5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Owners Manual... WTF?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry, after reading all of your posts about problems with your new 5th Gen Rams and seeing @RamCares collect information on almost every issue presented and discussed by the community, I've been trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A sign from FCA that they're all in on this redesign and all new engineering of what could be a game changing truck.

Then I get my owners manual in the mail today.

What a joke. A complete and utter joke. A complete redesign of a truck, new badging, new start/stop technology and industry leading interior... A RECOVERED MANUAL FROM LAST YEAR? No thanks. Nice try FCA... who do you think you are fooling?

There is no reference to some of the options my truck has, all the pictures are of dated trucks, parts and features. How is someone who has no mechanical inclination supposed to learn about their key fob when the buttons are different than illustrated. Why am I looking at a 4th Gen front end and tailgate?

The list is endless.

For shame FCA, for shame.

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry, after reading all of your posts about problems with your new 5th Gen Rams and seeing @RamCares collect information on almost every issue presented and discussed by the community, I've been trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel. A sign from FCA that they're all in on this redesign and all new engineering of what could be a game changing truck.

Then I get my owners manual in the mail today.

What a joke. A complete and utter joke. A complete redesign of a truck, new badging, new start/stop technology and industry leading interior... A RECOVERED MANUAL FROM LAST YEAR? No thanks. Nice try FCA... who do you think you are fooling?

There is no reference to some of the options my truck has, all the pictures are of dated trucks, parts and features. How is someone who has no mechanical inclination supposed to learn about their key fob when the buttons are different than illustrated. Why am I looking at a 4th Gen front end and tailgate?

The list is endless.

For shame FCA, for shame.

I think they shipped you the wrong manual. How does it compare to the downloadable pdf? That one has specifics that line up, including the key fobs.

Davidmurphy02

Reaction score
There must have been a printing error on the manual they sent you - I had the full printed manual sent to me and it is correct, photos and descriptions are all relevant to the 2019.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to laugh at this. As mentioned above thats definitely a printing error because thats the older manual with a 2019 cover, the actual 2019 manual is different.

EDIT: @Edwards is definitely thinking, I guarantee thats what happened.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know, I'm half laughing at this myself, but it is pretty pathetic... why even ask for my VIN then? I know these things can happen and I've reached out to @RamCares to resolve it... if they can. I have a feeling if I call FCA Canada back, they'll say "we've already issued a manual to that VIN" or something to that affect.

Just another "thing" to deal with, you know? :)

immersivenc

Reaction score
I know, I'm half laughing at this myself, but it is pretty pathetic... why even ask for my VIN then? I know these things can happen and I've reached out to @RamCares to resolve it... if they can. I have a feeling if I call FCA Canada back, they'll say "we've already issued a manual to that VIN" or something to that affect.

Just another "thing" to deal with, you know? :)

"Cannot duplicate misprinted manual, functions as designed."

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or they sent you a 2019 Classic manual which is what I suspect.

I'd just ask for a new one and make sure they send you a 5th gen manual.
At first I thought the same thing... but you'd think they'd designate it with "Classic" on the cover to stop the 87 year old chainsmoking granny I spoke with on the phone from mailing the wrong manual to the twitchy fella that just spent $65k on the new Rebel. :ROFLMAO:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The day after receiving an email telling me my request for the manual is being processed, I got an email telling me that my owners manual will be delayed two to three weeks. I’m guessing that the misprint is the issue.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The day after receiving an email telling me my request for the manual is being processed, I got an email telling me that my owners manual will be delayed two to three weeks. I’m guessing that the misprint is the issue.

20180829_064806.jpg

Reactions: 356

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hey folks. How do you go about getting a printed manual? In 2014 I ordered one from Owners site. Haven't seen the option for 2019. Thanks in advance
Mine came with the truck. Did you not get one?
If not, I would ask the dealer. Should have been included.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can confirm my 8-18 build Laramie came with the manual in the truck, wrapped in plastic so I don't know if its the right manual, but its a manual, lol

Jordan2929

Reaction score
The manual they sent you isn't a misprint, the manual for the 5th gen rams says "all new" on the cover. Just a simple mistake of them sending you the manual for the 2019 classic, I'd call and explain that to them.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA Publications Dept. phoned this morning and all has been corrected. She explained it was probably a mis-pick, to which I laughed and asked if that explained the cover!? She laughed too and had no idea. She also confirmed the 2019 Classic manual should say "Classic" Ram 1500 on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread