5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Owners Manual... WTF?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, fool me once...

Send me the same incorrect manual twice and I start to take it personally.

Seriously, someone at FCA Canada Publications needs to pick up an 2019 Ram 1500 and look inside... WRONG TRUCK YOU FOOLS!

I'm pretty annoyed at this point. They're closed now, but I'm expecting a return call tomorrow. For any other Canadian owners that receive the wrong manual, @RamCares can only help American customers... so don't bother mentioning it to them like I did.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Part # on the back is 19DS-126-AA.

I can only assume the new manual part # starts with 19DT.

Just my luck.

ronkaren

Reaction score
i am also trying to order one, any idea what the 19DT and 19DS represent?
I ordered a manual a few months back and they sent a book that front cover stated 2019 Ram, but back of jacket was 19DS. inside book was for a 2018 ram.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As @VaderRebel stated the DS is 5th Gen(Classic) and DT is 5th Gen(New style). He tried to order new one for his 2019(DT) and of course they sent him 2 for the DS which is the Classic.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As @VaderRebel stated the DS is 5th Gen(Classic) and DT is 5th Gen(New style). He tried to order new one for his 2019(DT) and of course they sent him 2 for the DS which is the Classic.
Exactly. You'd think the VIN would indicate to the person at the order desk the DT or DS part number... apparently not.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the DS I guess because it doesn't have new style information. Emailed them said they would send new
Update your sig so we know if you're a Canadian or American owner. If you're Canadian, you got a DS manual because Cindy at FCA Publications dept doesn't know shiat from shilo, let alone what truck you have. If you're American, you were just unlucky.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've chatted twice and they promised to mail one. Haven't seen one yet.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've chatted twice and they promised to mail one. Haven't seen one yet.
How long ago?

Picked up car Saturday, Nov. 24, wanted hard copy of the manual.
1. Tried on line - not in FCA system, no good.
2. Called 1 866 726-4636, told to fax proof of ownership (bill of sale or temp reg) to 877 768-5076
3. 877 768-5076 not in service
4. Told to email a picture of proof - did that no response back.
5. Called next day 866 726-4636 told it will take a week to 10 days. Not Happy, explained my irritation.
6. Received manual today, Nov 30th. Good job.
7. Called FCA/RAM to thank them and acknowledge a positive.
8. FCA/Ram closed case
9. Reviewed manual - wrong one, it's for 2019 Classic
10. Phone and email again - told 10 days to 2 weeks.

Thanks to all the posters on this subject. Nice job.

No Longer irritated - now I'm amused.
The rest of my day was similar.
Friday night, relax - I think sangria.

Again thanks to all, "Ram Cares" 5th Generation Cares"
Still wouldn't trade for anything else. Growing Pains - I hope.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My manuals came in a grey draw-string bag with a tire tread pattern on it like the Rebel seats. I think I've spent more time reading through the PDF version from this forum.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My manuals came in a grey draw-string bag with a tire tread pattern on it like the Rebel seats. I think I've spent more time reading through the PDF version from this forum.
Those aren't manuals, just quick reference guides. The manual has to be ordered, it's almost 700 pages.

Ranchram

Reaction score
I am very technology challenged and can not find the pdf version of the manual on this forum. Can someone direct me to the spot. Thanks very much!

Users who are viewing this thread