full interior guy for water intrusion, this is my next chapter in the Ram ownership saga - I have an appointment next week with my dealer; service scheduler seems to think this is under CA emissions warranty. It better be.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exactly what my 2019 Rebel sounds like, passenger side also though the drivers side did this intentionally, months ago where I have similar video as well

@RamCares after 3 back windows and a full interior guy for water intrusion, this is my next chapter in the Ram ownership saga - I have an appointment next week with my dealer; service scheduler seems to think this is under CA emissions warranty. It better be.
We received your PM on this and have responded back. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

dazzyb

Reaction score
hey @RamCares I have this same issue (passenger side on a 2018 1500 Hemi BigHorn classic). Truck has $56k miles on it and this problem started about 3 weeks ago. What are my options here?

Users who are viewing this thread