5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 5th wheel towing

Deck

Reaction score
View attachment 46590 34' fiver and a 1500 Limited. B&W and Andersen Ultimate hitch. 10 mpg on 2500 miles and NO problems. Tow what you are comfortable with, but a 2500/3500 is definitely not required.
I have a 2020 1500 Limited with 5.7L Hemi , 3.92 axle,, 22in. rims , 4-wheel air suspension, but, not e-torque. we are looking at the Durango 283RLT (32.6ft) fiver with dry wht of 8750lbs... of course fiver dealer says absolutely no problem, but I am a little skeptical.. thoughts?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are looking at getting a 5th wheel. It is a Durango model 283RLT with dry wt. of 8750 lbs. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with trailer tow package, 5.7L Hemi., 3.92 rear axle, 22in. rims and 4 wheel air suspension. One guys said my tow capacity was 11,490 and another said 12,500 ?? I just want to make sure I am OK and can tow this rig comfortably before I make the plunge!! anyone have a similar set up ? results/thoughts? thanks

Looks like dry pin weight is 1,520 lbs.

What does the yellow payload sticker on your drivers door say your weight carrying capacity is?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Limited with 5.7L Hemi , 3.92 axle,, 22in. rims , 4-wheel air suspension, but, not e-torque. we are looking at the Durango 283RLT (32.6ft) fiver with dry wht of 8750lbs... of course fiver dealer says absolutely no problem, but I am a little skeptical.. thoughts?
You're tow rating and your payload rating are very different...especially with a 5th wheel you're going to be payload limited.
Go HERE and click "look up my vehicle" and put in your VIN. Or you can look at the yellow sticker inside your door.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We are looking at getting a 5th wheel. It is a Durango model 283RLT with dry wt. of 8750 lbs. I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with trailer tow package, 5.7L Hemi., 3.92 rear axle, 22in. rims and 4 wheel air suspension. One guys said my tow capacity was 11,490 and another said 12,500 ?? I just want to make sure I am OK and can tow this rig comfortably before I make the plunge!! anyone have a similar set up ? results/thoughts? thanks
I do not even have an opinion anymore.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is the payload capacity of your truck, and the tongue weight of the trailer.
PM me if you like. All I do is create a bunch of accusation when I get into towing talk

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey DD, since it seems that no one does a search or reads the threads that already exist, why not just answer with “don’t worry, be happy…” and include a link to the song by Bobby McFerrin.
("Don't Worry, Be Happy" is a song by American musician Bobby McFerrin released in 1988. It was the first a cappella song to reach number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a position it held for two weeks.Wikipedia).

Hey, we could have a contest to rewrite the lyrics for 5th wheel towing with any 1500/150 truck.
Here goes:

"Don't Worry, Be Happy, 5th wheel version”​

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
With every 5th wheel trailer we have some trouble
When you worry sir, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

Ooh, ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh oo-ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh
(Don't worry)
Ooh oo-ooh ooh ooh oo-ooh